Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Diet Pills and all that that implies

Options

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am very conservative when it comes to my health. As these "fat loss" pills are ephedrine or caffeine based, I am not interested.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I just realized that running gives me the boost and well-being these pills promise.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Plain old cheap and cheerful coffee does it for me. I've only recently started drinking it, I've been a tea drinker all of my life. I'm annoyed i waited so long to make the switch.
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are fantastic. If you sell them. They're worthless to take, though.
    haha -->>TRUTH!
    The herd is always looking for that magic pill that's going to make results happen without the work.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    The OTC "diet pills" which promise to flush fat or remove toxins or whatever are BS.
    Only good for moving money from your pocket to the seller's.

The diet pills which are prescription can be useful, but must be used carefully.
    These are more likely to be appetite suppressants, and if used to help someone get a handle on healthful eating habits, how much is a normal amount, that sort of thing, they can be a godsend.
    AMHIK. Go ahead. No, I'll tell you: BTDT. Phentermine.
    Going from constantly hungry to ... well ... not ... was amazing.
    I could eat a healthy amount, get used to it, get used to a normal feeling of hunger (I haven't eaten for 6 hours & a little something would be welcome).
    And while I was doing that, I was also exercising.
    After a couple months, I only took them if I didn't lose weight from the day before, and it wasn't long before I stopped them completely. Still have some left in fact.
    What didn't come back was the unremitting hunger. Thank whatever deity you believe in.
    Didn't have any other effects from it.

But they're not for long-term use, they're not magic, and some people have bothersome side effects (such as mania, or an "energy boost"), so don't try to sneak them on your own from some discount overseas pharmacy or back-street questionable "doctor" or diet pill mill, or even talk your regular family doc into prescribing them without knowing what they're doing.

51637601.png
  • Chrismadison100
    Chrismadison100 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I use to take them studying for the caffeine and then have a saltine cracker for lunch.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I use to take them studying for the caffeine and then have a saltine cracker for lunch.

An ECA stack would work much better, and is one hell of a lot cheaper.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I would call people lazy for trying diet pills. I think there is so much information out there that appears to be legit when its not. Then you have a legit Dr. of cardiology that has a show and promotes weight loss pills then it must be true (said tongue in cheek). Hell placebo's have been shown in peer reviewed studies to work for all kinds of things. The mind for some folks can be pretty convincing.

• lurline27
    lurline27 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I tell you what has helped me. 2 years ago I was 160 pounds. As of today + 138.8. I started using Garcinia Cambogia but made by Purely Inspired. I tried other brands but this one I found really help curb my appetite but did not give me the Jitters the shakes or anything like that. I did stay on it religiously 2 in the morning before breakfast wait 30 minutes then eat. 2 in the afternoon before lunch then eat but I don't sleep well at night anyways before I started taking this so never at night. Now I've stayed on this for a good 6 or 8 months taking them like I said religiously everyday. After. Of time I found that I didn't need that plate to eat off of. I ate out of a saucer. I didn't even notice it till the day I did. Now I have stopped taking Purely Inspired Garcinia Cambogia for a little while right now but what I have found that it did help me shrink my stomach comma teach me to stop eating when I'm full and not having those extra bites and help me get the pounds off. Like I said I only found Purely Inspired work
  • lurline27
    lurline27 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Phentermine did curb my appetite but it made me so jittery and made me feel like I was going to jump out my skin. What I am using and what I do like is the Garcinia Cambogia but only the one made by Purely Inspired. I tried the other ones but I found this one has really worked for me. It's worked so well for me because my stomach has shrunk and I don't need it so much anymore and I'm not putting on weight. Unless I go into their fried chicken phase again. Haha
  • Geeky_and_Cheeky
    Geeky_and_Cheeky Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I took phen for 6 months & dropped 35lbs by doing nothing. The side effects were awful & I wouldn't take it again. So now I'm busting my butt off to lose the last 20lbs, but didn't gain anything that I lost back.

Took Alli a few years ago. That works because I was afraid to eat. If I ate, I'd have gas & embarrassingly greasy stools. Lol.

Dropped like 20-30lbs with Alli but of course gained it all back after having baby #1. Lost baby weight by taking hydroxycut & went from 167 to 109 before getting pregnant with baby #2. Lost a lot of the baby weight after #2 with phen (184 to 149lbs). I think all 3 helped give me confidence to keep going then hard work paid off. But I won't be taking anymore supplements anymore, too old for that.
  • iManifestGoals
    iManifestGoals Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    There is nothing OTC that works...the same as Starbucks. :D
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've tried every OTC diet pill ever. Nothing works. Even if they did work, what would happen when you stopped taking them? Would you seriously take a diet pill the rest of your life? i feel like it would be easier to do mfp and learn to eat in moderation than to pay for something for the rest of your life.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    There are a number of pills that one could take that will make you lose weight, none of which are legal (D*P, Cl*n, T3). EC is stack is about the only readily available thing that works.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I take ephedrine and caffeine when cutting as it helps with energy and appetite control. I challenge anyone to tell me I'm taking the easy way out, I track everything I eat and I still have to be in a deficit lol it's a tool, like anything else. I don't have a problem with performance enhancing drugs either tbh. If you can drink and smoke I think if you'd like to add extra hormones to your body you should have autonomy over that.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    I take ephedrine and caffeine when cutting as it helps with energy and appetite control. I challenge anyone to tell me I'm taking the easy way out, I track everything I eat and I still have to be in a deficit lol it's a tool, like anything else. I don't have a problem with performance enhancing drugs either tbh. If you can drink and smoke I think if you'd like to add extra hormones to your body you should have autonomy over that.

Preaching to the choir here mate. I'm all for SARMS, Clen, Dbol, DMAA, Ephedera, etc. I'd posit the argument that those who don't enhance are looking for excuses to make for why they suck at any given thing.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options

Preaching to the choir here mate. I'm all for SARMS, Clen, Dbol, DMAA, Ephedera, etc. I'd posit the argument that those who don't enhance are looking for excuses to make for why they suck at any given thing.

Agreed. They hold onto that natty card as the ultimate excuse for a *kitten* physique as if enhancing just means you get to sit on your *kitten* and make gains LOL peasants

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Agreed. They hold onto that natty card as the ultimate excuse for a *kitten* physique as if enhancing just means you get to sit on your *kitten* and make gains LOL peasants

Who's they? :huh: