tats/ ladies only

Options
1235»

Replies

• 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    upload your pictures to photobucket...(you may have to edit and resize the pictures to get them to show up)...copy the URL code and paste into this forum..make sure you change the uppercase "IMG" to lowercase "img"

• phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    If you are unsure or need convincing by others then I would say dont have one done. I have 8 that I have had done ov er the last 20 years, some I would get rid of and some I wouldnt. But you need to be 100% sure..then go away and think about it for 6 months, come back and if you still want a tattoo and the you want the same one you wanted 6 months prevous, then go have it done. But if you um and ah or change your mind on the design then don't do it becuase the chances are that after a while (could be several yrs etc) you'll look at it and think 'hmmm'.
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I may just be of a different age, but I don't get the tatoo thing. They came into fashion after I passed my 20's & 30's. Had they been so popular when I was young, I would have probably gotten at least one. I just can't see marking up my body -- even though some of them are beautiful, with ink that will be there for ever. Knowing how gravity changes ones body with age, I would think that a tatoo could become distorted and ugly as one grows older.

If you are unsure, don't do it.
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I have two tats.

My first one is now 18 years old and is of purple roses on the outside of my left ankle. I'm going to be getting it covered with something else when I can decide what I want to replace it with. I had wanted a panther in a passive pose but they didn't have one and cos I was young and stupid and wanted a tattoo I looked in a book and picked it out. Am very lucky I chose a design I still like and am happy with even if it doesn't have much meaning.

My second one is a year and a half old and is the tibetan tam for the goddess Green Tara - done in green of course. I was home on holiday and a buddhist monk who had studied and worked with the Dalai Lama was there doing a sand mandala of the Green Tara. I talked to him for a bit and had been wanting to get another tattoo for ages but hadn't been able to decide on the design. I asked if it would be okay to have a tattoo done of the tam and he said yes and drew it for me. So the tattoo has great meaning for me and is truly unique as the stencil was taken from his drawing for me. Oh, he was very excited that my name is Tara as well.

For around 15 years I've been planning on getting a phoenix somewhere but haven't found a design I am happy with and also, now that I've taken up scuba diving and am passionate about it I've decided to have a custom design done. A phoenix and a water dragon making a yin yang. I also know who i'd like to have design it so it's just a matter of saving up the £650 for the design and then again the money for the actual tat.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    n834165533_6515791_8279148.jpg

love this! I really want lilies...I think I found one that will run up and twist around the ankle from the foot :)
  • dawnelaine96
    dawnelaine96 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    t3.jpg
    t1.jpg
    t2.jpg
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I may just be of a different age, but I don't get the tatoo thing. They came into fashion after I passed my 20's & 30's. Had they been so popular when I was young, I would have probably gotten at least one. I just can't see marking up my body -- even though some of them are beautiful, with ink that will be there for ever. Knowing how gravity changes ones body with age, I would think that a tatoo could become distorted and ugly as one grows older.

If you are unsure, don't do it.

I didn't get mine because it's in fashion. I definitely think THAT'S a bad idea. I got mine for me, as reminders of where I was in my life when I got them. They're a road map of my life. Even if they do change as I age, I don't care. They're there for me and no one else, and I'll still love them when they're ugly.
  • 69mustang
    Options

love this! I really want lilies...I think I found one that will run up and twist around the ankle from the foot :)

Thanks :) I got this one to represent my dad, I gave him a bunch of Tiger Lilies out of my garden to replant into his and he loved them. I have been wanting to add to this one and have it go up around my ankle too. You'll have to post a pic of yours after you get it done, I'd love to see it :)
    My foot got really swollen for about a week after I had it done so be prepared in case it happens after you get yours done...
  • katapple
    Options

Thanks :) I got this one to represent my dad, I gave him a bunch of Tiger Lilies out of my garden to replant into his and he loved them. I have been wanting to add to this one and have it go up around my ankle too. You'll have to post a pic of yours after you get it done, I'd love to see it :)
    My foot got really swollen for about a week after I had it done so be prepared in case it happens after you get yours done...

Good to know! I figured it would be painful for a week, I probably won't get it done til next year, but I found this sketch, and I love it! Where the grass/leaves are in the middle I want to put my boys' birth dates:
    http://www.tatt-oo.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/lily-tattoos-on-side-2.jpg
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    Ok here is a pic of mine on my chest.

2011-06-02_11-39-11_21312.jpg
  • MondaysChild81
    MondaysChild81 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Always get a tattoo if you want one!
    Do not worry about ageing!

Of course our skin will sag making them distorted and even faded over the years but
    we wont be flashing our wrinkly flesh then anyway! - tattoo or no tattoo!!!

Enjoy your body, its a canvass, modify it too your hearts content!
  • 69mustang
    Options
    Good to know! I figured it would be painful for a week, I probably won't get it done til next year, but I found this sketch, and I love it! Where the grass/leaves are in the middle I want to put my boys' birth dates:

Thats really pretty, Are you going to get it done in color or black and greys?
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    You can see mine as my profile picture, nothing says feminine like an octopus attacking a ship! Anyway, I was 29 before I started this tattoo (it is my first and so far only one). I was always worried that I would regret it after I got it, or that it would look weird when I got older, and then I realized that people already look weird when they get older, adding a bit of ink isn't going to make you look any weirder than saggy boobs or varicose veins anyway. (My opinion).
  • katapple
    Options

Thats really pretty, Are you going to get it done in color or black and greys?

I haven't decided, maybe some light color shading, but mostly black/gray... :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    You can see mine as my profile picture, nothing says feminine like an octopus attacking a ship! Anyway, I was 29 before I started this tattoo (it is my first and so far only one). I was always worried that I would regret it after I got it, or that it would look weird when I got older, and then I realized that people already look weird when they get older, adding a bit of ink isn't going to make you look any weirder than saggy boobs or varicose veins anyway. (My opinion).

haha no doubt, we're all going to have blue hair and mis-matching knee highs...sagging tattoos are the least of our worries...I always tell people that I'm not the only one going to have faded and sagging ink in the group home, we'll all be comparing what our tattoos USE to be...I'm due for another, I have 3 in mind to choose from...but I think I'm going to go with the inside of my arm first