Starting keto

Options
Looking for people that are starting keto also..

Replies

• racoomer
    racoomer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Startine week two... man i'd really like a donut! ;)
  • michellefloyd60
    michellefloyd60 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What kind of things are you eating?
  • merchantmarine
    merchantmarine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    And I could go for a few donuts too
  • merchantmarine
    merchantmarine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Gonna start cooking with coconut flour too. I'm out to sea on my ship and it's been hell of a week.
  • jleg346
    jleg346 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 and I think I'm depending too much on dairy to get my daily fats. I'm entering everything into the journal and getting really close to the correct macros, but I'm still not sure if I'm doing it right. I haven't had any cravings and am a little weirded out by that fact that I can consume this much fat to lose weight.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Zoeyzoo81
    Zoeyzoo81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am re-starting the ketogenics diet and really need this to track my daily intake. Having trouble with the fats and eating enough of them.
  • kepkegirls
    kepkegirls Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today is my day 1 for keto. This is my first time trying it and I am hoping this is the lifestyle change I sstick with
  • mgmg123
    mgmg123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Day 25 on low carb high fats, can't believe I've stuck it out this long.
  • persephone145
    persephone145 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    How is this diet working out for you? I have been thinking about trying it but don't know where to start.
  • gillmores
    gillmores Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start this. Looks really positive
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm tip-toeing into this. I had a good day yesterday, but need more time to research recipes and understand macro proportions.
  • steve_bb
    steve_bb Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Keto for about 4 months now and dropped 20lbs and feel so much better than I did eating carbs.
    In that 4 months I had a period of time where I was fully committed so probably didn't see any benefit during that time.
    A Keto coffee is a good way to get fats into you, some call it a bulletproof coffee.
    My main issue is dealing with the fact one decent cheat meal can knock you out of Ketosis for 2-4 days! That is something I struggle with. I'm getting better at staying in and it feels good knowing your just burning fat for energy.
  • gamemember732
    gamemember732 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey,I startet doing keto 2weeks ago after a 4 month break.

For questions about Keto you should visit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/
    Biggest and friendliest online keto community,those guys helped me loosing 70lbs.

You can also add me as friend to look at recipes/daily keto food diary :)
  • Zilia81
    Zilia81 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Day 6 on keto.
    I use coconut oil to get most of my fats, but also using a lot of mascarpone. I have started adding psyllium husks to my morning english muffin, to get enough fiber to get smth moving. Although I`m drinking lots of water and enough fibers, I`m really constipated and bloated. That`s a bit annoying. I`m thinking that I may consume too much dairy?
  • jmcdao
    jmcdao Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am following a diet that is basically Keto (low carb, no grains, etc).

Is there a real value to actually getting the strips and peeing on them, to make sure you are in Ketosis?
    Or are you guys not that hardcore?

I've been trying to decide how all-in to go :)