Worst fitness-related injury you've had?

Options
daedae171
daedae171 Posts: 247 Member
How bad have you injured yourself doing anything pertaining to fitness or being active?

I've torn my ACL and MCL in high school when I was football. Worst pain of my life.

Replies

• shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Broken femur from racing motocross. I was only 12 or Recently it was a tear in my quarter from squatting.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Snapped a leg playing football.

I didn't know that it was broken and played on it for a week; it hurt.
  • daedae171
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Snapped a leg playing football.

I didn't know that it was broken and played on it for a week; it hurt.

Football injuries are no joke. I've also broken my left hand quite a few times.
  • LuminaStele
    LuminaStele Posts: 85 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Broken elbow doing gymnastic flips
    Mcl sprain playing football (American).. since its cartilage it stretched and now my knee bends too far the wrong way sometimes... gives me the heeby jeebies when it happens.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Snapped right arm snowboarding when I was 13. Tore left RC 8mo ago.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I slipped on a peddle when standing, while riding my bicycle; when I was 8 years old & slammed my crotch, onto the bicycle's frame! I walked like a cowboy, for over week & couldn't sit, I literally did everything standing, stood over the toilet & couldn't even bend over to lean on a desk, to do assignments; so I wrote my work against a wall & held my plates, when eating!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Pulled a muscle in middle school when trying to do a jump. That really hurt and I couldn't walk for a while!
  • Pathmonkey
    Pathmonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Zip Lining....face planted into 3' wide pine tree 40' up. Scarred forehead, bruised everywhere lucky to be alive. Can't wait to do zip again idiot that I am lol.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    torn the major glute muscle doing split drops.
    And I've broken 2 ribs on my left side... 6 week later I broke 2 ribs on the other side doing the same trick on the pole.. yeah I'm not the brightest
  • THS2SHALLPASS
    THS2SHALLPASS Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    broke my pelvis squatting 685lbs 2 weeks ago. hurt like hell when It happened and still hurts!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Broke a toe while stretching (at home).

Ripped 3 ligaments in my foot going down stairs, to a pilates session.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I got hit by a car doing 35 to 40 mph while I was doing hill repeats on my bike. Woke up in the middle of the road with no idea how I got there. Spent a day in the hospital. Scariest part was when one of the doctors told me they were ordering another CT scan and "Just because you were able to get up and walk to the bathroom doesn't mean your back isn't broken. We need a better look."
    daedae171 wrote: »
    Worst pain of my life.

A thing with my tooth. Much, much worse than getting hit by a car.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    *kitten* up a nerve in my foot. Can't point my right toes towards me without pain and if I stand too long my whole right leg starts to go numb.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Herniated disk in my C6/7
  • Pathman1
    Pathman1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I slipped on water getting out of the shower once and fell flat on my azz. Really bruised my ego.
  • Starman02
    Starman02 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Broke both of my feet at the same time in May. I was a frickin penguin trying to wabble around in my air boots LOL
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Compound fracture of my collarbone and fractured my C1&C2 on a major uneven bar mistake in gymnastics when I was 15. That was....a doozy.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Dislocated my shoulder during a wrestling match during my senior year in high school.
  • daedae171
    Options
    I can also say that I've had lots of head and face injuries, but they were mainly knots and cuts and huge bruises. Never been KO'd though! Lol