20 pounds in 1 month

Options
2»

Replies

• EarthzAngel
    EarthzAngel Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Soapstone wrote: »
    Do keto and work out. I lost 15 lb in two weeks back in May on keto before I stopped doing it. I was 50 lb overweight at the time, so I had a significant amount to lose, but nothing crazy that would make me lose so fast-A lot of it is water weight but that's okay if you just need to pass a weigh in. Eat high fat, normal protein, and near zero carb, (sub-20g )and you'll lose it. Good luck.

ETA: I was at a normal, 500 cal deficit, not even working out, and lost 15. The key for you will be to cut that water weight, and eating carbs makes you retain water. You aren't going to harm yourself doing keto for a month; I know people who have eaten keto for years and are happy, healthy people.

What is Keto??
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How much did you lose OP?
  • EarthzAngel
    EarthzAngel Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    To everyone of this board:

I passed my tapes for the navy !

But I am still working towards my goal. Definitely not going to get comfortable. So keep the tips rolling ! :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    SailorJam wrote: »
    Soapstone wrote: »
    Do keto and work out. I lost 15 lb in two weeks back in May on keto before I stopped doing it. I was 50 lb overweight at the time, so I had a significant amount to lose, but nothing crazy that would make me lose so fast-A lot of it is water weight but that's okay if you just need to pass a weigh in. Eat high fat, normal protein, and near zero carb, (sub-20g )and you'll lose it. Good luck.

ETA: I was at a normal, 500 cal deficit, not even working out, and lost 15. The key for you will be to cut that water weight, and eating carbs makes you retain water. You aren't going to harm yourself doing keto for a month; I know people who have eaten keto for years and are happy, healthy people.

What is Keto??

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113086-ketogenic-diet-food-exchange-board

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/109848-ketodiet-support-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113681-ketopia-keto-diet-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113857-keto-thrivers-ketogenic-support-group
  • Sillybee727
    Sillybee727 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    To everyone of this board:

I passed my tapes for the navy !

But I am still working towards my goal. Definitely not going to get comfortable. So keep the tips rolling ! :)

Congratulations.
    Just curious what "tapes" means?
  • titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    How did you do it?
  • VT802VT
    VT802VT Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 20 pounds in 1 month
    Do you all think that's possible ? lol
    I say need because I'm in the navy and I have a time limit.
    I only have half a thyroid
    And I have been keeping track of everything since I got back home from deployment.
    Any suggestions for work outs ? :)

Its very possible. You can do a fast, water or fresh fruit and vegetable juice. I'm on my 6th day of drinking vegetable/fruit(Fresh) and I have lost about 1-1.5 pounds a day. I only drink 12 ounces a day so i dont feel like crap like you would on a water fast, and usually make it last most of the day, while for the rest of the time i just drink water. Its quick and pretty easy as long as you have good self control.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    VT802VT wrote: »
    I need to lose 20 pounds in 1 month
    Do you all think that's possible ? lol
    I say need because I'm in the navy and I have a time limit.
    I only have half a thyroid
    And I have been keeping track of everything since I got back home from deployment.
    Any suggestions for work outs ? :)

Its very possible. You can do a fast, water or fresh fruit and vegetable juice. I'm on my 6th day of drinking vegetable/fruit(Fresh) and I have lost about 1-1.5 pounds a day. I only drink 12 ounces a day so i dont feel like crap like you would on a water fast, and usually make it last most of the day, while for the rest of the time i just drink water. Its quick and pretty easy as long as you have good self control.

congratulations on your water and muscle loss malnutrition plan.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!