Halo top ice cream

Options
1235»

Replies

• EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    i have discovered YASSO greek yogurt frozen bars. OMG, 100 CALORIES. FLAVORS SUCH AS SEA SALT CARAMEL, COOKIE DOUGH, CHOCOLATE CHIP, MINT CHOC CHIP. THESE ARE SO GOOD IT IS SCARY! check it out. found them in walmart and target. about 4$ for a box of 4. i live in Oklahoma, you can go to their website and find locations where you live. no i don't work for them, just in love with the product. i have tried artic ice and these come out way ahead. JMO. JENNIFER HALO IS ALSO A WINNER.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    i have discovered YASSO greek yogurt frozen bars. OMG, 100 CALORIES. FLAVORS SUCH AS SEA SALT CARAMEL, COOKIE DOUGH, CHOCOLATE CHIP, MINT CHOC CHIP. THESE ARE SO GOOD IT IS SCARY! check it out. found them in walmart and target. about 4$ for a box of 4. i live in Oklahoma, you can go to their website and find locations where you live. no i don't work for them, just in love with the product. i have tried artic ice and these come out way ahead. JMO. JENNIFER HALO IS ALSO A WINNER.

I tried Yasso a year ago and threw it away.. it was just very bland. I like their chocolate fudge bar though!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    AZ sucks.

Halo Top is marginally better tasting wise... but it is not comparable to real ice cream. However, I do sympathize and understand that many aren't fortunate enough to have high enough calories to consume the real deal... so it's an OK alternative.

I'd rather go with Skinny Cow or Edy's Slow Churned if I was working with poverty macros/calories though...
  • EttaMaeMartin
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I tried Yasso a year ago and threw it away.. it was just very bland. I like their chocolate fudge bar though!

maybe you could try a different flavor. the sea salt caramel is my all time favorite! far from bland. jmo
  • EttaMaeMartin
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Hmmm, well I tried a couple of flavors of HaloTop and it was okay. It doesn't taste like ice cream to me, it tastes like a pretty good substitute. And considering it's like $6 around here, I'll keep budgeting my calories to fit in some real ice cream. The sugar alcohols also bother my stomach a little :(. Too bad, I'm glad some of you like it!

And yeah, Arctic Zero tasted more like barely-flavored shaved ice to me.

i agree with the artic zero, better if it sets out and it softens up. the calories are great for a sweet treat.
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've only tried Arctic Zero and it was icy and terrible, so I've been turned off to all those low calorie brands. But if many of you say it's good, and creamy, maybe I'll have to give it a shot!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    I read this thread not that long ago and yesterday while in the grocery store I saw Halo Top icecream and thought "eh what the heck, may as well try it" and bought the vanilla favor.

I have to say man, to those who say this is tastes just like icecream...you guys are in some serious denial. Tasted like ice crystals mixed with half and half. It wasn't terrible but it certainly wasn't Ben and Jerry's or even a Safeway brand icecream. Don't think I'll be bothering with that again. I'd rather have 1 bowl of real ice cream than 4 bowls of that.

Taste is subjective though so if to you it tastes the same count yourselves lucky and enjoy.

If you go into any diet-like ice cream expecting it to taste like Ben & Jerry's, you're going to be disappointed. For what it is, it's great. And for all y'all with lots of calories at your expenditure, get Ben & Jerry's. When you have poverty macros like me and want to smash a pint of ice cream, Halo Top fits my bill.

I'd rather have 240 calories of TOTALLY CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES than 240 calories of faux ice cream.

I used to smash pints of Ben & Jerry's...now I manage my stress via exercise. (Not saying that is your motivation; just sharing my experience.)
  • TGTiger
    TGTiger Posts: 265 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    If it replaces my Ben and Jerry's fix for ice cream then I may be in trouble!!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I read this thread not that long ago and yesterday while in the grocery store I saw Halo Top icecream and thought "eh what the heck, may as well try it" and bought the vanilla favor.

I have to say man, to those who say this is tastes just like icecream...you guys are in some serious denial. Tasted like ice crystals mixed with half and half. It wasn't terrible but it certainly wasn't Ben and Jerry's or even a Safeway brand icecream. Don't think I'll be bothering with that again. I'd rather have 1 bowl of real ice cream than 4 bowls of that.

Taste is subjective though so if to you it tastes the same count yourselves lucky and enjoy.

If you go into any diet-like ice cream expecting it to taste like Ben & Jerry's, you're going to be disappointed. For what it is, it's great. And for all y'all with lots of calories at your expenditure, get Ben & Jerry's. When you have poverty macros like me and want to smash a pint of ice cream, Halo Top fits my bill.

I'd rather have 240 calories of TOTALLY CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES than 240 calories of faux ice cream.

I used to smash pints of Ben & Jerry's...now I manage my stress via exercise. (Not saying that is your motivation; just sharing my experience.)

To be honest, I couldn't smash a pint of B&J even if I wanted to. It DESTROYS my stomach even worse than fake sugary diet foods do.
  • Antmaril
    Antmaril Posts: 43 Member
    Options

I totally agree that the Yasso Greek Frozen Yogurt bars are fantastic. I have one every night after dinner. Costco carries them, too, and they are $10.99 for a box of 15, which is a bargain.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    The only artic zero I have been able to stomach is the brownie blast. Aside from that, halo top is WAAAAAY better. I have had vanilla bean, chocolate, birthday cake and lemon cake. Definitely like lemon cake the best :) was very antsy to try birthday cake but wasn't too obsessed unfortunately. I am excited to try the new 10 releases flavored when they hit my local stores. Expensive at 6 dollars a pint but eh :)
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I want to try it but they are always completely sold out at my neighborhood market! One of these days I'll get lucky.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I've never tried the AZ or Halo atop, but think I'll pass now. I'd rather enjoy a few spoonfuls of yummy....

I have a girl friend who loves ice cream. I only buy or bring it out of the freezer when she's joining my husband and myself for dinner.

Our favourite is Talenti gelato. Especially the salted caramel crunch. Yes it's high in calories. But we only eat a small scoop each. The pints allow me to buy a couple or three flavours. There's a good strawberry and a chocolate brownie flavour. They are all good actually. Sam's club has had the salted caramel crunch flavour in bigger tubs. That's a bit of a danger, but much cheaper. I think the pints go on sale here for 3.99. They do last a while. My will power is pretty strong.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options

Yeah that is fair. I typically get by on about 2400 calories a day to lose about 1.2 pounds a week so I can afford to just eat Ben and Jerry's now and again. I only posted because I bought the stuff out of claims on here that it tasted just like ice cream. It doesn't. Do I find it "nasty" as another poster said, no...its okay, but its more like skim milk with icecrystals and artificial sweetner which isn't suprising because thats basically what it is. Not that I have an issue with that, I think things like erithryitol, xylitol, aspartame,stevia, sucralose etc are fine. I think it wasn't so much the sweetness that disappointed as it was the iciness versus creaminess from the lack of fat.

I think a lot of it is about flavour vs. volume. I have a very low tolerance for dairy fat (despite loving the flavour of many rich creamy desserts), so I have never ever wanted to eat a whole pint of ice cream. I'm one of the very few for whom 1/2 cup is actually a decent serving size. So, yeah, I save the 200 cals for a tiny serving of Ben and Jerry's because that's all I was going to be able to eat anyway.

If you want a large volume of ice cream, I can see where the richer ice creams like Ben and Jerry's would become calorie prohibitive very quickly.