Chicken, Chicken, and more Chicken!

Options

Replies

• rachleb
    rachleb Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The easiest (and very tasty) chicken for me to cook only needs one ingredient: Grub Rub! It is a seasoning that is a tenderizer, seasoning, and marinade in one! It is gluten free and contains no MSG (though it does contain some salt and sugar if you are watching that). I rub it into chicken breasts (sometimes I let it 'soak in' for about 10 mins in the fridge) and then grill them. Delicious, tender chicken every time!
  • MS04
    MS04 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KenziesMomma11
    KenziesMomma11 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You don't NEED chicken :smile:

I've had the best success since giving up land animals, and I didn't even do it for weight loss!

You don't NEED to be pushy....
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm always looking for new chicken recipes, thanks:happy:
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I can only eat chicken with bbq sauce
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Recipe name Chicken Chasseur
    Number of servings 3

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    Generic - Raw Chicken Thigh, No Skin, No Bone, 486.0 g 608 0 27 0
    Generic - Olive Oil 1 Tsp, 1 tsp 40 0 5 0
    Generic - Shallots, 40 g 8 1 0 1
    Asda - Tomato Puree , 15 g 13 2 0 1
    Tomato - Medium, Raw on the Vine, 1.5 medium tomato (123g) 33 8 0 2
    Generic - Dry White Wine, 0.5 glass (250ml) 83 0 0 0
    Garlic - Raw - 1 Clove, 1 clove/4 grams 4 1 0 0
    Spices - Thyme, dried, 1 tsp, leaves 3 1 0 0
    Spices - Tarragon, dried, 1 tsp, leaves 2 0 0 0
    Fresh - Flat Mushroom, 1 Lrge 13 0 0 0
    Oxo - Chicken Stock, 250 ml 23 3 0 1
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 830 16 32 5
    Per Serving: 277 5 11 2

Cook on the hob in a shallow casserole, uncovered. Brown chicken first, add tomato puree then everything else except sliced mushroom and spices. Cook for 20ish mins add mushrooms, 10 mins then stir spices. I usually have new or mashed potatoes and greens.
    Hope this is ok, first time i've tried to add a recipe!
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Bump because I have an amazing steamed chicken recipe I'll put up when I get home
  • amandataylor0819
    Options
    My current fave chicken recipe:

Marinate a chicken breast in fat free italian dressing (i actually ran out and used some ff ceasar italian dressing and like it better) - you can marinate it for as long as you want...I usually let it sit in the dressing covered with foil in the fridge all day...then dredge it in some italian bread crumbs...fold chicken over a piece of low fat string cheese and bake for 30 minutes @ 400 degrees, turning 1/2 way through...YUM, I even have my co-worked hooked on it..
  • Gardening_Geek
    Options
    Camping season is upon us, and this may not be the BEST calorie-wise recipe, but it is the best chicken camping recipe EVER.

No mess, easy clean up -- everything goes in the garbage or gets cleaned and recycled! This recipe is best when made the night before and left in the fridge overnight. Put it on ice in the cooler and take out 10 minutes before you cook it to allow the oil to melt.

Campfire Chicken Roast
    Ingredients:
    Chicken Portion:
    1pkg boneless chicken thighs (approx 6 pieces)
    Garlic
    Greek seasoning
    Salt & pepper
    Olive or Sunflower oil

Vegetables:
    Carrots
    Potatoes
    broccoli
    cauliflower
    brussel sprouts (opt.)
    Olive or Oil
    Salt and Pepper
    Greek Seasoning
    Garlic

Extras:
    2 super sealable plastic baggies (the zipper zip lock ones work best)
    Disposable tin roasting pan
    1 bottle of beer

Directions:

Vegetables:
    Cut all washed and peeled veggies into bite size portions.
    Put in one baggy. Drizzle oil over top (probably a tbsp -- more if you have lots of veggies). Chop garlic (however much you want) and add to veggies. Add salt and pepper and greek seasoning to taste.
    Close bag and shake it so all the veggies get some seasoning and garlic. Put in fridge.

Chicken:
    Place your chicken thighs in the ziploc bag. Add garlic, oil (2-4 tbsp depending on amount of chicken) and seasonings (greek, salt, pepper). Close baggy, mash ingredients around in bag so that the chicken gets a good covering of seasonings.

Cooking:
    Put chicken in the tin roasting pan. Put vegetables around the chicken. You could also put the chicken on top of the vegetables. Make sure you get most of the oil out of the bag. Add approx 1/2 bottle of beer, enough to cover approx 1/2 the chicken (do not submerge the chicken!). Cover with tin foil. Put on camp fire grate. Drink and have a good time, checking occasionally and keeping the fire going.

Cook time: approx 45 mins, depending on fire heat
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Both my husband and I love this receipe!

Chicken Chardon

Original Recipe Yield 8 servings

Ingredients
    8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1 egg
    salt and pepper to taste
    2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
    1 cup bread crumbs
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley

Directions
    1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

2. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
    In a separate dish, mix bread crumbs with 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.
    Set aside.

3. Mix together the melted butter and lemon juice. Pour about 2/3 of the butter mixture into
    the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Tilt pan to coat the bottom. Spread mushrooms in an even
    layer in the bottom of the dish. Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture, then into the bread
    crumb mixture. Place on top of the mushrooms. Drizzle remaining butter over the chicken, and sprinkle
    with parsley.
    4. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear.

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 281 | Total Fat: 11.6g | Cholesterol: 113mg

It is just so good!

I definitely have to make this :)
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sarahw4986
    sarahw4986 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    An easy chicken recipe is chicken parma. Just cook up a chicken breast, add some salsa onto it with low fat ham and low fat cheese and melt, advocado and onion on top is also de-lish! yum yum and super easy!
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    LOL Forgot to list the chicken!!

Chicken Rollatini

 Mushrooms, 2 diced
     Kirkland Signature - Frozen Chicken Tenderloins, 16 oz
     94% or 95% FF (Godshall's/ Jenny-O) turkey bacon, 1 Slice (chopped in small pieces... bacon bits would also work)
     Sargento - Light String Cheese, 1 stick chopped
     onion, 1 tbs chopped or diced
     Garlic Cloves, 4 Medium Cloves crushed and minced
     Fat Free Ricotta Cheese, 1/8 c (or 2 tbs)
     Stonewall Kitchen - Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce, 2 tbs
     salt & pepper as you like
     dried parsley flakes or any other herbs/seasonings

Preheat oven to 350

1.) Coat pan with cooking spray

2.) Sautee the bacon bits, garlic, and onion until brown or to your liking (you may need oil... i used a nonstick pan, no oil)

3.) In a small bowl mixing bowl combine the sautéed mixture with the cheese, salt, pepper, and other seasonings

4.) Place equal amt of filling on each fillet.

5.) Roll each "stuffed" fillet, and place seam side down on a baking sheet or foil (spray oil or grease if you'd like)

6.) Brush tops of ea fillet w/ grilling sauce & bake for 20 +/- minutes

Per Serving: 4 oz of chicken before stuffed 161 Calories

Balsamic Honey Glazed Chicken

Ingredients
    • 16 oz. chicken tenders (or four 4 oz breast filets, cut into 1” strips)
    • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    • 1/4 cup honey
    • 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
    • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Directions
    Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerate for 1 hour.
    Add all ingredients to large skillet, cook on medium heat until chicken is cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
    Delicious served over a bed of brown rice. To serve as an appetizer, combine 2 tablespoons honey and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar for dipping.

Per Serving 4 Oz Chicken: 181 Calories

Both sound delish!! I can't wait to try them -thanks!!
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    I also love the chick who doesn't eat animals but cooks them, hahaha
    [/quote]

HILARIOUS!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Taco Chicken

Cook chicken with taco seasoning. When it is done, add sprinkled cheese and let it melt while still in the skillet. Serve.
  • newMe936
    newMe936 Posts: 31
    Options
    better than "copycat" recipe for Applebee's Dijon Chicken and Portobellos

4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 5 oz. each)
    4 green onions, thinly sliced
    1/4 C. Dijon mustard
    1 T. fresh lemon juice 1 large clove garlic, minced salt and pepper to taste
    2 T. olive oil

Combine all ingredients except chicken in a gallon size ziplock bag. Shake well to mix. Add chicken breasts, making sure they are thoroughly coated. Squeeze out as much air as possible and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (or overnight).

1 red bell pepper 1 8 oz. package whole crimini mushrooms, cleaned 1/2 red onion

Preheat grill. Grill vegetables (using a grill grid if desired) until they are about halfway cooked through. Remove and cool. Dice and place together in a bowl. Remove chicken from marinade and grill until cooked through, about 8 minutes per side. Keep warm.

To assemble, place each chicken breast on an oven-proof serving plate. Top with about 1/2 C. of mushroom/pepper/onion mixture. Sprinkle with about 2 T. freshly grated asiago cheese. Broil just until cheese is melted and slightly browned. Serve with 1 C. of microwave steamed potatoes (plain) and 2 C. steamed mixed veggies (couple spritzes of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray).

I found this one on a blog. I baked my veggies instead of grilling, loved it!!
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My husband is an awesome cook and loves to grill as well. We eat a LOT of chicken every week. I like it best when he brines it first for a few hours--usually in a mixure of citrus, some cut up apples and bit of apple/cider vinegar cut with warm water. Then he adds seasonings (garlic/oregano, pepper and a touch of oilve oil)--You can add your fav spices---then cover and let brine for 3-4 hrs and then grill as usual. The meat is super moist and tastes amazing. Then after itcools off--I portion it up in freezer bags and we have meals for the week that just take 1- 1 1/2 mins to cook and it tastes like it just came off the grill again.:flowerforyou:
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    My old way of cooking it was my favorite. Throw it in crockpot (frozen if needed), add a can of cream of something soup and cook all day. Shred and put on top of mashed potatoes. OMG, I ate this at least 3 times a week. So good.

My new way is chicken with salsa cooked all day with no mashed potatoes. Still good. I will either eat plain with a bit of sour cream or I put on corn tortillas (not the crunchy kind the ones that aren't fried).

My other favorite is baking with a piece of bacon or two on top. Then when almost done put a couple of slices of swiss cheese on top and let melt. Very plain but very delicious.