BEST Appetite suppressants

Anyone know any good ones that work?

Replies

• MichelleNicole93
    MichelleNicole93 Posts: 89 Member
    Exercise...
    already doing that. Actually makes me hungrier. Looking for something that takes the hunger away

• JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Strongly flavored foods. For me, vinegary foods work best. Pickles, pickled peppers, hot peppers, etc. Totally takes away my appetite.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    getting enough water,fat,fiber and protein helps me to not be so hungry.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    alyssa0061 wrote: »
    Coffee

Yeah - at least caffeine. It doesn't do anything if I'm truly hungry, but if I just want to eat out of boredom or habit it's really useful.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Coffee for me. The "over the counter miracle appetite suppressants" are a load of bunk, though.
  • Red_Pill
    Red_Pill Posts: 300 Member
    Coffee, sparking water, an Apple or Banana (to stave off hunger until your actual meal), Lemon water.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,968 Member
    edited October 2016
    If I'm truly hungry, I eat something. I find that eating enough protein helps me to stay full longer. If I just want to eat because I'm bored then finding something to take my mind off of it helps. Usually I go for a walk.
  • Trnava
    Trnava Posts: 30 Member
    edited October 2016
    Since my "hungry hours" start around 3pm, 50 or 100 mg of 5-HTP before lunch 4x week help keep my appetite/carb cravings under control. **Be sure to read up on 5-HTP before starting it, since it's not safe under certain circumstances. Run it by your doc - mine recommended it. Look for a reputable brand.**

Over the years I've tried a few prescription weight loss meds but the side effects were truly awful - not so with 5-HTP.

I agree with others' comments about light exercise and staying hydrated. A quick walk and a glass of water help reduce the desire to eat when it's not based on actual hunger. If you really are hungry and are consuming a reasonable # of calories, then maybe look at increasing your fiber and/or fat intake?
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Coffee and gum. I like the sugar free Mentos.
  • Mumu190672
    Mumu190672 Posts: 76 Member
    Coffee black without sugar. Then if I feel I need to eat something I usually have a tomato or some radishes because it is very low in calories and it helps me until the next meal.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Anyone know any good ones that work?

For me:

Exercise.

Protein.

Fiber.

A well rounded meal in moderation.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Coffee for me. The "over the counter miracle appetite suppressants" are a load of bunk, though.

Agree!