• ChloeTheHealthyPunk
    ChloeTheHealthyPunk Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    :)
  • cookiekaw
    cookiekaw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also try to eat real food vs protein bars but I do love Oh Yeah Birthday Cake bars when I need them! Unfortunately my hubby now seems to like them and they mysteriously disappear much faster!!! =(
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    For those on a budget: http://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature™-Protein-Bar-Chocolate-Brownie-%26-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Dough-2--Pack-20-Count.product.100296106.html

They're like a slightly inferior Quest bar, butt if you nuke them they're fine.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    jeichelb83 wrote: »
    For those on a budget: http://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature™-Protein-Bar-Chocolate-Brownie-%26-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Dough-2--Pack-20-Count.product.100296106.html

If you can actually physically visit a Costco versus buying them online you can buy single boxes of 20 for only $17.99 which would save you $10.01 from what they want for the 40 online.
  • RayRobinson18
    RayRobinson18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make my own no-bake protein bars - you know what is in them and can add what you like...search the web and get creative. I found some on bodybuilding.com that are good.
  • jgwriternyc
    jgwriternyc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    After eating Quest bars for 2 years I grew very tired of them, but when I did put them in the microwave it was for only 5 - 10 seconds.

My favorite choices now are in this order: Oh Yeah! Protein Bars... I love all the flavors, then Fitjoy (they have nuts and great texture, and Protein Plus.... the chocolate coconut is delicious!

I never had a problem eating them before bedtime which I usually eat 1/2 as watching TV just before bed.

In addition, I make Protein Muffins for my morning "carb" craving..... if you google "Lemon Raspberry Protein Muffin" and sometimes I leave the raspberry out and add: poppy seeds, or blueberries....
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    ugh i miss original formula quest the new ones are so bad :'(
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

If you can actually physically visit a Costco versus buying them online you can buy single boxes of 20 for only $17.99 which would save you $10.01 from what they want for the 40 online.

Unfortunately that's not an option for me. There's no Cosco in my area.
  • Crash7676
    Crash7676 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Favorite Quest bars: Cookies & Cream, Mint Chocolate Chip. My other very tasty go-to is Lenny & Larry's Complete Cookie Double Chocolate, but only eat 1/2 cookie at a time. Don't worry, that's easy, as they are satisfying.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

not feasible for me. no costco even close by. the nearest one is in PA and not to mention you have to be a member right?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

Unfortunately that's not an option for me. There's no Cosco in my area.

no costco in my whole state so I know how you feel.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I make my own no-bake protein bars - you know what is in them and can add what you like...search the web and get creative. I found some on bodybuilding.com that are good.

I have tried that but they dont taste as good or they dont stay together. I want to make some will pysslium husk powder for added fiber but can find any recipes online and the ones I do find online(without the psyllium husk) says to put other ingredients in them that none of the stores in my area carry,or to use their product.
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    Options

I have tried that but they dont taste as good or they dont stay together. I want to make some will pysslium husk powder for added fiber but can find any recipes online and the ones I do find online(without the psyllium husk) says to put other ingredients in them that none of the stores in my area carry,or to use their product.

I would like to make my own too. I am sensitive to artificial sweeteners and often get migraines or gi upset.
  • tamyena
    tamyena Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't usually eat protein bars, but, I do try to keep Musclepharm - Combat Crunch Chocolate Cake bars on hand. There are a few different flavors and all are delicious. This is a great chewy bar with 20 gm of Protein and only 5 gm of sugar, which is really good. It takes away all that candy bar cravings and chocolate cravings for me, too.
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I love Quest Bars. I can not have chocolate so I eat Banana Nut and Coconut Cashew.
    I do not heat them up, even on a hot day they can get gooey- I'll keep them in my day cooler when it's that warm
    I order them on BodyBuilding.com in Bulk
    I trust the product- They are great for commuting/driving/flying, meetings, times when you snack between meals but don't access or the ability to eat something like yogurt or other things that take up your hands or are inconvenient.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    savant naturals are INCREDIBLE!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I copied this from a post on here, I haven't tried them yet but they sound good. The quantities are a bit unclear, but wouldn't be hard to tweak.

" in sauce pan combine 1/2 cup preferred milk & 8 tblsp peanut butter & 1 tblsp+ honey. Warm up on low heat to melt & add cinnamon & 1 1/2 cups protein powder of choice (vanilla or chocolate peanut butter are great). Add uncooked oats & mix. Place in waxed 9x9 or other pan & pat firmly & freeze for 20 minutes. Then cut and pre-package servings. Calories and fat can be determined by you by adding any extras such as a handful of raisins & or top with a sprinkle of choc. chips or coconut or dried fruit/nuts/flax seed/chia seeds etc. Options are endless!"
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I get my Quest bars from the Complete Nutrition store. I do the program where they take $11 every month and match it with $11 from them and it carries over every month. I'm not into supplements so it wouldn't be worth it otherwise, but since I buy quest bars all the time, they really end up being buy one get one free. I won't use the dollars for awhile, then every now and then I go in the store and have a ton of dollars that have been building and so I just buy my quest bars with that and it's pretty good savings.
  • hillaryjess
    hillaryjess Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Interested in your favorite go-to recipe for this. I tried to make my own birthday cake protein bars which were met with mixed feelings.
  • hillaryjess
    hillaryjess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    leaninsc wrote: »
    I get my Quest bars from the Complete Nutrition store. I do the program where they take $11 every month and match it with $11 from them and it carries over every month. I'm not into supplements so it wouldn't be worth it otherwise, but since I buy quest bars all the time, they really end up being buy one get one free. I won't use the dollars for awhile, then every now and then I go in the store and have a ton of dollars that have been building and so I just buy my quest bars with that and it's pretty good savings.

I've only been going to my local Complete for a couple months now--mostly for bars--but wasn't aware of this program. Do you happen to know if this is specific to your local store at all? This would make the protein bar review process (which I'm debating on starting my blog here to just review bars and other supps) waaaayyy more cost-efficient.