Has seeing your weight loss results make you become more arrogant? Or confident?

Has loosing weight changed your personality?

Replies

• JessicaB523
    JessicaB523 Posts: 70 Member
    No. Kind of the other way around for me. Self-growth led to more confidence which led to consistently working on my health and fitness which led to losing weight.
  • JP_909
    JP_909 Posts: 816 Member
    No, if you are to lose a big amount of weight you might see some things differently than you used too. Doesn't have to be arrogance but you might change your opinions a bit
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    I am more confident. People think I am arrogant. I can't really control that.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    my personality hasn't changed but I'm more willing to share it with others. so i guess that makes me more confident.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Nope I am same old me.. Just a few years older...
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    I am more confident clothing choice wise. Which has been a surprise because I never considered myself to ever really care much before, I wore what I liked but I guess I made allowances for being bigger and trying to flatter myself.

But in every other way, not really.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I've the same personality and confidence

I have more body confidence which I think translates as regaining sexual confidence, something I lost as a mother with young children. But I'm not sure if that was relevant to my size or to the age of my children...it's certainly nice when they start to become intelligent, more independent tweens and teens though and that has hit at the same time as me losing fifty pounds plus and getting fit and strong and regaining my health

It's all lead to me being more easy in how I walk and dress, perhaps it makes me overtly more confident...but I doubt it

I don't think personalities change

My high level of happiness in my relationship with my husband and interpersonal relationships with friends and colleagues has remained stable through fat and thin, my energy levels have improved though
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    more self confident for sure..less anxious
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    I think I'm more confident and less arrogant. I'm proud of what I've accomplished and happier with how I look, but i also now am brutally aware of my deficits and mistakes.

One bad run leaves me questioning everything. A new PR makes me feel like a beast.

Overall I'm happier and more confident, but it seems a little fragile. My fitness is pretty new, though. Hopefully I get to where an off day just rolls of the back.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Has loosing weight changed your personality?

Nope. But, I sure feel a whole lot better.
  • ummijaaz560
    ummijaaz560 Posts: 228 Member
    I am and I blame it all on heavy lifting.

I walk taller because I feel strong.

I puposely move my living room furniture to sweep; before If I dont see dust, it isn't there :D

• winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    I wouldn't say I'm confident or arrogant about my weight loss. If anything I'm more insecure now. I felt fine before but decided I could be healthier and now that I've lost some weight I've dropped 6 inches and 3 pants sizes. None of my clothes fit anymore. They're all super loose and baggy. I still have a bit more to lose so I'm waiting on buying new clothes. I feel like I look ridiculous in my baggy clothes..
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    I haven't lost enough to notice yet for myself, but I do know some people who did change for the worse with weight loss. They started shaming anyone who wasn't in the same place they were with their weight loss journey or who had backslid a bit, when they know when they were heavier that would not have been helpful for them. They became arrogant and expected more things for free because they were "hot" now. Ugh. I have no time for people like that.