Trader Joes

mari5466
mari5466 Posts: 137 Member
edited October 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Is anyone else as obsessed with Trader Joes as I am? I love all their products. Anyone have a favorite? Anything that helps you stick with your weight loss goals?

Replies

• _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    I love cookie butter but it isn't a help to my weight maintenance. :'(
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited October 2016
    I shop there but can't say I'm obsessed w/TJoes. I find it expensive for most items, so I just pick and choose when I go there, looking for things on sale or priced competitively w/other stores.

Actually, just stopped in a few mins ago and bought some ground coffee (2lbs for $9.99), a lb of dried Turkish apricots for under $5 and a pkg of basil for $3, which were the best deals I saw today.

The only "must buy" item for me at TJoes Is the pre-made Hollandaise sauce. It's the only place that I know that sells it. Saves me the time/trouble to make it when I want to have some Eggs Benedict for breakfast Yum! :)
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I like their Greek yogurt better than any other brands I have tried.
    Honey wheat pretzel sticks are good.
    I always get their General Taos sauce and green curry sauce for stir frys.
    Peanut butter filled pretzels are evil.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Thai Chilli Lime Almonds :)
  • mari5466
    mari5466 Posts: 137 Member
    I like their Greek yogurt better than any other brands

I agree!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Not obsessed but I do like to go once in a while and treat myself to some special treats. love the apple and almond stuffed pork chops, the mushroom risotto, the honey vanilla greek yogurt and I always look for some interesting cheeses.

My repeat buys are the Brussel Sprouts, Thai Red curry sauce, Palak Paneer, Brown rice Medley, red and green lentils and the couscous blend which I forget the name of.

I only visit a TJ's once every couple of months as I prefer Aldi's for my general week to week shopping.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 217 Member
    Not going to lie - I go for their dark chocolate, anything 70% cacao. Best prices and some of the better massed produced supermarket chocolate you can find.
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Totally obsessed. Most my diary is trader joes. I like the turkey meatballs, hash browns, greek yogurts, mmm. The orange chicken is SO GOOD , better than takeout IMO, but not that great for ya lol
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,310 Member
    french onion soup, veggie straws, the long frozen green beans, sour cream, yogurt, tortillias, sauces, like the red curry paste, I'm going to buy they're cauliflower "rice" next time i just heard about. Oh & I always bought their cracker type bread to make those rolled sandwiches with
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    edited October 2016
    I discovered their pumpkin spice caramel filled chocolates this past month, and those were really tasty too.
    Wait what? Oh @neldabg I may have to try those... oh boy.

Oh the Satay Peanut Sauce is also really good and pretty good nutrition label.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    im a whole foods girl myself.... but no one will ever touch TJs cookie butter.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    We make weekly trips. There are a lot of products there we're fans of. My husbands loves their coffee. My kids love their cereals and their prices for cereal are better than Shop Rite. My daughter is obsessed with the maple frosted shredded wheat.

My son is fond of their chocolate chip granola bars and yogurt shakes.

My daughter and I both like a shampoo we both started using from there. I'm a big fan of their gluten free rolled oats. I also really like their sriracha sauce and think their cinnamon and vanilla extract are the best quality for price I've found.

When I want something decadent, I adore their gluten free frosted chocolate cupcakes.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Their pumpkin spice cookie butter kinda overwhelmed me the first time, but tastes pretty good. It's a little too chunky compared to HEBs cookie butter.

TJs is more or less an impulse store for me, but I always get fennel when I go. It's the cheapest from all the stores I go to. I'm also loyal to their body wash.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    I live about 2 hours from Trader Joes, and get there about once or twice a year. That's usually often enough for me to stock up on their red quinoa, BBQ sauce, body wash, and white bean basil hummus. I just went a couple of weeks ago, though, and picked up jars of the harvest salsa with pumpkin tortilla chips, pumpkin spice cookie butter, and the pumpkin spice almond milk. I have pumpkin fever!
  • purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    I like their meringue cookies!!! They are low calorie, and so good!
  • I wish we had one close by......all this sounds so yummy!!!