I think I'm a lesbian

Options

Replies

• wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    OK, quick questions. At what point are you not bisexual if you're attracted to guys and girls? So, if OP has always been with guys but have always found girls attractive, is she bisexual or is she lesbian? Do you get to classify yourself as lesbian if you've been with guys? The whole classification thing is so confusing. Does OP have to choose and does anyone else have the ability to classify someone else's choice of partners or is that wholly up to the chooser?
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    What's with all the 'am I a lesbian?' threads today? The only way to know is to sleep with another woman and see if you like it. Asking people on a calorie counting site is not going to give you any answers.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    OK, quick questions. At what point are you not bisexual if you're attracted to guys and girls? So, if OP has always been with guys but have always found girls attractive, is she bisexual or is she lesbian? Do you get to classify yourself as lesbian if you've been with guys? The whole classification thing is so confusing. Does OP have to choose and does anyone else have the ability to classify someone else's choice of partners or is that wholly up to the chooser?

If a person dates the opposite gender because they were afraid to admit they are gay. It happens a lot. Especially growing up in a family that is very religious and considers it a sin. They can date the opposite gender and then admit they are gay. We don't know how old the OP even is (if they are not a troll). Op could be 20, or any other age. If she said, I forgot and didn't check. Sexual orientation is on a spectrum. Some people are all straight, some are completely gay, some are right in the middle bisexual. Others are predominantly one of the three, but also sometimes find the other gender sexually attractive. But, they only want to be in actual relationships and/or marry their preferred gender. So, they can prefer women and want to be in relationship with women, but can still find men attractive at times. They just prefer women and find it more satisfying sexually and emotionally. Same for a person that prefers men, but is sexually attracted to women. They might prefer to be in a relationship with a man, but sometimes enjoy having sex with women. It happens all the time. And sexuality can be fluid for some people and change throughout life (for people that fall somewhere on the bisexual spectrum). This is especially true for women. According to the science. Women tend to shift and change and explore and become interested in new things sexually all through their lives. Not just orientation, but just things they enjoy sexually. Men tend to be more fixed in what they really like and continue to really like that throughout their lives. That's just how it tends to be. But, not how it always is. I studied sexuality.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Anabela90 wrote: »
    So u telling me that I have to write my real name on a paper

No..they're saying write something agreed upon here, now on a piece of paper, and take a pic of you holding that statement, pic, whatever...like "I love MFP!"....easy...and hold that up....that way it shows it's you in the picture.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    As long I can I remember I've been attracted to women yet I don't know how to approach a women or where to begin looking for another lesbian women any advice

I would go to a gay bar and chat up a lady that you find attractive. Not sure what type of women you are interested in. Do you have any friends who are lesbian or gay?
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Anabela90 wrote: »
    j1cgavw6jjda.jpg

:) Great!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    My mates knew they were always lesbians or bisexual.

Some people deny it personally becuase of cultural stigma and retribution in their early years to conform but become more comfortable with the idea/realization as they are more confident and self-aware.

Happens all the time.

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Yep. We're all good now.