Sixers Love Yourself Challenge - Week 3

Options

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies...

tamm......lots of places to look at in one day. i love looking at places. but, after awhile they do become all one. good luck.

no pain yesterday and so far so good today. going to get my hair trimed this morning. than taking myself and DH out to lunch. i want chinese. DH gave me a funny look. not suppose to eat greasy or fried foods for right now. we had big screaming fight with son at the dinner table last night. he got his notice he has until may 1 to move out. he keeps putting things off and hasn't been saving any of his money. he could have had close to $1000 by now, if he was more careful. he spends like drinking water. anyway long story.

shanell love boos new hair cut. can't beleive donny let her cut off that much. did it get donated to locks of love?

later gater.
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I tried a step aerobics class this morning. The Y is holding a free one on Saturday mornings and this will be my new Sat. morning routine. I LOVED IT! Normally, I hate step because I am so uncoordinated. But today, even the teacher said I did really well. It was so great! PLUS, I used the calculator as my HRM hasn't arrived yet and it said I burned 447 calories during the class! WOW! I am so stoked. Today I love that I didn't talk myself out of going to that class. I had such a good time and got a GREAT calorie burn benefit. Have a great day ladies!
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Congrats Katie! We all seem to be trying something new and out of our normal routine this week. It does feel really good to try new things! That might be a good weekly goal to add to the next challenge. Trying something new wether it be a new food, a new activity, etc.

I went to my normal Weight Watchers this morning. I was down 1.6 which makes sense as I was down 2 yesterday from Tuesday and since I cant weigh in naked like I do at home the extra .4 was my clothes. I still need to lose another pound to be down to pre-Christmas weight.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    katie....i want to try step, i too am to scared to do it. the girl on wii my fitness coach uses the step, so maybe after a few lessons on the moves i will go for at the gym. good going:flowerforyou:

pdx....like the idea for next challenge, try something new.

went got hair trimmed. she went a little shorter, good, my hair grows fast. had lunch chinese with DH and stopped off at shanells to see granddaughter1's haircut. LOVE it :heart: . i know during the summer she will really like it. daddy didn't want her to cut her hair, glad he changed his mind.

well, off to take a nap.

later.....
  • chipper15173
    Options
    had to hunt for us this morning......didn't do well yesterday. will do better today. doing a workout this morning.
    off to do it.
    later
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Katie, Glad to hear you loved that step class, are you going to continue?

Lauryn, Wow! :heart: Love for killer yoga. It has so many benefits. I haven't done yoga in a while, but I will pull out my yoga dvd and do it this week.

Tamm, Sounds like your really doing good. Working out at the hotel and avoiding the junk in the vending machines is such a great change. Good for you:flowerforyou:

Amylou, looked for the supercute top photos today. Don't forget to post them.

I love:heart: that I got on the tredmill this morning even though I really did not feel like it. Now if I can get all my water in for the day that will really be good. I haven't done that in a while.

Have a great day.:happy:
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Deb, thanks for thinking of asking me that, a form of accountability, I LOVE IT! Actually, yes, I plan to go every saturday morning to the free class. The instructor also holds a class on Monday and Wednesday evenings that I would love to go to. However, my schedule isn't going to allow for that, though I am trying to figure out how.

Ladies, last week I picked up a funny little book called "The Sound of One Thigh Clapping: Haiku for a Thinner You" by Meredith Clair. This little book is hysterical so I think I will be sharing some of those little haiku poems in my posts. I think you will enjoy them as much as I. Here is the first:

"Chocolate passes
    too quickly over the tongue,
    preferring the hips."
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited!! I was testing a recipe I invented today for cupcakes for Leith's 2nd birthday on Thursday. I want to bring some to play group but I don't want to bring the regular sugar-laden fare that causes crazy blood sugar spikes and kids who are ill on a cellular level! So I was thinking of trying to make chocolate banana muffins with a thickened version of that SUPER healthy raw foods chocolate fondue I mentioned a while back as frosting. There is hardly any sugar other than that which the bananas offer in both the muffins and the frosting and WOW was it ever a success!!!! They are SO delicious and I can't see why I would ever make plain old chocolate cupcakes (even my pretty healthy vegan recipe!) again. These are regular muffin cup sized muffins and are not too sweet but really nicely chocolatey and come in at only 107 cals and have 4g of protein each and 4g of fibre! YAY! AND, I've decided I'm finally going to take the advice of so many people who have said it to me and start compiling my recipes with a purpose. I don't really expect much to come of it but I figure, why not! Between what will hopefully be a very successful weight loss journey and many original and crazy healthy recipes I may as well :smile:
    Here's the recipe:

wet ing's (mix well in a large bowl):
    3 large bananas, mashed
    3 tbsp pure liquid egg white
    1/3 cup natural unsweetened apple sauce (I use homemade)
    1/4 cup agave nectar (available at natural food stores)

dry ing's (mix well in separate bowl):
    1 1/2 cups whole spelt flour (or other all-purpose flour)
    1/3 cup cocoa (no additives)
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/8 tsp sea salt

mix dry into wet just until combined, bake @ 350* for 17-20 mins

Let me know if you try them!
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Ladies, I think I have decided that I want to run a 5K this summer. Now, I am not a runner, never have been. So I know I need to begin training NOW. Do any of you have any suggestions for programs, resources, etc.? Thanks in advance for your help.
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Hey all!!

Sorry I am kind of MIA this weekend and need to get some studying done.

Deb - i posted a pic, you can't see it but the bottom is all ruching (sp?) so it is gathered and everything. This is the best one i had though. Does anyone know how to make it not be so zoomed in when its the picture by your posts? I tried it and it is basically cutting off my head and just showing my chest and that's not cool!! :laugh:

Be back later!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Well, we enter our last day of week 3... ALREADY!!! It seems like we were just expressing our amazement that week 3 was STARTING! :noway:

Katie, how great that you are going to enter a 5k!! I'm going to look into the dates tomorrow but I hope to complete my first non-walking 5k in the spring :happy: I'm nervous and excited at the thought. It means I'll have to resume my participation in C25K (couch to 5k) that I was so enjoying until I got sick in December. You should consider checking out the website c25k.com because it eases you into a running program that is sustainable and won't cause over-training.

AmyLou, did you get your studying done?

Deb, YAY YOU for getting active even when the mood wasn't striking you :drinker:

Hi everyone else - I hope you've had a great weekend! Mine was really wonderful and I was 100% on track which hasn't happened in a while. Usually they're pretty good but I have one or two moments I'd like to re-do. Nice to have a great one!

Here are my meals for tomorrow (work out will be weight training class at the gym and maybe some running before hand):

1. pumpkin apple oatmeal
    2. 3 egg whites scrambled & served on Ezekiel toast w/ salsa
    3. protein smoothie (vanilla ice cream protein powder, skim milk, 1 cup blueberries, flax meal)
    4. 1 gala apple w/ 1 3/4 tbsp almond butter
    5. chocolate protein shake made w/ skim milk
    6. yam & black bean stew over black japonica rice (left-overs!)
    7. 3 cups air-popped popcorn

Have a great day ladies! :bigsmile: :heart:

oh, my :heart: for today is that I'm moving more and more into a place where I'm nurturing myself again. I bought some nice natural, organic honey calendula body lotion today and actually used it all over after my shower tonight. I'm gaining a kind of respect for myself that I'm not sure I've known before and I LOVE that. :heart: :smile:
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Pedal- Thanks so much for the info. I will definitely be checking out that website! Also, your :heart: for the day was amazing. Developing a respect for yourself is a REALLY BIG DEAL! Well Done!

I wasn't so great this weekend food wise ladies. But, I did not succumb to temptation last night in the form of a little honey bun that was 220 cals and 12g of fat. Instead I had one little piece of Hershey's Raspberry Chocolate Bliss, YUM! Also, even though I wasn't so great, the scale still said one pound less this morning. I should be able to maintain that tomorrow just fine!

Today I have a doctor's appt. Nothing serious, just a physical, etc. Then I will head to the gym, probably get in a 30 minute run. Then grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning house. I am so excited because on Wednesday my Polar F6 should be here. Pedal, I am going to try to find the post where you gave the info about the resting heart rate. I can't wait to get it so I can be more confident in my calorie burn. YAY!

My :heart: for the day, that I am seriosly going to train for a 5k. It will be difficult with my ankle, but I think I can do it! Have a wonderful day, ladies!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Good morning!

Katie, good for you resisting the honey bun. And yay on a loss! I've had a loss over the last couple of days too and I just couldn't wait so I updated my ticker. Down to 168lbs. I HOPE I've finally kissed the 170's goodbye for GOOD!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I did my Friday weigh in today. I'm the same as I have been for weeks now... 159.
    The bad news, I'm not losing any weight.
    The terrific news, I've not gained an extra pound in all my emotional overeating.
    Phew.... :yawn: I need a nap.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    heh heh
    My boss left a slice of chocolate cake on my desk for me this afternoon.
    Oh jeez Louise.... :laugh:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Where IS everyone????? :glasses:
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi All,

Amylou, Cute photo and sorry I don't know how to unzoom it.

Pedal, Mmmm I wonder if I could try those cupcakes out on my family for the superbowl this weekend. You are really on a roll; leaving the 170's sounds like a great place to be. Good for you. You're awesome.

Katie, Thanks for sharing the little poems with us. I can always use a good laugh.

I had a meeting this morning and am working on homework now. I didn't get my exercise in yet today and hope to at least get in a little yoga from my dvd.

Is anyone cooking anything special for the superbowl? I am not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in. :noway:

Have a great day:laugh:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Well hello strangers! I'm still hanging on to this danged cold, but the coughing is mostly cleared up. If only I could get my nose and sinuses to be well too! I was absolutely shocked this morning when I stepped on the scale, because I'm down quite a bit, can hardly wait til tomorrow to share! Of course, I didn't eat dinner last night (went to take a 3rd nap of the day at 4:30, woke up at 11 PM, ate a bowl of ice cream and went back to bed and slept until 5 this morning), so that may have something to do with it...

Amylou, possibly open the picture in your paint program, then save it as a jpeg. I've had to do that to shrink my pictures to a size that's acceptable on different websites, otherwise they are too big bytewise. Don't know if that will help with the zoom thing though.

Still no exercise, I might hop on the wii fit for a bit. Not sure though... Just made the most delicious protein shake for my afternoon snack. I used my vanilla mix, with almond milk, and added a tablespoon of pistachio SF/FF pudding mix. YUMMMMMMMMMM It was decadent!
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Good evening ladies!

I hope everyone's weekend was good..

I just wanted to come check in quickly..and also put down that I am going to the gym after I eat dinner..Otherwise I believe I will just eat dinner, and curl up on the couch or in bed. This will now hold me accountable :tongue:

I changed my ticker to show how much I have left to lose.. I really cant believe it is only 30lbs left! I will be at 140lbs then, and I may reevaluate and change to 125-130lbs. It just depends how well I can maintain and how my body feels. I am 5'2 so my "healthy" range is from 101 to 136lbs.

Anyway, I will come back when I get home from the gym...Thankfully they are open til 10pm so I can take my time :bigsmile:

See ya in a bit Lady Sixers...

:heart: