Stretch Marks

Options
13»

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    ok i guess but i wish i could get rid of mine im 5'2 and 107lbs
    i have them on my bum i have no idea why!

Going from a normal weight to ultra thin will give you stretch marks too, only they appear different. Basically any drastic change in the amount of 'volume' your skin contains can cause stretch marks. It's not always from actual 'stretching'. The reverse holds true as well...and shrinking can cause the same problem.
  • ambergirl327
    Options
    I had 3 kids 3 years apart and each one of them gave me stretch marks in new places! Now that my youngest is a little over 2 years most of them have faded and if I keep a healthy tan they fade even more. Stretch marks are like battle wounds and when you can embrace them you can conquer all!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I am only 19 years old, never been preggo, and I have white stretch marks ALL over my body (inside my arms, on my bust, sides, hips, inner legs mostly). It isn't very good for my self esteem, but these are my badges of honor and if I must have them, so be it :smile:
  • butterflikisses13
    butterflikisses13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My son calls them my zebra stripes...and I don't necessarily like them...but no one else seems to notice or care...I've heard a bunch of my friends complain about them and I can't even see theirs...
  • ryandylan
    ryandylan Posts: 62
    Options
    I got ZERO stretch marks with my 1st pregnancy...I was so happy.....my 2nd was a different story!! He was over 10 pounds at birth, so needless to say, I got em!! Not too bad-mostly around my bellybutton, but they are there :(
  • hanika8
    hanika8 Posts: 5
    Options
    Ive got stretch marks absolutly hate them! Due this sunday so hoping that the baby will be on time and i wont get anymore! Ive got them on my thighs and down the back of my legs to my knee, feel like a cats been using me as a scratching post!

How long did it take for yours to fade?
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say tit's all about attitude. I got very bad stretch marks during my pregnancy and they will never fade away as it's already been 4 yrs. Since they cannot be changed and I'm learning to say F#@$ IT this is my body for better or worse and I'm learn to love myself.
  • ziggiezed
    ziggiezed Posts: 36
    Options
    @ edensmummy I have done the bio oil thing & yes my stretch marks got extremely light but didn't fade away. but i will promote that item because if i had of used it twice a a day like the bottle says may be i wouldn't have them anymore. maybe i will give it another try.