Pet Peeves!

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    total_e wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    My pet peeve is when people say high when they mean drunk.

IKR!?! (my bad)

IKR = Instant Kahn Replicator?

lg74sy068iwc.jpg
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    Mostly when I am riding my motorcycle and someone just pulls out in front of me like I am not there. That thing doesn't stop on a dime! "I didn't see you" does very little when you could have killed me. Open your damn eyes. If you can't see a motorcycle, your eyesight isn't good enough to be driving at all. So stay your *kitten* at home or get someone to drive you. Actually had to lay it down and still clipped someones bumper a few weeks ago, and took nearly a month to get the money from her insurance. I swear, one day I will lose it and just beat the hell out of someone for that *kitten*, assuming I'm not overly injured in the accident.

It will stop on a dime when it hits the car wont it? I agree 100% though . I watched a man get killed on the highway when I lived in NJ in my early 20's. I was working at a car dealership and I got a front seat to the catastrophe when the car pulled out right in front of him and he was going about 60 he flipped over the car hit the ground and basically bled out from under his helmet. I assume he cracked his skull. I wasn't about to pull his helmet off to find out even though someone in the crowd suggested I do. That image haunted me for a great while. I read later in the paper he was 54 with 3 kids...what a shame. Mind you this was before the cell phone and texting era. This was a simple forgot to look twice situation id assume.

Pretty much the reason I'll never get on a motorcycle. My dad was a firefighter and has way too many similar stories.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    mjaykup wrote: »
    Swiper....like wtf dude? Leave that poor child and her monkey alone!

Which reminds me....animals in clothing? Just...stop...it

Have you ever watched Border Patrol? They busted a guy in an animal costume....JUST AS BAD!

No i dont watch it but WOW. He must be a hard core furry

Yup, that's what he was, and proud of it! I couldn't remember the term they used, but that was it: Furry

Weirdo
  • pbandwine
    pbandwine Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Close talkers and tailgaters. Personal *kitten* space people!
  • Fit4LifeGal79
    Fit4LifeGal79 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Asking me to do something last minute.
    People in line at the register who make the cashier ring up every item they have for the price and then decide not to buy half of it
  • RhapsodyWinters
    RhapsodyWinters Posts: 128 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I work in an office where they are at LEAST twice my age, and....one of them really REALLY doesn't know computer stuff. Well, any time her program is slow, she asks "Is anyone else's computer slow?"

I want to wring her neck!! The program being slow is tied to your computer, and your computer alone!! If you were asking if our websites were slow, then yes it could affect everyone else. Otherwise, just restart your darn computer!

EDIT: For clarification, she's the only person who has access to that program, so it can't be her asking if the coding is wrong with 'everyone's' program.
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I work in an office where they are at LEAST twice my age, and....one of them really REALLY doesn't know computer stuff. Well, any time her program is slow, she asks "Is anyone else's computer slow?"

I want to wring her neck!! The program being slow is tied to your computer, and your computer alone!! If you were asking if our websites were slow, then yes it could affect everyone else. Otherwise, just restart your darn computer!

EDIT: For clarification, she's the only person who has access to that program, so it can't be her asking if the coding is wrong with 'everyone's' program.

HaHa :D My dad thought the internet was a place you went into. He asked me one day where this internet place was everyone was always talking about. Say what?!
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    grace173 wrote: »
    Mostly when I am riding my motorcycle and someone just pulls out in front of me like I am not there. That thing doesn't stop on a dime! "I didn't see you" does very little when you could have killed me. Open your damn eyes. If you can't see a motorcycle, your eyesight isn't good enough to be driving at all. So stay your *kitten* at home or get someone to drive you. Actually had to lay it down and still clipped someones bumper a few weeks ago, and took nearly a month to get the money from her insurance. I swear, one day I will lose it and just beat the hell out of someone for that *kitten*, assuming I'm not overly injured in the accident.

I live in Ireland. I lived in Arizona for a few years. Can I give you my opinion on your post? Well, it's not really an opinion, more of an observation really. So my dad is 86 and cannot drive. He can walk to the nearest shop for milk and his paper and a few small items. If he needs to go anywhere else he phones me and I bring him BUT when I lived in the US, I met a lot of people that did not have the luxury of being able to walk to the shop for milk etc as their nearest shop was maybe 3k away. Their kids went away to college and are not local to them to drive them to the shop. So what do you expect these people to do? I may not be from a fancy place and may not live a life of luxury but we have set out the infrastructure for society for when it ages. I could not believe the lack of old people when I lived in the States. Where do they all go? Obviously the people that can afford it go to elderly communities but where do the others go? Oh I know. They stay at home and keep driving so they can still live....oh and drive out in front of people like your good self. Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to give an outsider view.

Great post. When American elders can no longer drive safely or they can't afford to keep the car running they're screwed. Millions of elders get caught in this trap. If they don't have anyone to deliver them food & medicine on an almost daily basis and drive them to medical appointments and they can't afford the luxury of an assisted living facility - they get herded into nursing homes. A lot of elders don't really need to be in nursing homes. It's poverty and social isolation that puts them there. I work in nursing homes.

I was raised by grandparents and saw this happen after staving it off as long as I could. I did everything in my power to prevent it, but it was out of my hands at a certain point.

After that, I made the decision in my 30s to NEVER live anywhere where there wasn't a frequently running bus or train within one block of my home. And grocery stores, banks, etc. within walking distance to my home. It means I have to live in neighborhoods which, um, aren't terribly sought after. But I will NEVER be dependent on owning a car, ever, even though I currently have one. When I don't, I'll still be okay.

It really is a sad situation for American elders.

Thank you. I'm sorry about your grandparents. I wasn't trying to say that we do things better here. Nowhere is perfect. Sometimes the elderly people don't want help either. My own father is so stubborn sometimes when it comes to help. He has had a carer offered to him which he refuses. I brought him to a social club for the elderly, where they pick you up and drop you home after which I thought he would enjoy. He told me they were all too old for him at it. He's 86! Well, what are you gonna do?
  • TequilaTrials
    TequilaTrials Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can't stand when people chew with their mouths open. I picture myself removing a shoe and tossing it at their face... drives me insane. It's "ignorant" hahahaha!
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    People who spit in front of me... especially if it's where people are walking! It grosses me out soo much.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,931 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @UncleMac for waiting over 24 hours, to update his; "Calvin and Hobbes" thread! :angry:
    Sorry about that... I got busy!! Updating will be added momentarily!!

c9724cff1b34bf3e611596ff2dba7de8.jpg
  • amcalmond768
    amcalmond768 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    When people dont press "clear" on the microwave and its just sitting there at 0:02

Omg!!! That bothers me so much!!! How hard is it to hit the damn button???