Ladies in their 30s with similar goals who want support

Replies

• Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm 39 and would love to lose 25 lbs. I have been up and down on my weight since 2009. I either do really well and lose a lot of weight, hit my goals and then get tired of counting calories and working out. One time I took it a little to far and got down to about 105 lbs. Most recently in 2013 while deployed, I started doing weights and eating perfectly and got down to a really nice, tone 120 lbs. As soon as I came home from the deployment I stopped everything. Now I'm here at 150 lbs, the heaviest I've ever been. All the new bigger clothes are getting tight and I have no desire to work out or eat right. It's always easier for me to change my eating habits then it is to get motivated to work out. And I think now that I'm closer to 40 this go-around isn't going to be as easy as it was the previous times.
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    edited October 2016
    Hi, 36, 5'3 and just starting IIFYM. I lift 4 days a week as well. I'd like to get down to around 130, and have about 12lbs to go (started at 175). Please add me!!

• jacquelinehair
    jacquelinehair Posts: 5 Member
    I need accountability partner ! I'm 32 a hairstylist and have 2 boys .... I live in NJ my biggest problem is the weekend! I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight but I always wanted to get 10-15 lbs lower then this. I have a personal trainer but he is a man and I don't feel like I'm getting the nutrition part 100% , I always did weight watchers in the past
  • Rogalina16
    Rogalina16 Posts: 71 Member
    I'm 30 and have lost about 88 pounds so far I have about 40 pounds left to lose slowly getting there! Feel free to add me
  • kiri127
    kiri127 Posts: 2,947 Member
    I have sent out friend requests to everyone (and accepted all requests). Hello and welcome wonderful new friends! Let's show 30 who's boss!!! :smiley:
  • madikasingersmommy
    madikasingersmommy Posts: 15 Member
    Im 30 from WA state and have 35 lbs left to lose out of my 50! Can use all the support I can get. Feel free to add me :blush:
  • Somebrina
    Somebrina Posts: 15 Member
    edited October 2016
    35 years young here! Trying to maintain and (re)lose 10-15 more! Feel free to add me.
  • breenarna
    breenarna Posts: 7 Member
    Hi. I'm Brianna 35 from Australia and currently have 80 kilos to lose. I started this at 160kgs and just weighed in at 149.3kgs the other day. I have a long way to go and would love to have a support group around me to keep me motivated. Anyone that likes feel free to add me and keep in touch.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Woohoo! We got this, friends. :D Feel free to add. I'm still struggling my way through this. Ah well.
  • Mamzelc606
    Mamzelc606 Posts: 30 Member
    edited October 2016
    I have only a few friends on here and it actually DOES help, could use more so add me! :)
  • persephone145
    persephone145 Posts: 35 Member
    Hi ladies feel free to add me I am 30 and I am hoping to lose 38 pounds.
  • Eliana_65
    Eliana_65 Posts: 19 Member
    Add me too! I'm 30 and gained 30 lbs in 3 years... Now losing 1 a week! 9 off so far!
  • kiri127
    Eliana_65 wrote: »
    Add me too! I'm 30 and gained 30 lbs in 3 years... Now losing 1 a week! 9 off so far!

Great progress :smiley:
  • kiri127
    Mamzelc606 wrote: »
    I have only a few friends on here and it actually DOES help, could use more so add me! :)

So glad you find this community helpful! Thanks for contributing your support :smiley:
  • the_rayway
    the_rayway Posts: 4 Member
    Hey all, I'm 34 and need to lose a solid 50-60 lbs. 2 kids, full time employed, married and a dog! I cannot get the weight to budge. Lost an initial 4 lbs, and then it just goes right back to the 194lb mark. I'm 5'5 and need support/help!! I would love to be added to the group.
  • TRIX5884
    TRIX5884 Posts: 318 Member
    Ok friends - 32 here (ouch - I don't like saying that number) - need to lose around 50 pounds total. Short term goal is 20 pounds (I want to get to 150ish). I would love to be able to do that by December 31st. That is going to take some real buckling down - but I sure as heck am aiming for it (Yes - even with holidays around the corner!). Add me! Motivate me! (I'll do my best to motivate back!)
  • starcrystal3
    starcrystal3 Posts: 91 Member
    Happy to find a thread of motivated ladies in their 30s! My cw is 160 and my goal is 130 (ish). Would love to find others that log regularly and provide positive support. Please send a note in a friend request if you have similar goals. Good luck, all!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    35 and needing to lose 15 to 20 lbs.
    Maybe it doesn't sound like a lot but it seems like even 1 pound is a major struggle for me.

I've always been chubby- I'm kinda short and have an endomorph body type with a major carb & sweet tooth, so no wonder... I did used to lose weight more easily though, but since hitting my 30s and dealing with a slough of female health issues that ended in a hysterectomy I'm now finding weight loss comes VERY SLOW despite eating the best I have in my life, exercising more than I ever have before, and sticking to my calories & macros goals.

Trying to stay vigilant and on course. Somehow this time feels different because I'm on a mission for optimal health, not just to look better/thinner- though that's definitely a welcome side effect! After a major health crisis and being so weak & miserable, and having to fight my way back to good health, I want to do everything in my power to support my health now and in the future, including getting to a healthy weight and having a fit strong body.

Feel free to add me!
    I do well with the support & accountability of others.

• usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    kiri127 wrote: »
    nitaaaaa wrote: »
    I'm 31 and would like to lose about 50lbs- jeez it sounds so overwhelming just typing it. My biggest challenge is the pressure I get from my family (especially since I am single and of course they say no one will ever marry me like "this") .. It makes me really mad bc I don't want to lose weight for them, they should accept me the way I am even if I never lost another pound. Ironically, when they stop pressuring me is when I tend to lose the most anyway. I know it's counterproductive to not want to do something good for yourself bc others are demanding it, but it's really hindering me. What can I do?

A lot of people don't understand what an enormously difficult battle it is to lose unwanted weight. The more we are stressed, the harder it is. So, negative feedback is probably making your journey more arduous! Looking at almost 75lbs as my goal was totally overwhelming and seemingly impossible. As many of these fabulous ladies will agree, it's a one day at a time, one pound at a time goal. Celebrate a 5 lbs loss. Celebrate a week when you haven't lost but haven't gained! That's a huge accomplishment! You're in a great support network. We all have different ways and strategies to tackle our goals, but ultimately we are all looking to get to the same place, a healthier, happier you!

A good thing to remember too, NSVs (Non scale victories). While you may not lose weight one week, you may find you fit into that dress or pair of jeans that you couldn't wear two weeks ago!

I too would love friends on a similar journey. I am almost 38 years old and I am looking to lose around 50 lbs. I just hit my 10 lbs down mark! I have an open diary to all friends and I am "nosey" and look at other's diaries too as I sometimes get ideas.
    If you want to send a FR, please include a small message so I know you are not trolling or a bot. :smiley:
  • mairesile
    mairesile Posts: 26 Member
    Hi 36 2 kids looking to lose18lbs