Apple Watch users

Options

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Those of you with higher move goals, do you have more active jobs or lifestyles in general? My move is 350 currently and if I didn't work out I would struggle to make it most days. I work at home and although I'm up and down a lot it's really not that much overall on a quiet day where I stay home. Yesterday was a minimal day for me - work at home, went to Costco and Ralph's and then did 30 minutes on the treadmill and I got just over 400 move cals I think. I'm impressed with those of you up at 700!
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Mine is 230. Last week I put 500. Never met it. So I went down
  • gojaqs
    gojaqs Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my new watch tomorrow - so right now, I don't know how it works. ;)
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I randomly picked 500 for my goal. I'm a Massage Therapist so I get 1/2 to 2/3 the way with my job. I am on my feet most of the day. But I have been able to get just over 200 calories burned with workouts now.
  • brileylmt
    Options
    gojaqs wrote: »
    I'm getting my new watch tomorrow - so right now, I don't know how it works. ;)
    I love the Watch. Worth the cost! I get obsessed with trying to reach my goals.
  • brileylmt
    Options
    I'm getting my Apple Watch in the next couple of weeks! Can't wait to join you guys! :)

It will be great to add you to my sharing. My address is in the earlier comments but I can always message you.
  • brileylmt
    Options
    I'm watching everyone that I have added to my activity sharing. I feel like a dud this week. You all are doing so great.
    Feel free to motivate by sending a message through and I'll do the same. Looks like we have a good group here. Awesome!!!
    If you send the message by the activity sharing, it shows up as a text. The first one I got like that caught me off guard. I'll have to send them
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    Yep I got one as a text too, a text from email. I think it'll depend on how your cloud and messaging is set up.
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    There was a update a few days ago. I didn't know until today.
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    Yes I just downloaded it last night. I think it's just bug fixes, but a lot of people on the AW subreddit say it hugely improved their battery life.
  • jakes2011
    jakes2011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Those of you with higher move goals, do you have more active jobs or lifestyles in general? My move is 350 currently and if I didn't work out I would struggle to make it most days. I work at home and although I'm up and down a lot it's really not that much overall on a quiet day where I stay home. Yesterday was a minimal day for me - work at home, went to Costco and Ralph's and then did 30 minutes on the treadmill and I got just over 400 move cals I think. I'm impressed with those of you up at 700!

When I started toward the end of September, my assigned goal was 630. Luckily, after a week, my watch learned enough about me to know I wasn't hitting my target most days. It reset down to 410 and I was able to meet that for a week. It keeps wanting me to increase more than I'm willing to! I am increasing it every week though. My current target is 470. I sit at a desk most of the day, so I have to make an effort to get up and go for a walk at lunchtime - if I don't, I won't hit my target.
  • jakes2011
    jakes2011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love the Watch. Worth the cost! I get obsessed with trying to reach my goals.

That is sooo me! I am loving that aspect - challenging myself. I don't want to break my streak, even if it means dragging my butt out at 8pm in the cold & dark!
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options

Mine is 400 - when I work from home I don't hit it unless I go to the gym. When I commute into the office and to my various clients I actually get really close and sometimes just need a short walk to hit it. I try to walk between my office and client sites as much as possible. When I go to the gym after work that's when I get really high move goals.
  • jwebb949
    jwebb949 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 600, but according to the health app I've have averaged 833 a day for the last month. I'm reluctant to adjust it too radically as I only hit above 700 on the days I've been doing strength training and cardio... Cardio days I've been lazy. I'll earn 2-300 on a treadmill, and then the rest walking back and forth to the office kitchen getting in my 64oz of water.
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    Next week I'll move to 300
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    I never checked my average, and it appears to be 532. That's spiked by my two skate nights though, I don't think I would be in reach of that on an average day even with half an hour on the treadmill. I've been increasing my workouts a little but I don't have unlimited time every day to spend on them.
  • smariere
    smariere Posts: 611 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Just got my apple watch yesterday and I would love to have friends for added accountability and motivation. My apple id is [edited by mods]
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    Yay more people. I notice some of you have been slacking. Get moving!
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    I have people coming over tonight for a little Halloween type evening. I need to get some kind of workout in before it's too late. I want to burn some calories so I can snack with everyone but I'm also feeling like a good long stretch might be nice.
  • Misspinklift
    Options
    Go for it