Scariest Movie Ever

Options

Replies

• denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Not really a movie but a fantastic TV mini-series: Dead Set. It's made by the same fellow that does Black Mirror, some of the best, scariest TV around, Charlie Brooker.

I LOVE Black Mirror. More episodes coming in October.
  • CathyFullan150
    CathyFullan150 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I adore horror movies. I'll watch them in the movies, on my TV, on my tablet, on my phone... Love, love, love them!! The one film though that made me jump up and turn on the lights was The Woman in Black with Danielle Radcliffe. So scary... I also really liked the original Purge movie. Not so much the sequels, but the original was such a unique concept and it kept me on the edge of my seat.
  • CathyFullan150
    CathyFullan150 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love all the original Halloween movies...minus the third one. I watch them every year. I haven't seen Rob Zombies version yet....I know shame on me!

I completely agree with you re: the 3rd Halloween movie. That theme song? So annoying! My advice to you is don't watch the Rob Zombie versions of Halloween. I didn't care for them at all. I'll take the ones from the 70's and 80s over the remakes all day any day!
  • _BrewingAZ_
    _BrewingAZ_ Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    The Notebook.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Candy Man
    Insidious 3
    Mirrors
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    a movie i saw when i was about 8 called The Paperhouse. terrified me
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love all the original Halloween movies...minus the third one. I watch them every year. I haven't seen Rob Zombies version yet....I know shame on me!

I completely agree with you re: the 3rd Halloween movie. That theme song? So annoying! My advice to you is don't watch the Rob Zombie versions of Halloween. I didn't care for them at all. I'll take the ones from the 70's and 80s over the remakes all day any day!

I didn't mind the Rob Zombie one so much. I think you just have to look at it as a different version, instead of remake.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Joyride. AAAUUUGGGGHHHH!!!
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have a creep through this thread later for some movie ideas for this coming weekend!!!
    Need to make a list of some good ones to watch with friends!! :D
  • sw33tp3a_1
    sw33tp3a_1 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    The conjuring for me. I can't see that movie alone.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I love scary movies!
    When I was young the original Nightmare on Elm Street and Hellraiser made me not want to sleep for days. As an adult, I'm not scared by much but The Strangers, Babadook and The Descent freaked me out.
    However, I'd still choose The Exorcist as the scariest movie of all time.

Some great indie horror/thriller movies I've recently watched, thank you Netflix :smile: , are;

*Coherence
    *Hush
    *Awakening
    *Creep
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Oh snap! Guy at work just mentioned Guillermo del Toro which reminded me of Pan's Labrynth (amaaaaazing!!) and The Devil's Backbone (pretty amazing if you don't mind subtitles)
  • Coffeebeenz
    Coffeebeenz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Oh snap! Guy at work just mentioned Guillermo del Toro which reminded me of Pan's Labrynth (amaaaaazing!!) and The Devil's Backbone (pretty amazing if you don't mind subtitles)

And The Orphanage. Booga booga
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Aliens scared me as a kid.
    16%2B-%2B1

• Alienique
    Alienique Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The Ring is the movie that initiated me into the horror genre. I love horror now, but the first time I watched The Ring, 7-year-old me had sleep troubles and a bit of phone-phobia for a week. No other movie since has managed to scare me sleepless like that one did. Good times.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Session 9
    The Descent
    Dagon
    Time Crimes
    From Beyond
    The Thing (1982)

Session 9 tho!!! (And The Descent is my favorite of all time. Not my "most scary,"... but my #1 fav horror movie.)

Session 9!
    It just creeps up on you. *shudder*

Babadook I liked - I call my dog the babadook now.

House of a thousand corpses I like as an homage to the Texas chainsaw massacre, which is the best horror movie ever- the original at least, but I own every version ever made.
  • sw33tp3a_1
    sw33tp3a_1 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Last Shift was scary to me too