Chicken, Chicken, and more Chicken!

Options

Replies

• Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Mass produced chickens are muck for your body, and spend their entire lives crammed into tiny pens in disgraceful conditions...its funny, when you stop eating them its hard to imagine seeing one chopped up on your plate covered in gravy!

Good for you. But the board here was how to prepare chicken, not for you to tout your personal beleifs about not eating it. Probably have better luck preaching somewhere else....

What crawled up your *kitten*? :tongue: Freedom of speech, m'dear :wink: I gave a recepie did I not? If it wasn't for people like me I'd still be eating chicken and would be another step closer to cancer and heart disease...'The China Study' - the most comprehensive study of nutrition every conducted...look into it :wink:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    These are SO GOOD. I make them almost once a week. From Skinnytaste.com:

Baked Chicken Nuggets

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4th of nuggets • Calories: 164.9 • Fat: 4.6 g • Protein: 22.1 g • Carb: 7.7 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Sugar: 0.1 g

16 oz (2 large) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even bit sized pieces
    salt and pepper to taste
    2 tsp olive oil
    6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
    2 tbsp panko
    2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
    olive oil spray (I used my Misto)

Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.

Put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another.

Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken.

Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet. Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 - 10 minutes. Turn over then cook another 4 - 5 minutes or until cooked though.

baked-chicken-nuggets-1.jpg
  • marriedwith
    marriedwith Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    cook your boneless chicken with salsa thrown in at the end - maybe a little mexican cheese melted on it. simple and delicious!
  • honeydiva
    honeydiva Posts: 14
    Options
    I marinate chicken the day before and bake it...

I use boneless skiness thighs (dark meat is just juicer to me) I put olive oil, basil, pepper, and garlic. Let it sit over night put into 400 degree oven for 45 min covered with foil, uncover drain off some of the fat and place back in oven without the foil for 20 more min, comes out very good and tender every time. Reheating it doesn't dry it out either.

I love chicken and it does it a little boring at times but I am always looking for new healthy ways to make it...Good Luck
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Mass produced chickens are muck for your body, and spend their entire lives crammed into tiny pens in disgraceful conditions...its funny, when you stop eating them its hard to imagine seeing one chopped up on your plate covered in gravy!

Good for you. But the board here was how to prepare chicken, not for you to tout your personal beleifs about not eating it. Probably have better luck preaching somewhere else....
    What crawled up your *kitten*? :tongue: Freedom of speech, m'dear :wink: I gave a recepie did I not? If it wasn't for people like me I'd still be eating chicken and would be another step closer to cancer and heart disease...'The China Study' - the most comprehensive study of nutrition every conducted...look into it :wink:

Wow...okay, finally, the cure for cancer has been found. Whew.

Seriously, okay to have your beliefs, and even okay to talk about them...but probably not okay to do it when not asked. Just my two cents.
  • amazon75
    amazon75 Posts: 165
    Options
    Try a quick stir fry. Boil a 2 oz serving of pasta, the last few minutes through in a cup or more of frozen veggies. Drain and set aside. Saute about 4 oz of chicken. Once its done, mix, the pasta,veggies and chicken with teriyaki stir fry sauce.

Also, if you're interested in other lean meats, you may check out boneless center cut pork chops or beef chuck tender steak.
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bump. can't wait to try some of these out :)
  • Hewert101
    Hewert101 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I got this from the Biggest looser cook book. I love it.

Pecan Chicken.

Chop pecan till they look like bread crums or close to it

Take a chicken breast (if thick, smash it till it is thinner)

Dip the chicken in egg then coat the chicken in the pecan. make sure the breast is covered with pecans.

Bake chicken at 325 till cooked. The thicker the chicken the longer it will take to cook. I could eat this every night its so good.
  • Thatsdatdiva601
    Thatsdatdiva601 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Apparently now that I am going to die from eating chicken...I may as well enjoy it!! The post about laughing cow cheese stuffed breasts......very interesting....but this ignorant chef needs more help than that...How do you do it? LOL
  • Lyra89
    Options
    ..."probably not okay to do it when not asked..."

That is the ONLY time I'll do it! :laugh: Why would someone ask me my opinion on chicken consumption? :tongue:

I prepare and cook chicken every day. Just thought I'd throw in MY two cents incase it happens to latch on to anyone :wink: I'm big into nutrition and have been researching and studying it for a long long time.

Why else are we all here if not to share our opinions on things?

Its a forum!
  • Lyra89
    Options
    Oh and I agree with the guy who said peanut butter & chicken! Satay = THE BEST! :smile:
  • Hewert101
    Hewert101 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    my mother makes this dish and ever one seems to love it.
  • Rockerchick77
    Options
    I stuff chicken breasts with Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb cheese and bake. Delicious and the whole family begs me to make it.

I am SO trying this!
  • LisaKunz
    LisaKunz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I buy the big bags of individual frozen, boneless skinless breasts. These are a couple of my favorites: 1. Put as many as you want (frozen is fine) into a ziplock bag with some light Italian salad dressing. Marinate in the fridge overnight or all day. Cook on the George Foreman grill for about 6 minutes, or, even better, on the real grill outside. 2. Cut breasts into large bite-size pieces. Stir fry with barely any oil (I use canola spray just to coat the non-stick pan) and a bag of frozen stir fry vegetables. Season as you wish; I often don't use any, my husband adds soy sauce. Serve over rice. 3. Place breasts in a baking pan. Cover with light ranch salad dressing. Bake uncovered til done (about half an hour if thawed). You can use any other salad dressing that you like - just watch the fat/calorie content.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options

hahahahaha The China Study!!! hahahahahahahah!!! "most comprehensive study" hahahahahahahah!! no, seriously, tell me another one
  • shellyfl
    shellyfl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sisnero
    sisnero Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • barbiedollgirl
    barbiedollgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    BUMP