What about Speedos

HealthIsMyHobby
HealthIsMyHobby Posts: 85 Member
edited September 29 in Chit-Chat
When many women lose weight and get fit they celebrate being able to show it off in a bikini. If guys put in the effort to get to a healthy weight and exercise to get toned, shouldn't they also be allowed to show it off?

Speedos are practical for (you guessed it) swimming, comfortable, dry fast, and leave a nice tan line. The knock on them for being unsightly (esp. on fat hairy guys) or gay is bogus. Fat hairy people are unhealthy and unpleasant to look at in Speedos OR shorts. Flat fit abs are hot in Speedos AND shorts. They are popular among gay guys, but plenty of straight guys also like them. Some women/girls don't like to see the outline of a guys package, but some dig it. So, I say live and let live; look or look away; to each his/her own.

Reactions (esp. encouragements) appreciated.

Replies

• cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    I'd love to see a hot guy in speedos!! especially if i was feeling equally hot in my bikini!!!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    LOL, it will be years if not decades before I'll be able to pull that off. I'm a big guy, I have very nice toned calves and get compliments when I wear my cargo shorts. NEVER without a shirt though. I am doing society a favor and stay covered up for the foreseeable future. Good post.
  • delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    I say yes to speedo's! As a former competitive swimmer I am very fond of speedo's. I mean what is not to like as you said about a fit tanned guy in speedo's. That was one of my favorite parts about swim meets & water polo games when I used to compete. LOL

So as far as I am concerned if you want to get fit and were your speedo's more power to you! I will be one of the ladies at the pool checking you out ;)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Mine are neon green with black racing stripes.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    My only comment to this would be...God no:noway:
  • Why not? :)
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Speedos on a fit man ( not necessarily extremely buff) is sexy. It's the "Other" men that ruin it for everyone else. Even when you try to look away the image is burnt into your brain from the brief glance.
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Even on a guy who is in amazing shape I'd say.... no. I don't know... that's just me. A nicely-built guy in a pair of board shorts... now that's hot!
  • TheTeeWhy
    TheTeeWhy Posts: 186
    I think even if I was in sick shape, I would never rock one of those, unless I was required to like I was a wrestler or some ****
  • bethanyranes
    bethanyranes Posts: 44 Member
    I was a competitive swimmer/water polo player for 5 years in school. I've seen so many dudes in Speedos, I don't even bat an eyelash at them these days. If you are a swimmer, or you just want to rock the banana hammock, I say go for it!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Oh man! What ABOUT Speedos? :sick:
    My friend plays water polo and he has to wear them... I can't unsee the things I've seen.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    I'm so glad to read all of these responses from women in the negative toward speedos :p It's just ... my God, no.

Go back to the beaches of Europe! :p
  • I'd love to see a hot guy in speedos!! especially if i was feeling equally hot in my bikini!!!

MMmmmmm.....me tooo
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    I will spare the world the sight of me in a grape smuggler.
  • cbs1974
    cbs1974 Posts: 98 Member
    speedos where i come from are associated with gay men !!
    its usually bermuda short style!!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    I swam competitively for 8 years and wore them well.....and my day will come again. I will wait until I can pull it off though.....and do the necessary shaving. :-)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Even Ronaldo doesn't look good in Speedos. They're not called "budgie smugglers" for nothing!
  • srb1990
    srb1990 Posts: 37
    Even on a guy who is in amazing shape I'd say.... no. I don't know... that's just me. A nicely-built guy in a pair of board shorts... now that's hot!

i completely agree, no matter how hot you are they just dont do justice or look like your trying too hard. Reminds me of when i was on holiday and there was this really toned woman and man (must have been bf and gf) in matching bathing suits, her in the tiniest bikini and him in the smallest speedos...actually made me feel sick lol
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    I wear my banana-hammock now, what's wrong with that?
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    not even Beckham and Pitt should wear them, they look about as wank as it's possible to look without wearing a borat style mankini...yuk and yuk
This discussion has been closed.