Ate a fresh raw vegetable today?

Options
123457»

Replies

• JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    So far I've had chia seeds and banana. For late lunch I'm thinking lettuce, tomato, avo, cucumber, capsicum, myoga (kinda herb thing) and zucchini maybe. Plus some cooked sweet potato.

Dinner isn't planned yet so we'll see! At least a small salad and grilled zucchini.
  • Aola23
    Aola23 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, spinach, mixed leaves, potatoes, avocado!
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies today: cabbage, carrots, celery, tomatoes, lettuce, red pepper....fairly typical day.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    A can of collards for today. Anybody else really enjoy your vegetables?
    I do. I can't stand greens like that raw. Raw mustard greens in particular were so bad, I threw them out.

Thanks to cooking however, I've been enjoying them a lot more recently. My current lunch blend actually has some mustard greens.

I do miss the taste of raw carrots.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Today I'm having a banana, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a nectarine. I may have zucchini later, too, but haven't decided yet.
  • nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: blueberries and blackberries picked last night. (Yum)
    Lunch: Salad of mixed greens (spinach, romaine, baby kale), tomatoes, cucumber, red cabbage, shredded carrot; Snacks will be sugar snap peas, red sweet pepper, carrots.
    Dinner will be (not quite raw but cooked to the point of being just scared) pan-roasted cauliflower with garlic and white wine and stir-fried fresh green beans with garlic, olive oil, and fresh lime juice.

Might throw in a peach, since they're in season.

Typical day for me.
  • JayWillisBBA_AATCIS_BA_AAMath
    Options
    Missed my vegetables for the last few days. But bought a 12-pack of low-fat single-serving yogurt. And bought two canisters of casein protein powder. Maybe I can get the vegetables down, while tail-gating off the other two good foods. One thing builds from the previous.
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I do. [...] Raw mustard greens in particular were so bad, I threw them out.

Thanks to cooking however, I've been enjoying them a lot more recently.[...]

They really ARE pretty bad. I just kinda hold my nose. I just force feed myself the greens. It's the adult thing of vegetables before desserts. Sometimes I win and get those veggies down as a personal victory.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Fresh, raw baby carrots for me!
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Veggie wise, I've had carrot, cucumber, cabbage, lettuce and tomato raw, but loads more cooked!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Does an apple count? Because... my lunch sucked today. I was in such a rush I was lucky I got what I did! Seasoned chicken, instant oatmeal and an apple. I almost bought bean from the farmers market... but didn't want to fork out $4.50 for beans.

BUT YESTERDAY oh veggies galore. Whole head of lettuce, 120 grams of mushrooms, 30 grams of onions. All in one sitting hahah. Plus carrots at lunch. And my daily apple.
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I got my vegetables for today. I supplemented them with some Welch's grape jam, so I could get them down. Yes, it counts. y49psy4n410i.jpg
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Does an apple count? Because... my lunch sucked today. I was in such a rush I was lucky I got what I did! Seasoned chicken, instant oatmeal and an apple. I almost bought bean from the farmers market... but didn't want to fork out $4.50 for beans.

BUT YESTERDAY oh veggies galore. Whole head of lettuce, 120 grams of mushrooms, 30 grams of onions. All in one sitting hahah. Plus carrots at lunch. And my daily apple.

Apple for me, too. And there was spinach in my sausage, so that totally counts. Frozen strawberries to have with my yogurt - and may I just say that if there's anyone who hasn't tried sheep's milk yogurt plain ... don't. I love the stuff once it's sweetened a bit, but plain it really tastes like sheep smell. And yes, I've worked with sheep so I have personal experience of their aroma.

Now tonight, I'm thinking Brussels sprouts, and I have some Cherub tomatoes that I ought to polish off or they'll probably spoil.
    Options
    A can of spinach.
    edited September 2016
    Options
    0zay91ssjwew.jpg
    One whole raw fresh delicious avocado. Two whole raw fresh delicious cucumbers. One whole raw fresh delicious Granny Smith apple. Please view my food diary entry for 9.Sep.2016, Friday.
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Two whole raw fresh cucumbers.
    One whole raw fresh avocado.
    Two whole raw fresh green bell peppers.
    Mmm. Tasty, quick, inexpensive and healthy. And they are filling too.
    ihatby8xd38p.jpg
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Whole raw fresh cucumbers, avocado, and green bell peppers.
    Mmm. Tasty, quick, inexpensive and healthy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7zO3JVL9pA
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Cucumber, baby romaine and kale, red pepper.
  • babicak3z
    babicak3z Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    fresh spinach kale carrots cucumbers bell peppers with hummus love it tomato. dinner ill be grilling some broccoli and a recipe i seen for grilling lettuce head i personally eat spinach and kale and leave the romaine in the produce section but I'm curious about this recipe. #vegetarian
  • babicak3z
    babicak3z Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I love my vegetables. They're all cooked. It's tasty and much nicer for my TMJ.
    you should bake them and coat them with some coconut oil too delicious and i always eat the skin for more nutrition thats one of my go to lunch items i bake a few and store them in the fridge every week.
    I had some carrots, broccoli, and romaine lettuce with my English muffin this morning. I've got a mixture of mushrooms, bok choy, cucumbers, and sweet potatoes for lunch. They're cooked in butter, a nice way to get some much needed extra fat in, and some Ms. Dash. The banana I'm eating with it is raw.

Dinner is Subway, I guess the veggies I put on that would be raw.