Pizza or Burger: What's Worse???

Options
Karb_Kween
Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
edited October 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Pizza and burgers are really made up with the same criteria of ingrediants. They both usually when made to its fullest extent contain all the basic food groups - veggies, protein and bread

But they also contain fat, salt and sugar

But whats worse ? Is there a better one over the other? A greasy burger or greasy slab of pizza?

Debate below!

Replies

• Karb_Kween
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It's really not a debate. There are so many varying factors for either one, there's no point even comparing them. Apples to oranges.

Yeah I was gonna make an ingrediants thing but it was too hard for my brain

But I was thinking anyway people can try think for me haha
  • Red_Pill
    Red_Pill Posts: 300 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    But a burger is mostly meat and a pizza is mostly bread

This is true but when I'm biting into a generously topped meaty or chicken pizza I actually forget there's bread in my mouth. The *kitten* is so magnificent in your mouth. I take it you prefer burgers then. Is this an occasion type meal btw?
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

Depends how you make 'em.
  • Karb_Kween
    Options
    Red_Pill wrote: »

This is true but when I'm biting into a generously topped meaty or chicken pizza I actually forget there's bread in my mouth. The *kitten* is so magnificent in your mouth. I take it you prefer burgers then. Is this an occasion type meal btw?

I actually prefer pizza because I don't struggle to keep it together

Whenever I have a burger lettuce falls, tomatoes fall Im like *kitten*.. This is too much of a struggle

Then your hands get all sloppy with mayo (or greek yogurt) and meat juice

God...
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

You've clearly never experienced the wonder that is the meatza. Not a bit of bread in sight.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    So glad you asked this. I think pizza is more nutritious only because its the lesser of two evils.

One pizza slice has 295 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated), 38g carb, 10g protein. (Bet you can't eat just one).

A 1/4 lb burger and bun (without cheese or condiments) has 360 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated), 23g carb, 25g protein.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    So glad you asked this. I think pizza is more nutritious only because its the lesser of two evils.

One pizza slice has 295 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated), 38g carb, 10g protein. (Bet you can't eat just one).

A 1/4 lb burger and bun (without cheese or condiments) has 360 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated), 23g carb, 25g protein.

actually pizza per slice will vary from place to place or how its made,what its made with,toppings,etc and so on. same way with a burger
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    How about a burger but with 2 slices of pizza instead of buns?

I am definitely doing this one day.
  • Karb_Kween
    Options
    how bout a burger with two pieces of pizza as the bun.. .now that sounds like a good time haha.

I think youre ruining the joy of the pizza and burger separate

They have to be enjoyed as one