Replies

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Day13 done!!!
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Day 13 done here as well!! @sabreena86 the push ups will come with time. I couldn't even imagine being able to do push ups on my toes when I first started this journey. I am averaging anywhere from being able to do between 10 to 20 on my toes on average in a set now. Just keep at it and you will start noticing that you can do one, then more and more on your toes as time goes on.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Also, if you were thinking of joining the Amazing Race - Fall Fun, there are only 5 spaces left and teams are announced in 2 days. Also, if you join or have joined and want to make sure you are on the same team, please make sure to ask to be on team 2 or my team, otherwise, team assignments are done randomly. Please let me know if you need me to tag you on the post if you want to find out more about it.
  • horsetrainer46
    horsetrainer46 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @sabreena86 You will get the push ups in time. A lot of people use all arm strength do them, which will stress the shoulders. Also, I would try starting on toes on stairs rather than the floor. Start in a high plank and tighten your core and upper back muscles. focus on those muscles, not arms, then lower yourself down focusing on feeling tight core and upper back engaged, then tighten them again and think of pushing through the floor/step to find core and back muscles on the press up.
    Also, be sure your hands are directly below shoulders when doing them. Do just one, then go to knees for second one. It think I came across a video once breaking it down. I will look for it and share if I can find. Good luck!
  • mamatigerj
    mamatigerj Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    @horsetrainer46 I have been doing my push-ups on the stairs, and your advice is very helpful; thank you so much!

Day 13 done.
  • horsetrainer46
    Options
    @mamatigerj so happy to hear that, you are very welcome!

Challenge day 13: squats-200, crunches-100
  • sabreena86
    sabreena86 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Also, if you were thinking of joining the Amazing Race - Fall Fun, there are only 5 spaces left and teams are announced in 2 days. Also, if you join or have joined and want to make sure you are on the same team, please make sure to ask to be on team 2 or my team, otherwise, team assignments are done randomly. Please let me know if you need me to tag you on the post if you want to find out more about it.

Thank you for lifting my spirits ,, Thank you all guys , It is the good fortune I am here with you

For the race Yes I've joined it, but I didn't choose a team, because this is my first time, i don't know anything about teams. It is of my pleasure to be with you, tell me please how to join your team.. Tag me to join
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    @sabreena86 I have requested you to be on our team in the race's thread. Hopefully they can accommodate. It would be great if we could all stick together. There are still a few spots left for anyone else who would like to join.
  • sabreena86
    Options
    @horsetrainer46 thanks for the advice, I'll try it tomorrow
  • Timothyh27
    Timothyh27 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Day 13 and previous days.... Done!
  • Spears1354
    Spears1354 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Day 12 & 13 Squat, Etc... Challenge
    130 Squats
    15 Push-ups
    1.5 min plank ( sections)
    80 Crunches
    Done!
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    Day 14 done!! I love squats!!! I was able to play one song during squats but 130 is now 2 songs!!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Day 14 done. Definitely tired this morning though, so it was a bit of a struggle.
  • mamatigerj
    mamatigerj Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Day 14 done!
  • horsetrainer46
    Options
    Day 14 done! We are almost 1/2 way through this thing!
    Weighted squats -220 (4x30, 4×20)
    Crunches -135 (50+85)
    Pushups-50 (15+15+10+10)
    Plank- 4 min 40 seconds (2 min+1 min+1min 40 sec
  • Spears1354
    Spears1354 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Day 14 done
  • sabreena86
    Options
    Day 13 :(
    Day 14 done
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    Day 15 I suspect I'm gonna have to start doing in reps soon! :s
  • Timothyh27
    Timothyh27 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Day 15 done, crunches are starting to be quite tough! :#
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Skipping today, I think, and possibly tomorrow. That's gonna stink having to make up two days. I have a super achy muscle, more than just a sore one so worried I got close to pulling something or something like that, so I am wanting to take it easy for a couple days. I think these exercises would be ok, but don't want to push it. I will for sure be back at it Monday though since the Amazing Race begins!!