Chicken, Chicken, and more Chicken!

Options

Replies

• amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My awesomely delicious Chicken & Cheese Skillet.

Marinate chicken breasts in olive oil, crushed red pepper, chopped garlic, black pepper and parsley.

Saute with diced onion and bell peppers.

Top with cheese (I use cheese slices because they melt better). Yumm!
  • amanda3588
    Options
    Or Honey Chicken Kabobs

Marinate cubed chicken in chopped garlic and equal parts olive oil, soy sauce and honey. This should be left to marinate overnight or prepped in the morning for that evening's dinner.

Put the chicken on the kabobs along with bell peppers, onion and pineapple. Marinate throughout cooking.
  • sweetmommyofthree
    sweetmommyofthree Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of great ideas. I know in the summer we love to marinade chicken and throw if on the grill for easy evening meals.
  • patty43ck
    patty43ck Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Bump! Can't wait to try some of these!
  • amanda3588
    Options
    I made skinny chicken enchiladas last night that turned out wonderfully!

Yields 4 servings (2 enchiladas per serving)
    Calories: 292
    Carbs: 32
    Fat: 10
    Protein: 32
    Sodium: 712mg
    Fiber: 15

Enchilada Filling
    8 Tortillas (I used Tumaro's 95% fat free, low carb multigrain tortillas)
    1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 cup chopped bell peppers
    1/2 cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (I use Dannon Oikos)
    1/2 cups Shredded Low-Fat Mexican Cheese (I used Weywauwega Reduced Fat Mexican)

Skinny Enchilada Sauce
    3/4 cup Salsa (I used Tostino's Chunky Salsa
    1/4 cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
    1/4 cup Low-Fat Shredded Cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray
    2. Saute onions and peppers with cooking spray until lightly brown
    3. Mix veggies with the rest of the enchilada filling
    4. Spread approximately 1/4 c. of the mixture onto the tortillas and roll into a burrito. Place seam down in the baking dish
    5. Mix salsa and yogurt and spread evenly over the tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese.
    6. Place foil over dish and bake 15-20 minutes.
  • Deeroy2
    Deeroy2 Posts: 2
    Options
    I marinate chicken in a variety of things and then on the grill it goes. I love chicken!
  • hatescows
    hatescows Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My favorite way is: grilled chicken breast topped with a 1/2 and 1/2 combination of Southwest Mustard (spicy) and honey.

Also good with Dijon/honey
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    These all sound great!
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Butterfly the chicken breast.
    Marinade in habanero, garlic, ponzu sauce, and smash some blackberries and throw that in there. Let sit for a day
    BBQ
  • mdsh02
    mdsh02 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We do alot of chicken in my house. I am still trying to find new ways to prepare it so that we dont get bored. here are a few ways we make it:

Chicken stirfry: I dont like the frozen bag of veggies so we do all fresh, we add squash (which I thought would be gross but is actually DELICIOUS.) red, yellow and orange peppers, onions, mushrooms (I used canned because that is what I prefer). We cut the chicken into about 2 inch strips, cook with veggies and add a stir fry sauce. we have used the bottled version and the packet, I prefer the bottle. Serve it over rice. YUMMY!!!

Chicken kabobs: we skewer chicken, peppers (any and all colors), onions, whole fresh mushrooms, squash and zuchini. first we put all the veggies (cut into about 1 inch pieces) into a pan ( coat the pan with FF spray, and then spray the top of the veggies as well) cook in oven for about 20 minutes. Then skewer everything and grill for about 20 minutes. we have also made the skweres with a lean steak which is delicious but has more calories.

I also like to marinate in a few different things. I love the kraft Italian and roasted red pepper dressing, also I have used a tuscan dressing that tastes like barbq sauce but not so sweet or thick.

Love all these new recipes that I have seen on here to try, thanks!!!!
  • klakers3
    klakers3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I made skinny chicken enchiladas last night that turned out wonderfully!

Yields 4 servings (2 enchiladas per serving)
    Calories: 292
    Carbs: 32
    Fat: 10
    Protein: 32
    Sodium: 712mg
    Fiber: 15

Enchilada Filling
    8 Tortillas (I used Tumaro's 95% fat free, low carb multigrain tortillas)
    1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 cup chopped bell peppers
    1/2 cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (I use Dannon Oikos)
    1/2 cups Shredded Low-Fat Mexican Cheese (I used Weywauwega Reduced Fat Mexican)

Skinny Enchilada Sauce
    3/4 cup Salsa (I used Tostino's Chunky Salsa
    1/4 cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
    1/4 cup Low-Fat Shredded Cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray
    2. Saute onions and peppers with cooking spray until lightly brown
    3. Mix veggies with the rest of the enchilada filling
    4. Spread approximately 1/4 c. of the mixture onto the tortillas and roll into a burrito. Place seam down in the baking dish
    5. Mix salsa and yogurt and spread evenly over the tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese.
    6. Place foil over dish and bake 15-20 minutes.

Sounds delicious! I've been wanting to try chicken enchiladas but wanted something with low calories! Thanks for sharing. :)
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    Options
    Bump!
  • Jaloth
    Jaloth Posts: 28
    Options
    Go to www.cookingquinoa.net Look for the recipe for California Chick'n and Quinoa salad!! It is so good!!! It has only 260 calories per cup!!! i have made it twice now!!!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites lately is my Low Carb Chicken Parmesan. Love it!

Ingredients:
    1 egg
    2 Chicken breasts, cut thin to 4 oz portion
    1/2 grated parmesan cheese
    1/2 almond flour
    1 tbsp Italian seasoning (fresh herbs are better but not always available when I cook it)
    1 t salt
    1 t black pepper
    1 tbsp olive oil
    marinara/spaghetti sauce
    mozzarella cheese slice

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scramble the egg. Mix parmesan, almond flour, Italian herbs, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Dip chicken breast in egg then toss and coat completely in parmesan/flour mixture. Repeat for desired number portions. Let coated chicken rest for 5-10 minutes. (This lets the coating stick better). Meanwhile heat up a large frying pan with the olive oil to medium high heat. When the oil is hot enough, put each coated chicken into the pan for 2-3 minutes on each side, just enough to brown the coating. Remove chicken from pan and place on a cookie sheet. (I like to put mine on a rack on top of the cookie sheet, for added crunchy texture). Spoon marinara sauce to coat the chicken, then place mozzarella slice on top. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and Enjoy!

Per 4 oz serving: 243 calories 12g fat 5g carbs 28g protein

Definitely trying this one!
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I cook 10lbs of chicken every Sunday... I use boneless skinless chicken and bake it at 350F until it hits 160F. I just change up what seasoning I use.. Last time I used lemon and red pepper flakes... It stays juicy and it's ready to be used for almost every dish!
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I stuff chicken breasts with Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb cheese and bake. Delicious and the whole family begs me to make it.

^^^Sounds yummy! I do this, but I use american cheese slices and a little bit of ham...I'll have to try substituting the Laughing Cow next time! :love:
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    chicken breasts or thighs (1 for each person)
    potato/sweet potato cut into chunks
    peppers
    butternut
    carrots
    orange juice
    sugar
    tomato (I use the little cherry ones)

Chop all veggies. Place first 5 ingredients into a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 20 minutes. Add orange juice about a cup, tomatoes and I sprinkle about a teaspoon of sugar, I just find this brings out the flavour of the OJ/tomatoes. Season to taste. Bake for about another 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes are nice and gooey.
    This is so easy to do and you can use whatever roasting veggies you have available. I have done it with aubergine and zuccini
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • ashlye08
    ashlye08 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Mass produced chickens are muck for your body, and spend their entire lives crammed into tiny pens in disgraceful conditions...its funny, when you stop eating them its hard to imagine seeing one chopped up on your plate covered in gravy!

Good for you. But the board here was how to prepare chicken, not for you to tout your personal beleifs about not eating it. Probably have better luck preaching somewhere else....

YES!!!
  • brittlee82185
    Options
    BUMP!!!!!!