I'll be home for Christmas Challenge

Options
1235»

Replies

• ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Goal - 601km (trying to see how close I can get!)
    Today - 8.8km
    Running total - 118.2km
    Distance to go - 482.8km

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    From Lux to Canada - 6716 total kms -/- by 123 days = 54 kilo-minutes of exercise each day!
    15 Sep - 5600- 70 minutes circuit training = 5530 kilo/minutes remaining!
    Can't stop now - just starting across the Atlantic Ocean!!
  • KareninLux
    Options
    From Lux to Canada - 6716 total kms -/- by 123 days = 54 kilo-minutes of exercise each day!
    16 Sep - 5530- 75 minutes walking = 5455 kilo/minutes remaining!
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My surgery went well yesterday. The surgeon said I can start exercising in 3-4 weeks.
  • KareninLux
    Options
    17 Sep - 5455- 100 minutes walking = 5355 kilo/minutes remaining!

Where is everyone? Lol. I can't stop now or I will drown in the Atlantic!
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Goal - 601km (trying to see how close I can get!)
    15/09 - 8.1km
    16/09 - 6km
    17/09 - 5km
    18/09 - rest day
    Running total - 137.3km
    Distance to go - 463.7km

My surgery went well yesterday. The surgeon said I can start exercising in 3-4 weeks.

That's really great news! Good luck with a quick recovery!
    KareninLux wrote: »

Ooops sorry...I sort of lost track of things over the weekend, but I'm back now! :)

• louann_jude
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »
    17 Sep - 5455- 100 minutes walking = 5355 kilo/minutes remaining!

Lol that is cute. We will need to send you a boat.
  • KareninLux
    Options
    I haven't drowned yet... just stupidly busy at work - will be back in this in a day or so!!! Don't give up!!
  • optiman38
    optiman38 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Well walking is good for recovery so good luck your all doing very well. keep up the good work :)
  • louann_jude
    Options
    I just wanted to check in with you all. I do walk around the house and up and down the side walk in front of my house but not to much I do it til I am tired or out of breath. I am not taking to the bed just taking it easy and watching my calories.
  • KareninLux
    Options
    5355 - 60 minutes of hiking.
    5295 minutes remaining!!!
    Am back at it after moving houses!!
  • KareninLux
    Options
    5295-60 mins hiking.
    5235 mins remaining.
    Move done.
    Back on track!!
  • KareninLux
    Options
    5236-120 nuns hiking.
    5126 mins to go.
  • KareninLux
    Options
    Is there anyone out there?
  • AjRogers2
    AjRogers2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I need to get motivated I had lost 86 pounds and because of lack of motivation and slacking I have gained about five pounds back. There is 123 days til Christmas day. I would really like to lose 19 pounds to hit the 100 pounds lost mark.

Another thing my exercise motivation has been shot. I was doing Cize but because of medical problems my dr said no jumping or lifting. Walking seems boring but with a challenge it may stick. I am from a small town in Kentucky but live in the Big city of Columbus Ohio, lol. I am 168 miles from home, from my family. So I plan on to challenge myself to walk 168 miles in the next 123 days. I know that doesn't seem like much but I am due to have surgery soon and I don't know when I will be allowed to begin my exercise again.

So those of you that live hours away from your home find out how many miles and break it up and walk home. Those that don't can join me and walk from Columbus Ohio to Inez Kentucky. Also there is 17 weeks left til Christmas and I challenge to lose 20 pounds. Weigh in's once a week on Tuesdays and walking will be daily miles. Who's in?

I just saw this and thought I would throw in a few cents worth. If you have access to a shallow pool (chest high water or thereabouts) walk in the water. You will burn twice as much calories as land and be easy on the joints. My surgeon got me doing it and I lost 70 lbs between that and healthy eating habits. I can't do a treadmill but now I still walk for an hour 3 times a week.
  • louann_jude
    Options
    AjRogers2 wrote: »
    I need to get motivated I had lost 86 pounds and because of lack of motivation and slacking I have gained about five pounds back. There is 123 days til Christmas day. I would really like to lose 19 pounds to hit the 100 pounds lost mark.

Another thing my exercise motivation has been shot. I was doing Cize but because of medical problems my dr said no jumping or lifting. Walking seems boring but with a challenge it may stick. I am from a small town in Kentucky but live in the Big city of Columbus Ohio, lol. I am 168 miles from home, from my family. So I plan on to challenge myself to walk 168 miles in the next 123 days. I know that doesn't seem like much but I am due to have surgery soon and I don't know when I will be allowed to begin my exercise again.

So those of you that live hours away from your home find out how many miles and break it up and walk home. Those that don't can join me and walk from Columbus Ohio to Inez Kentucky. Also there is 17 weeks left til Christmas and I challenge to lose 20 pounds. Weigh in's once a week on Tuesdays and walking will be daily miles. Who's in?

I just saw this and thought I would throw in a few cents worth. If you have access to a shallow pool (chest high water or thereabouts) walk in the water. You will burn twice as much calories as land and be easy on the joints. My surgeon got me doing it and I lost 70 lbs between that and healthy eating habits. I can't do a treadmill but now I still walk for an hour 3 times a week.

Thank you I will try to find one. I have been walking small distances like a quarter of a mile at a time.
  • louann_jude
    Options
    I got a mile in today!!!

• louann_jude
    Options
    I got two miles this morning and one on Wednesday