How many calories do you aim for a day??

Options

Replies

• dawnwarcup28
    dawnwarcup28 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Thanx for the advice guys, I just think if I eat more I'm not guna loose weight xx

What are your stats? Do you workout? If you do, what is your plan? What are your goals? Do you use a food scale? Do you log every day?

I rarely go to gym, but have a active job working 13 hours a day on my feet and go to pole 4 fitness once a week I go for walk once a week to a good brisk hour walk, I log everyday bin naughty today tho ate just over 1000 but burned over 400 cals on me walk, I'm 10.12 now want to get to 9 stone X

Being that active and relatively young, I would highly doubt you would gain on more calories. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if you could lose weight at 1600 calories.

U think I should eat more then?? X
  • dawnwarcup28
    Options
    Thanx for the advice guys, I just think if I eat more I'm not guna loose weight xx

What are your stats? Do you workout? If you do, what is your plan? What are your goals? Do you use a food scale? Do you log every day?

I rarely go to gym, but have a active job working 13 hours a day on my feet and go to pole 4 fitness once a week I go for walk once a week to a good brisk hour walk, I log everyday bin naughty today tho ate just over 1000 but burned over 400 cals on me walk, I'm 10.12 now want to get to 9 stone X

So you netted around 600 calories? :astonished: Yes, that's "being naughty" but not in the way you're thinking.

That is way too low to be healthy and is definitely not sustainable long term.

Please, read through some of these threads and learn how to lose weight healthily and sustainably: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10260499/i-like-old-posts-and-i-cannot-lie/p1

To answer your OP, I usually eat between 1500 - 1800 calories depending on exercise.

Awww thank you will have a read, what do u have for breakie dinner and t? Xx
  • dawnwarcup28
    Options
    ogtmama wrote: »
    How long have you been doing this?

This app or dieting??
  • dawnwarcup28
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Uh oh...I'm out before I get myself into trouble...

3b222a551255713933e029116b04cf750d5e44f7?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic3.fjcdn.com%2Fthumbnails%2Fcomments%2F.........Well%2BI%2Bm%2Bout%2B_f25dd241d30f6f2d68b5b89cd33f078a.gif

Lol
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

So you netted around 600 calories? :astonished: Yes, that's "being naughty" but not in the way you're thinking.

Please, read through some of these threads and learn how to lose weight healthily and sustainably: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10260499/i-like-old-posts-and-i-cannot-lie/p1

To answer your OP, I usually eat between 1500 - 1800 calories depending on exercise.

Whatever I feel like, lol. :smile:

Breakfast often involves eggs or oatmeal.

I cook for myself, my husband, and two young boys, so dinner is all over the place and usually revolves around whatever is on sale at my grocery store that week. Though I generally always build dinner around some sort of protein, a starch, and veggies. Only exception is when I make something like a casserole, or on pizza night.

Lunch is usually leftovers or salads/sandwiches.

I just eat what I like and what my family likes and portion everything to fit into my calories.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I like to hit around 1400-1500, and I struggle with that sometimes, I couldn't imagine limiting myself to 800 daily. I definitely recommend either upping your calories or double check that you are logging accurately, because maybe you are underestimating. Do you use a food scale?
  • dawnwarcup28
    Options
    I like to hit around 1400-1500, and I struggle with that sometimes, I couldn't imagine limiting myself to 800 daily. I definitely recommend either upping your calories or double check that you are logging accurately, because maybe you are underestimating. Do you use a food scale?

No I don't use scales hun I mainly eat porridge, then cup of soup crackers, jelly and banana and tea I have either ready meal , pasta pot etc jelly and apple and maybe cereal bar for snack, and Sunday dinner on a Sunday lol xx
  • dawnwarcup28
    Options

Whatever I feel like, lol. :smile:

Breakfast often involves eggs or oatmeal.

I cook for myself, my husband, and two young boys, so dinner is all over the place and usually revolves around whatever is on sale at my grocery store that week. Though I generally always build dinner around some sort of protein, a starch, and veggies. Only exception is when I make something like a casserole, or on pizza night.

Lunch is usually leftovers or salads/sandwiches.

I just eat what I like and what my family likes and portion everything to fit into my calories.

Awww sounds good hun!! Xx
  • Keishia
    Keishia Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I eat around 1700 calories per day. However, I do not eat more to make up the calories I burn when I exercise and that is because my trainer told me not to.
  • dawnwarcup28
    Options
    Keishia wrote: »

I eat around 1700 calories per day. However, I do not eat more to make up the calories I burn when I exercise and that is because my trainer told me not to.

Ah right that's good hun, is it best to do cardio to get rid of fat or weights? Xx
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Around 3000-3200 (slow bulking). Gotta fuel this machine of mine ;)
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options

This app or dieting??

Eating so little
  • dawnwarcup28
    Options

This app or dieting??

Eating so little

I only started on Sunday religiously , not giving in this time sick of starting over lol X
  • dawnwarcup28
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Really?? I don't think I cud eat that much lol x
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options

This app or dieting??

Eating so little

I only started on Sunday religiously , not giving in this time sick of starting over lol X

Ok, I asked before giving any other answer because I was concerned that you may have an eating disorder and need extra help. I would definitely up your calories. 1200 is the absolute minimum for women, eating 800 (and netting far lower) is going to make you sick if you continue...are you not already tired and grouchy?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Really?? I don't think I cud eat that much lol x

You probably could if you choose calorie-dense foods that were less filling. A few drinks, high calorie sauces/dressings, many desserts . . . it really isn't that much food if you're choosing certain things.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Well, from what you've said, it sounds like you're actually eating more than 800, so that's a relief.

Saying that, if you want to succeed, you need to be accurate with what you're logging. Are you measuring any of this? Are you verifying that the data base entries you choose are correct? If you're not doing that, you really have no idea how many calories you're eating.

Additionally, you should be eating no less than 1200, and even that is likely too low given how active you are. Don't be in such a rush to lose weight. Think of the time it takes to come off as training for learning how to keep the weight off.
  • dawnwarcup28
    Options

This app or dieting??

Eating so little

Ok, I asked before giving any other answer because I was concerned that you may have an eating disorder and need extra help. I would definitely up your calories. 1200 is the absolute minimum for women, eating 800 (and netting far lower) is going to make you sick if you continue...are you not already tired and grouchy?

No I drink loads n loads of water lol, I defo don't have a eating disorder hun wen I have a bad day I don't stop eating lol, I'm just very strict wen trying to b good lol, yeah I am tired a lot but put it down to my job and 2 kids etc but it still dunt stop me doing stuff I still get on with it lol, thank you for your concern tho hun xx
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    1800-1900, dropping ~1 lb per week right now

800 calories a day sounds like hell on earth