No discipline to lose weight

Options
2»

Replies

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    I was on here 3yrs ago & didn't last long, i guess the time wasn't right. I started this time by "accident" I sign up at the gym every summer to swim. I lost 3lbs the month i was swimming .My friend who i haven't seen in a long time lost 70lbs thru a similar program so she inspired me & I inspired her to come to the gym. Now we go to water aerobics twice a week together & work out in between, i always go for a swim after. It's fun for me to figure out new ways to eat familiar foods & to discover & try new ones, and i'm down a whole clothes size!
  • KaseyWolf
    KaseyWolf Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The only "detox" I have found that works is intermittent fasting. A day where you drink water, relax, meditate, go for a leisurely sight seeing type walk with music. I found that doing that not only seemed to make my body feel better but my mind as well and helped me recharge for the next go around.
  • lancelyell
    lancelyell Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    One of the keys I found was to actually train for something you love. If you love biking register for a race 3 months from now and train for that race. When you make working out more than a job it becomes fun and you become better. Setting goals and working towards those goals is key!