Feeling unattractive?

Options

Replies

• diffusechris
    diffusechris Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    People feel unattractive all the time I am lucky that I have a face for radio, and while not the best looking or with the biggest muscles. My sense of humour gets me through, it took a long time for me to realise this and not focus on the outward so much. Yes I moisturise and spray Hugo boss on for work, but being a nice person is by far the most attractive quality anyone can have. X

Ps I am not saying I am a nice person but I do try - until ppl piss me off lol
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I struggled with BDD when I was younger. And it really had an impact on my life. I relate to the others here that decided after a certain age to embrace themselves as they are. I have a healthy functioning body. I realize this even more after a severe medical injury that changed my life (not a good thing). I have a lot to be thankful for. And a lot I can do. So, I do what I want, I enjoy life. Because life is short and you only get one. This is the life I have and I am going to live it. I'm not going to waste it. And I see the positive influence it has had on my daughters. Also a good book is Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach.
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Meh, I still feel like the fat girl with the big nose. Probably always will, but when I am down to a good weight I feel better about myself.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    4-5 years ago I was insecure pretty much all the time, even when I was in good shape. Now that I have my BF of nearly 3 years who has reinforced from the start that I'm beautiful no matter what, I've relaxed into my own body a lot. Even when I'm heavier than I'd like (like right now) I still feel cute. My ex was emotionally and verbally abusive and I think that's a huge reason why I was insecure all the time, so I'm happy to have someone supportive now.

Also finding clothes that I like and that look well, no matter my shape or weight, helps a lot with this. You could be in great shape and wear the wrong size clothes and still look funky.

My last go around with MFP was focused not so much on my weight and what I saw in the mirror, and that's also helped a ton. Weight is just a number.
  • jonnucke
    jonnucke Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Rejected by my husband most days...yep I feel unattractive right now.

I am in the same boat, but reversed. She says shes just not interested anymore in anyone...
  • Pterod
    Pterod Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    jonnucke wrote: »
    Rejected by my husband most days...yep I feel unattractive right now.

I am in the same boat, but reversed. She says shes just not interested anymore in anyone...

I'm sorry you're in a similar position, that's exactly what my husband says. I hope things get better for you.
  • brianbgboy
    brianbgboy Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    _birdie__ wrote: »
    yep i dont think it will ever change

i'm ok with that though

like ive lived so long irl as an un pretty girl i wouldn't know how to be any other way
    but you are not an unpretty girl! not at all!
  • brianbgboy
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    yep i dont think it will ever change

i'm ok with that though

like ive lived so long irl as an un pretty girl i wouldn't know how to be any other way

whoa. wait. what?

I just saw this. "Un-pretty" ??

....No way, just the opposite; seriously.

you know i've lost about 85 pounds now and logically i see it but i was fat for my whole life and really fat for like the past 6/7 years so i dont feel it

irl still have like that 'keep your head down and don't talk to anyone' kinda thing that fat kids have
    ive lost over 250lbs now and I am the same way! the fat mentality never seems to go away!

• brianbgboy
    Options
    I never think of myself as attractive. long time of living obese has mad me this way. now days it seems most woman are intimidated by me, so ive been told a few times. ive lost a lot of weight and added a lot of muscle but since im 6'6" and tatted up I get judged a lot. don't really care either. ill find someone that fits the bill one day!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    nope. i'm hot.
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    @brianbgboy Tattoos are hot; especially sleeves. :wink:
  • Pterod
    Pterod Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    brianbgboy wrote: »
    I never think of myself as attractive. long time of living obese has mad me this way. now days it seems most woman are intimidated by me, so ive been told a few times. ive lost a lot of weight and added a lot of muscle but since im 6'6" and tatted up I get judged a lot. don't really care either. ill find someone that fits the bill one day!

I think you look incredible (and hot!) well done on such a remarkable weight loss, you're a real inspiration.
  • brianbgboy
    Options
    memickee wrote: »
    @brianbgboy Tattoos are hot; especially sleeves. :wink:
    well thanks! ill take that with a BIG smile!! @memickee

• brianbgboy
    Options
    brianbgboy wrote: »

I think you look incredible (and hot!) well done on such a remarkable weight loss, you're a real inspiration.
    wow! thanks @bearbugbear I truly appreciate that! I never get compliments ever.. your cute yourself too! ;)

• mkolie
    mkolie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No one is unattractive. It's the heart that matters.
  • _birdie__
    _birdie__ Posts: 308 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    mkolie wrote: »

what about that one serial killer that cooked babies and ate them?

eta: albert fish, werewolf of wysteria, the original boogeyman
  • _birdie__
    _birdie__ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    mkolie wrote: »

what about that one serial killer that cooked babies and ate them?

eta: albert fish, werewolf of wysteria, the original boogeyman

They have unattractive hearts and are therefore unattractive

"no one is unattractive" is what the man said

then he said the heart thing

idk idk

i still think he might be saying albert fish is attractive