KarlyHK Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 9 years older.
    My ex was 20 years older.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    FLBlackMax wrote: »
    Ive been open minded and had good relations with intriguing women..oth younger and older. Age just a number

Yep ..this..age is just a number ..met some very mature younger guys and some very immature older guys ..
  • ddoud71
    ddoud71 Posts: 2,741 Member
    Options
    I think maturity level has a lot to do with it. When I was younger I like older women because they didn't play games and new what they wanted.
  • KarlyHK
    KarlyHK Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    What the person has gone through in life matters so much. So yes age is just a number is a mostly true statement.

For instance I was 20 working at guitar center and ran into a man who was 41. Fell head over heals. He was nervous cause of the age but after s year of just being close friends we began a relationship. It was a great relationship. But I'm the end we both wanted different things.
    Probably partially cause of the age gap. But we were good together even when we broke up. But I wanted to be me, and he loved me, but he was so scared of his mom judging the age gap that he was asking me to change my crazy bright red hair ro something more natural.
    Which isn't a huge deal... but if you love someone, you love them no matter what stage they are in life.

Now I've been with someone 9 years older than me for a year now and it is hands down the best relationship I've ever been in.
    He actually decided to break up with me once cause he said he felt like he was holding me back from experiencing things and making the mistakes he made.
    But we ended up working it out cause he realized I didn't need to go through what he went through. I went though my own hurdles.

What are some reasonings you guys enjoy older or younger partners?
    For me. I was raped at 17. And ever since then people my age scared me. I felt safer with someone older who would understand why I was nervous about sexual relations and stuff.

• Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    My BF seems pretty immature but I can't seem to pin him as anything. Weird life
  • grrrgirl
    grrrgirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    KarlyHK wrote: »

What are some reasonings you guys enjoy older or younger partners?

I like being with Wally who is 19 years older then me because 1. Men in there 40's rock. 2. He knows what he wants and doesn't play games 3. Experience in bed ;) 4. We have tons in common 5. He is alrdy established in life. 6. He makes me feel loved and understands me... Just for starters
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    My fiance is 9 years older and my ex is 12 years older. Ive always dated older men.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    FLBlackMax wrote: »
    Ive been open minded and had good relations with intriguing women..both younger and older. Age just a number

This is perfect.
  • WaCowboy
    WaCowboy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend and I are 8 years apart (I'm the older one). It's really not that much of a difference, but there are some differences you can see when it comes to the age. We have both learned to compromise, and that I can't take Bar hopping and Dancing until 2am every weekend.

In the end age is just a number. If your happy with each other then it shouldn't really matter.
  • KristyBlack
    KristyBlack Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 13 1/2 years old than me. Currently, he's 48 & I'm 35. We've been together since he was 40 and I was 27.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    Most marraiges or relationships the men are older . Women like a guy that gets them . Immature , childish , never grow up , jealous types , turn women off . Thats why you see alot of women around the 25 year old stage with guys in their 30's and 40's .
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    finny11122 wrote: »
    Most marraiges or relationships the men are older . Women like a guy that gets them . Immature , childish , never grow up , jealous types , turn women off . Thats why you see alot of women around the 25 year old stage with guys in their 30's and 40's .

I know many marriages where the wife is older. Mine is almost two years older than me, and we've been married 28 years now.
  • jasonraymiller
    jasonraymiller Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I was 21, she was 34, it was all about sex. Frankly, I say who cares what anyone else thinks do you and be happy. Life moves quickly, do what you want with it.
  • Baddogbeanie
    Baddogbeanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    grrrgirl wrote: »
    Me and my fiancé are 19 yrs apart :) And very happy. We have a hard time finding ppl who come close to that. It's always nice to find people who understand because a lot of people frown upon it.

My last girlfirend and I were about 20 years apart and I found there was little difference due to age, maturity is more a factor than anything elseand that is not always depebndent on age. The end of the story was we broke up becuase of the age though. :( I wanted to retire and move away and she still had child rearing responsibilities. ~ Not so happily ever after.
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My bf and I are 8 years apart. He is 47 and I am 39. This weekend will be six years that we have been together. For the most part the age gap is not a big deal. Then there are times he will be like remember when this happened and I was like baby I was 8. Lol then he will start with the God I am old.

Right now it's kinda hard because he is going through that Midlife I am getting old and it scares the crap out of me. He lost his job last year one he was at for ten years. Now he is at a new place where most of the people there are in their 20's. So he feels so old next to them. He also gets so upset with them because he says most of them their work ethics suck. They treat the work place as a social gathering.
  • ddoud71
    Options
    I don't think it matters as long as its all legal and you love each other
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I get older, they stay the same age.
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Definitely more interested in older men than younger.
  • ddoud71
    Options
    Definitely more interested in older men than younger.

May I ask why?