What's the deal with...

Options
cee134
cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
edited October 2016 in Chit-Chat
What's the deal with people from the 1600's? I mean come on. Could John Napier take any more time to discover logarithms? And come on, slashed doublet, wide reticella lace collars and cuffs, and a broadbrimmed hats were never cool.

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Why was this flagged?
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Seriously, did they even have fitness in the 1600's
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Why am I completely confused?
  • cee134
    Options
    @cee134 That flag is a good indication you did something right!!! Bravo!

Maybe it was flagged before it was edited...now I want to know the original.

I only edited it because of a typo. It said an instead of and...
  • cee134
    Options
    Maybe the person was from the 1600's and thought they where claiming my post as their own, with using a flag.
  • cee134
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    @cee134 That flag is a good indication you did something right!!! Bravo!

Maybe it was flagged before it was edited...now I want to know the original.

I only edited it because of a typo. It said an instead of and...

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the grammar police did it :) You were obviously abusing the English language.

Although maybe in the 1600's that would have been appropriate!

Also I called some of the 1600's people "Some puffy pants wearing, Drate-Poking, Bobolyne's"
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I love the lace collars on men, they also hung; like ties. So it was a collar/tie combination & much more sophisticated/dapper, than what men wear; in these current times!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Mozart is an overrated son of a *kitten* whose music sounds like it was written by a child, because it was. I woke up this morning thinking "Who can I share this with?" Perfect thread.
  • cee134
    Options
    and William Penn founding Pennsylvania? I understand naming something after you if you "found" it. But what's with the adding -sylvania part? If his last name was Smith would it have been Smith-sylvania? Who does that?
  • cee134
    Options
    and William Penn founding Pennsylvania? I understand naming something after you if you "found" it. But what's with the adding -sylvania part? If his last name was Smith would it have been Smith-sylvania? Who does that?

its because of the forests...its latin i think for forest isn't it?

3pb7b1fmm9vn.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    I still think dude was an asshat for naming it after himself and tacking on Latin.
  • cee134
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    I still think dude was an asshat for naming it after himself and tacking on Latin.

Yeah man he should have named it pennCEElvania

Yeah, and spelled the same way. That makes more sense.