Dealing with others comments

Options
How do you deal with people saying you are too thin? I am perfectly happy and have a healthy BMI but seem to be getting this quite recently especially from people I haven't seen for a while (like my Dad who ironically I hadn't seen for so long the last time I saw him he said I was too heavy) and I try just joking it off or saying I'm happy as I am but some people just press the point which I actually find upsetting and offensive - how do others deal with this?

Replies

• emawbey
    emawbey Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    “Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn’t mean the circus has left town.” — George Carlin.

Love this!
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Thin? Lean? Skinny? Strong? Athletic? Sorry. I see the titke and skip to bitchy . So long as you are confident (not to be confused with happy) with what you see.....own it.
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the spelling.
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    The last time I was at my ideal weight according to the charts for height, gender and age, people thought I was sick. Someone even asked if I had cancer. :s I think they're so used to seeing me overweight.

I love the "just right" response!

I also had people ask if I was sick or if everything was okay. I finally had to post a before and after picture, abs included with a note for people to stop asking if I am sick. I just got fed up with with people telling me to eat a sandwich that I was too thin. I am FIT and HAPPY! Btw @coloradoartstudio GJ, CO guy here.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    do what you want. who cares what others think/
  • Mandimaders
    Mandimaders Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Usually people who make comments about other peoples bodies whether it be "too thin" "too fat" or anything are struggling with their own body image and projecting their insecurity on you. I just feel sorry for them and shrug it off without saying anything negative towards them. Just smile and say thanks for the concern.

[Edited by MFP Mods]
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you started your journey, but I know for myself, I've lost so much at this point that I weigh less than I did in Junior High. My friends and family are used to seeing a morbidly obese version of myself. As the comments of "too thin" and "one extreme to the other" come in, I smile and politely thank them for the compliment and assure them I'm on top of things and have no intention of becoming too thin and thanks for the concern. I see myself daily and have a hard time wrapping my brain around my new self at times, so I understand where the comments are coming from. Be happy with you, and try to worry less about them.