Depressed and nobody to talk to...

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
edited September 2016 in Chit-Chat
How do you deal with it? I can't turn off my brain and I've been crying all day... and trying really hard to hide it from everyone else...

Replies

• kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    This happens to me more often than I'd like to admit. My brain never stops and I overthink everything.

I try to get out of the house, even if it's just to go to a coffee shop to sit for a bit or just walk through Home Depot. As long as I'm around people, although I may not interact, I generally feel a bit better.
  • Francl27
    Options
    This happens to me more often than I'd like to admit. My brain never stops and I overthink everything.

I try to get out of the house, even if it's just to go to a coffee shop to sit for a bit or just walk through Home Depot. As long as I'm around people, although I may not interact, I generally feel a bit better.

Ugh actually it's been rough today. Had to pick up the kids at school and had nobody to talk to while the kids played (I have one friend there but I don't want to pester him every day), and tonight is the school PTA meeting and I'm just going to sit alone again... I don't know why I said I'd go :(
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Put a smile on your face. It's like tricking yourself that everything is ok.

I always feel conspicuous sitting alone but I try to take the time to be observational.
  • 2MuchTyme
    2MuchTyme Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    We are here.....if you want interactive let me know...ill chat
  • Francl27
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Ugh actually it's been rough today. Had to pick up the kids at school and had nobody to talk to while the kids played (I have one friend there but I don't want to pester him every day), and tonight is the school PTA meeting and I'm just going to sit alone again... I don't know why I said I'd go :(

Ahhh....the emptiness years. I'm there too. It's rough with kids as I live for them, do everything for them. People say stop and do stuff for yourself.....and I just want to say I don't even know who I am anymore. Plus there isn't time for that. You get lost somewhere along the way. Maybe try to start thinking of little things that you enjoy during the meeting....plan something for you....for some positive thoughts to spend your time and it might help reduce your stressful feelings.

How do you not go nuts? I guess it doesn't help that my marriage has been pretty much going downhill for 2 years and that I really don't have any friends to talk to. I just feel that nobody cares about me or respects/appreciates me...

Also I'm PMSing so it really doesn't help, but today has just been completely awful.
  • aalixandruh
    aalixandruh Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Go seek help. I'm going to see a therapist on Thursday because I've felt so horrible and anxious lately. Don't be ashamed of it. Everyone needs a little "bump" back into their norm every now and then. Good luck to you. <3
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Find some meetup groups in your area and explore new activities.

Sounds like you need more social interaction. Perhaps volunteering would be beneficial.
  • lexi3500
    lexi3500 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm the same boat as u mad
  • lexi3500
    lexi3500 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You can talk to me
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Ahhh....the emptiness years. I'm there too. It's rough with kids as I live for them, do everything for them. People say stop and do stuff for yourself.....and I just want to say I don't even know who I am anymore. Plus there isn't time for that. You get lost somewhere along the way. Maybe try to start thinking of little things that you enjoy during the meeting....plan something for you....for some positive thoughts to spend your time and it might help reduce your stressful feelings.

Beautiful reply LiftingLady5
  • KennyDL
    KennyDL Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I like being alone but the thoughts are so annoying. My brain keeps thinking about what's the future is going to hold. I think for you, distraction is the key. I suggest volunteering.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Find some meetup groups in your area and explore new activities.

Sounds like you need more social interaction. Perhaps volunteering would be beneficial.

I'm an introvert and pretty awkward socially... I feel very uncomfortable in groups... It's very hard for me to approach people and I wouldn't even bother a friend if she was talking with someone I don't know... I only had a few good friendships in my life and was always let down, sometimes badly, so it doesn't help... and I don't want to be needy with the people that I like and lose them too... even though I'do anything for them... I've honestly forgotten what it's like to have people there for you... my family was never there and my husband just doesn't seem to care anymore.

I joined a hiking meet up actually and loved the first hike, but we had 10 people... 20 people signed up for this week end's and I'm really not sure I'm going to go. Nothing worse for me than being alone with other people who are interacting. I'd much rather be alone.

So yeah... it sucks...
  • Francl27
    Options
    Why don't you come to the beautiful ones selfie thread and post selfies and indulge in the online vanity project?

I don't recommend this if you are a sensitive soul however.... @projectsix made fun of my pajamas and I cried when I accidentally posted in this one

Aww.

Yeah I don't look good enough for selfies...
  • Domino_75
    Domino_75 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I feel like I could have started this thread. I feel just like you do @FrancI27. In my home town I felt like an outcast, even though most of the people I was around was family. We moved a couple months ago and that has actually helped. I have no expectations that people will talk to me. I have actually had more conversations with complete strangers in the last two months than I had in two years in my home town. MFP has made a world of difference. I can vent here and have people to talk to and have fun with on my terms. I'm an introvert as well, so there are days I don't feel like interacting, but most days this is where I come to have a good time and get out of my depressive moods.