Sick of being fat

Options
This week I'm in South Carolina. My uniform pants top bottom just popped off. This is my second pair of pants mind you. I already outgrew the first size they issued me. I was a size 36 when they hired me. Now I have to order size 40 pants. I've tried meal replacement shakes plans like Body by Visalus, pills like CT360 plan at GNC. I count calories. I try to walk every hour, 10000 steps a day. Doesn't matter. Just keep getting fatter.

Replies

• bininj
    bininj Posts: 77 Member
    Options

You have to be totally committed. Get a thin photo and put it up somewhere. Keep carbs below 50. Eat more fat and protein. Eat 3 meals a day. Never miss a meal. Log EVERYTHING you eat. Drink plenty of water. Protein keeps you so satisfied that you won't crave sugar. So keep up your protein intake. Good luck. Keep us all updated so we can all support each other
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    add another exercise to your walking. or walk further and/or faster.
    Take a zumba class or a boot camp.

What is your height and your weight?
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Be honest with yourself... are you really eating in a calorie deficit and consistent with your diet? Do you drink any alcohol? Do you eat junk food?
  • amandavgomez
    amandavgomez Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I track everything and if I'm not sure I choose the option with the highest calories just in case when recording things. If i eat a tictac, I log it.

I stopped drinking caffine. I go with bottled water 90% of the time. My Dr put me on a pre diabetic diet once, 60 carbs per meal/snack. I died. I can't cut carbs. I'm to tired. I try to limit everything in excess. Small portions. Eating frequently and only till I'm no longer hungry.

I'm in a hotel in South Carolina right now with a tiny mini fridge, no freezer and no microwave. The only produce I'll be eating is the kind you can eat raw or order from a restaurant. I'm working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week when I'm on the road. Back home I work nights and have kids. Adding excersize is very difficult. Not happening on the road but I'm trying back home.

I prefer drinking a protein shake made with milk to eating food most days. It's simple and easy.

Soonas i figure out how to open my diary I will. I like that idea. Thanks for all the replies.
  • amandavgomez
    Options
    Oh i forgot to answer, I'm 5'5" and 210 lbs
  • andrea_nichol
    andrea_nichol Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you haven't already go to your doctor and ask to have your thyroid checked.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Stress from long hours, night shifts, etc is an uphill battle... you may want to consider a new job with normal hours
  • amandavgomez
    Options
    Stress from long hours, night shifts, etc is an uphill battle... you may want to consider a new job with normal hours

I have worked nights most my life. I really don't mind it, plus we avoid child care costs this way. One day I hope to get promoted and be on 1st shift. When my kids are older. I love responding with State Farm Catastrophe Team. I pretty much love my job all around.

I bought a fitbit last month and have been keeping track of my steps, active minutes, and sleep. Logging my food with MFP has taught me a lot about what is good for me and not so good for me. I am willing to make small changes. I have cut way back on sugars, carbs, and try harder to add good things.

I've had all the bloodwork you can have done to test for diabetes, heart disease, thyroid problems, vitamin difficancies.... you name it. For no medical reason I continue to gain weight. 40 lbs since starting this job.

I have a theory that I have no metabolism so if I don't work out at a high intensity for at least an hour a day I gain non stop.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale to weigh everything?