From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Options

Replies

• GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look like two different people! I like the symbolism of the curvier you in front of a table of cupcakes, and the slimmer you in gym clothes...Great Job!! Enjoy the new YOU!

I like that you chose to use the word "curvier"... Lol, smart man. :lol: Thank you so much for the kind words!
  • Javachipgirl
    Javachipgirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 194 today. I'm 47. I'm scared of failure and saved your post because you inspire me. Thank you!
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    @Mandygring: Thank you!!
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I was in dire need of something to motivate me to start again. I logged onto MFP after being gone for months yesterday and I clicked success stories and there was yours. It was exactly what I needed to get me going again. I went right to the gym after reading your story. I'm 42 and 5' and I need to lose 75-80 pounds. I belong to a gym where I feel very intimidated in the weights section. To me, my gym is where people go to get more muscle not lose weight, but I'm going to work on that and get right in with those muscle guys and lift my weights. I look forward to reading all the comments here and seeing your reccomendations on weight training. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures and story. I hope one day I can do for someone what you've done for me.
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    amammaa4 wrote: »
    I was in dire need of something to motivate me to start again. I logged onto MFP after being gone for months yesterday and I clicked success stories and there was yours. It was exactly what I needed to get me going again. I went right to the gym after reading your story. I'm 42 and 5' and I need to lose 75-80 pounds. I belong to a gym where I feel very intimidated in the weights section. To me, my gym is where people go to get more muscle not lose weight, but I'm going to work on that and get right in with those muscle guys and lift my weights. I look forward to reading all the comments here and seeing your reccomendations on weight training. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures and story. I hope one day I can do for someone what you've done for me.

Thank you so much for your comment, I'm happy to share. I LOVE that you feel inspired. After you go to the gym and use the weight section a few times, you'll get used to it and be owning it soon enough! I wish you the very best on your journey. You CAN do this, I hope you're doing well. :heart:
  • blackchick46
    blackchick46 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    wow you did great and you look great also
  • Liftheavylovehard
    Liftheavylovehard Posts: 5,393 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! congrats!
  • terenceadavenport4265
    Options
    Awesome job! Very inspiring to everyone! Your hard work really paid off.
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!
  • akilia112010
    akilia112010 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You're still looking awesome. I was just told that I may pcos which would explain why calorie counting and exercise hasn't been a big success for me since I've started MFP almost 2 month ago now. Such a inspiration! Congrats!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I love the progress you've made in just 5 months!

During your pregnancy did you count calories and continue lifting?
  • Spin533
    Spin533 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi GenElizabeth,

Well done :)
    Did you use kettlebells at all and what weight you use?
    Thanks
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful inside and out. What a life story! I love you and I don't even know you. I'm starting this again and definitely following your tips. May God continue to bless your life in abundance. YOU ROCK!
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    You're still looking awesome. I was just told that I may pcos which would explain why calorie counting and exercise hasn't been a big success for me since I've started MFP almost 2 month ago now. Such a inspiration! Congrats!

Hi akilia. Thank you so much. I don't know much about PCOS but I have seen how improved nutrition and exercise really does help with many other conditions. I'd encourage you to keep up the good fight by continuing to use MFP (and lifts weights!!). Hang in there! :)

• GenElizabeth
    Options
    You look amazing. I love the progress you've made in just 5 months!

During your pregnancy did you count calories and continue lifting?

Hello Queen! And thank you so much! :)

Unfortunately, I have to say that I did not track calories or continue working out during my pregnancy (maybe a handful of times but mostly did not). When we found out, it was unexpected news so I had a lot of "adjusting" to do.. We decided to move (an hour away) to a smaller home, my daughter switched schools and there was a lot going on really fast. We didn't have gas hooked up for cooking for the first two months.. On top of all that change, I was EXTREMELY emotional the ENTIRE pregnancy, lol so that didn't help when it came to making good food choices. All I wanted was carbs and sweets... and comfort. Sometimes life is just HARD. Lol

Even 2 months pp, I was struggling with intense emotions, probably crazy hormones and a lot of stress. Things have settled down so much now though, feeling like all of that has evened itself out for the most part and I am back to lifting weights 3-4 days/week. I try to log my food when I can but I still find that I struggle for time for that so I just try to use what I've learned in the past regarding weighing food, potion sizes and reading labels. It's working pretty well so far! I am trying to slowly log more and more days though.

It just really does go to show that even through all the ups and downs in life, and there are many (even a very looong pregnancy lol), you can always get back to investing into your self improvement. I love fitness and what it does for me physically, mentally and emotionally. It's never too late for ANYONE to start or to get back in it. :heart:

Thanks for your comment and letting me answer that question!!!
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Morglem wrote: »
    You are beautiful inside and out. What a life story! I love you and I don't even know you. I'm starting this again and definitely following your tips. May God continue to bless your life in abundance. YOU ROCK!

How awesome are you, Morglem!! Thank you so much. :heart: I'm so happy to hear that, thank you. God really is good. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!