Weird Food Combinations - What are your favourites?

I personally am a fan of:
  • Carrot sticks with mustard for dipping
  • Dry Curd Cottage Cheese mixed with Canned Tuna and a small amount of olive oil
  • Half-Loaf, which is what I call meatloaf made with 50% vegetables by weight, served in slices and wrapped in lettuce
  • Rosemary and Eggs: sounds weird, but OMG I started doing this recently and it is amazing

Replies

• geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    My husband shudders when I stir a cup of yogurt into my oatmeal.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    I tried tuna and peanut butter for the first time yesterday. It was better than I expected and if I upped the PB content a little more could be quite nice.

I had a salmon, spring onion (scallions) and porridge (oatmeal) meal once. That was very good.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    I tried tuna and peanut butter for the first time yesterday. It was better than I expected and if I upped the PB content a little more could be quite nice.

I had a salmon, spring onion (scallions) and porridge (oatmeal) meal once. That was very good.

Tuna and PB&J for me too, although I just eat the tuna out of the can.

• salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Cheddar cheese and coffee.
  • MaGrl523
    MaGrl523 Posts: 101 Member
    In college, the cafe used to slice the left over bagels up and make bagel chips. Sometimes the blueberry bagels touched the garlic ones and it was sooooooo good. Garlic and blueberry. I miss those bagel chips.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    I used to dip my potato chips in cool whip. Something about the salt and sweet made it amazing!
  • mdonsbach
    mdonsbach Posts: 102 Member
    Some people seem to think I'm odd to eat a peanut butter sandwich with my chili.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Cottage cheese and potato chips.
    Peanut butter in everything.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    eggs with old bay
    bologna and cream cheese
    vienna sausages and peanut butter
    pork rinds and cream cheese
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    I used to dip my potato chips in cool whip. Something about the salt and sweet made it amazing!

That doesn't sound weird; it sounds like a great idea! :smiley:

• LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Peanut butter and sriracha.
  • blk0110k
    blk0110k Posts: 39 Member
    a slice of american cheese then a slice of tomato then a slice of american cheese... take a bite then take a mouthfull of coffee......mmmmm
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    I love to dip meats, particularly summer sausage, in yogurt.
  • hillaryjess
    hillaryjess Posts: 39 Member
    Peanut butter and sriracha.
    YES! But I'll see you and raise you--peanut butter & sriracha BURGER. The little cafe that used to sell these locally went out of business, and man do I miss it!
  • hillaryjess
    hillaryjess Posts: 39 Member
    This sounds marginally more healthy than my cheat go-to of fries dipped in a Wendy's frosty! I'm definitely giving this a shot!
  • LoraMartyn
    LoraMartyn Posts: 41 Member
    scoop cold pork and beans with chips
    Spaghetti with a pickle on the side
  • Russandol
    Russandol Posts: 71 Member
    Gingerbread (the Nordic kind) with blue cheese and fig jam. But only as a very occasional treat because it's OMGALLTHECALORIES.
    Russian pickles with smetana and honey.
  • browneyes1520
    browneyes1520 Posts: 94 Member
    Peanut butter and olive sandwiches!
    Chips on meat sandwiches.
    Fries dipped in milkshakes
    Molasses on stew
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Saltines with marshmallow fluff.