Fruit is using up all my calories!

Options
124»

Replies

• justsarah
    justsarah Posts: 17
    Options
    I've heard the WW "fruit = zero pts" several times on this thread. At my WW meeting last week, the leader reminded everyone that, although they are zero points, you need to determine how many servings your body will allow to keep them zero points. Her example was that she could have two or three servings of fruit, but after that it started working against her.

Just thought I'd throw that out there, and hope that helps someone. :)
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go against the grain and say eat the fruit. In fact, I would maybe not log the fruit and see if it's truly something else that's causing you to go over. The new Weight Watchers plan actually counts all fruits as 0 points. Yes, fruit has calories, but the calories are calculated before they go into your body. All calories don't metabolize the same. I think its pretty hard to gain weight if the majority of your food is fruits and vegetables.

I agree with you to a point, but I know from my experience that I lose weight better when I limit sugar in my diet, even from natural sources like fruit. So for me, that means only a couple of pieces a day. I snack on veggies and other things.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Your "diet" should be sustainable.

Yeah, thanks. I have adjusted the profile so I can have 1500 calories which, with exercise, seems about right. I'll see how it goes and fine tune in a week or two if things start going awry.

I've cut out all crisps, chocolate/sweets and booze, so those alone must make some difference! I calculated about 1300 calories a day on my intake on those alone ;-)

cheers
    tev

Were you eating that, then worried about fruit putting you over? Seriously?
  • tevez032
    tevez032 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Were you eating that, then worried about fruit putting you over? Seriously?
    [/quote]

No, that is what I was eating before I started the program.

cheers
    tev