Weird Food Combinations - What are your favourites?

12346»

Replies

• 2kellymike
    2kellymike Posts: 72 Member
    Yes, yes, YES! to the peanut butter on garlic bread! I thought my family was the only one who did that! Oh, so good.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Eggs with mustard- love it!
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    My daughter's favorite lunch for me to pack for her is shredded brussel sprouts with lemon juice and bacon, plain greek yogurt with homemade tortilla chips, and a date or two for dessert. She likes to dip the dates in the remaining yogurt after dipping the tortilla chips in. She's 4.
    In our house, every time I make chili, we have to have cinnamon rolls and I like to dip the pastry in. We also have grilled cheddar and blueberry sandwiches, olive and cream cheese sandwiches, and peanut butter banana and bacon sandwiches.
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    I don't know why I came here because I have a bit of a phobia of foods touching that I don't think match :neutral: PB and tuna really did it for me.. wahhhhhh
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    edited September 2016
    Chew some pretzels a few times then take a mouthful of Coke.
    Sweet potato fries dipped in mayo
    Mac and cheese with tuna
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Mine's not too strange--French fries dipped in mashed potatoes and gravy. But my husband used to put Cheetos in his yogurt, and ate bowls of corn flakes in OJ (instead of milk)---ick!

When I was a kid my mom and my sisters and I used to devour biscuits dipped in a margarine/Karo syrup mixture. It was so awesome back then, but I had it later as an adult and, meh. I also don't do margarine anymore anyway. A great family memory, though!
  • lightenup2016
    In the stores lately I've seen Greek yogurt with savory mix-ins. Sounds gross to me--has anyone tried them?
  • lightenup2016
    Breakfast sausage dipped in real maple syrup...yum!
  • lightenup2016
    edited September 2016

I'll venture to say that almost NONE of these sound good--aaaack! I almost lost my lunch at pb with velveeta, and spaghetti and ranch. There are some adventurous folks out there!

I'm wondering how these combos were discovered? Handed down from family? Accidental? Lol.
  • izzyrhunt
    izzyrhunt Posts: 25 Member
    Avocado and baked sweet potatoes
  • Mrstwbrown
    Mrstwbrown Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2016
    See below
  • Mrstwbrown
    Mrstwbrown Posts: 8 Member
    I've always eaten and preferred my PBnJ with potato chips in the sandwich. I also do French fried with tarter sauce. I also have a sandwich of mayo, swiss and sliced hard boiled eggs on white bread or bun. If not eggs then swiss with yellow mustard.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Mom was fond of putting a big chunk of her cornbread into a glass of buttermilk and eating it with a spoon. I still haven't tried that myself, not least because I don't have her recipe for cornbread.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    I'll venture to say that almost NONE of these sound good--aaaack! I almost lost my lunch at pb with velveeta, and spaghetti and ranch. There are some adventurous folks out there!

I'm wondering how these combos were discovered? Handed down from family? Accidental? Lol.

LOL. I was visiting with some family over the summer years ago. And one of my uncles is obsessed with ranch. Everything had to have ranch on it. Grandma made speghetti and he topped it with ranch. Curiosity got the better of me and I found that it was pretty darn good. Not something I have on a regular basis though.
  • bunnyluv19
    bunnyluv19 Posts: 103 Member
    A white bread sandwich with butter,cheddar cheese,sweet pickles,potato chips& ketchup :sunglasses:
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Mom was fond of putting a big chunk of her cornbread into a glass of buttermilk and eating it with a spoon. I still haven't tried that myself, not least because I don't have her recipe for cornbread.

My Mom did this too. Always looked gross to me and I could never bring myself to try it.
  • mwickerh
    mwickerh Posts: 19 Member
    When making sloppy joes, cut up a banana and put it in the pan with the meat & sauce. The sweetness is really really good!
  • mwickerh
    mwickerh Posts: 19 Member
    Also, whole foods has a delicious jalopeno limeade juice and a basil watermelon juice. They're both really good too!