How many calories do you aim for a day??

Options
How many calories do you aim for a day??

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Options
    2100-2500 while I am cutting. Maintenance at 3k.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    About 3,000
  • dawnwarcup28
    dawnwarcup28 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow really?? I eat bout 800 sometimes less x
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Vary. Some days I suspect I eat well under 1000, and other days 3000 or more. I don't count. My wt has been in maintenance for months without much tweaking.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    1400-2000 depending on the workout for the day...
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    1300 but will eat a lot more depending on how much exercise I do
  • dawnwarcup28
    Options
    Thanx for the advice guys, I just think if I eat more I'm not guna loose weight xx
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Thanx for the advice guys, I just think if I eat more I'm not guna loose weight xx

What are your stats? Do you workout? If you do, what is your plan? What are your goals? Do you use a food scale? Do you log every day?
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Anywhere between 1600 (rare, only if I'm inactive that day) to 2,300.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I eat around 2,000, unless I'm parked on a couch not moving, then I eat about 1,600.

Eating 800 is completely unsustainable. You should eat the calorie goal MyFitnessPal gives you, not less.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing this?
  • dawnwarcup28
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

What are your stats? Do you workout? If you do, what is your plan? What are your goals? Do you use a food scale? Do you log every day?

I rarely go to gym, but have a active job working 13 hours a day on my feet and go to pole 4 fitness once a week I go for walk once a week to a good brisk hour walk, I log everyday bin naughty today tho ate just over 1000 but burned over 400 cals on me walk, I'm 10.12 now want to get to 9 stone X
  • psuLemon
    Options

I rarely go to gym, but have a active job working 13 hours a day on my feet and go to pole 4 fitness once a week I go for walk once a week to a good brisk hour walk, I log everyday bin naughty today tho ate just over 1000 but burned over 400 cals on me walk, I'm 10.12 now want to get to 9 stone X

Being that active and relatively young, I would highly doubt you would gain on more calories. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if you could lose weight at 1600 calories.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

There are people here who have been very, very successful with losing weight and keeping it off. You should believe them when they tell you that you aren't eating enough and you can have success without starving yourself.

800 calories isn't enough to live on, even if you didn't have an active job.
  • dawnwarcup28
    Options

Being that active and relatively young, I would highly doubt you would gain on more calories. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if you could lose weight at 1600 calories.

U think I should eat more then?? X
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

So you netted around 600 calories? :astonished: Yes, that's "being naughty" but not in the way you're thinking.

That is way too low to be healthy and is definitely not sustainable long term.

Please, read through some of these threads and learn how to lose weight healthily and sustainably: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10260499/i-like-old-posts-and-i-cannot-lie/p1

To answer your OP, I usually eat between 1500 - 1800 calories depending on exercise.