When did you stop feeling 'fat'?

Options

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    There are two times in my life when I look in the mirror and don't feel fat.

Time 1 is when I don't care about my appearance/health at all and don't see myself as fat even if I am fat.

Time 2 is when I do care about my appearance/health but have managed to put in enough time to lose weight down to about 15% bodyfat.

In either case I feel about the same about myself, if anything its time 2 I tend to be more critical of my apperance...time 1 I really just don't care.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You're halfway to your normal BMI so it's unrealistic to "feel like" you're of a normal weight, because you aren't, per the numbers. Be patient, stick to your plan, go with the flow, and you'll get there!

I've lost 148 lbs and some days I still feel fat and other days I feel great!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    At around bmi 21 and below I don't feel fat any more. Its always been like that for me, I feel uncomfortable over 140 pounds.

Added to this; I haven't felt 'fat' really, even at higher weights. I think I feel too big, or too thick.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that part of me will always think of myself at least as formerly fat. I'm down 85 pounds, and 15 from my goal. I'm about 5 pounds from the "optimal" BMI range. I wear a women's size 2-6 pants and extra small-medium shirt, depending on the brand. But I spent all my life up to this point being fat, so that mindset isn't going away so easily.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I still feel fat a lot of the time below goal in a size zero even though my logical mind knows the difference. It doesn't just go away at a certain number imo
  • NancyYale
    NancyYale Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    116 down so far and 4 pounds to that so called healthy weight mark, and I still feel fat much of the time. Dressed, not so much. But the loose skin makes it tough. It's STILL worth it, though.
  • Rawr619
    Rawr619 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have yet to not feel fat :neutral: I went from 5' 5 164 to 132 and still felt fat. I've since gained some weight (currently 138), and I have been feeling really fat lately. I am hoping when I get to 125-130 I will feel differently. I am athletic and muscular and others tell me I look great, but I am my worst critic (like most people). Logically, do I recognize I am not overweight? Absolutely. But that doesn't keep me from still being selfish conscious about my size.
  • janekana
    janekana Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think it's more a body image problem than it is a weight loss problem, because I have friends who are quite skinny already but feel as if they're not satisfied, and so are joining me in losing that extra weight.

I think trying out new clothes would help, you don't have to buy them, just window shop and try them. When you find that you need to find clothes that are a size smaller and that you actually look good in them, that may set off your "Aha!" moment :)
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I lost 90 lbs and I don't feel fat anymore. It took time though. My body isn't perfect but I wear a size small clothing comfortably in pretty much every brand and people who never knew me when I was obese will comment about how "tiny" I am.

That being said, I didn't really feel fat at 210 pounds either. I knew I was fat and when I saw pictures of myself I would feel shocked at how huge I looked, but honestly didn't feel how I looked. Probably how I let myself get so big. Now when I see pictures, I see a skinny woman.
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have days I feel fat and days I feel thin. I dont like it but I think that's pretty normal though.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I went from a 40 BMI to a 21 BMI and never stopped feeling fat.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I feel incredibly attractive and sexy regardless of my weight when given positive attention from someone I am attracted to.

I feel like a giant no matter what I weigh if I'm around petite people.

I feel like a normal person around most people in my home state (Minnesota) no matter what I weigh.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    joelo_1119 wrote: »
    When I was able to fit into Abercrombie and H&M jeans lol

I'll probably never fit into H&M since they cut straight and I'm built curvy. They just wouldn't fit properly.

But I think I could wear Abercrombie. I'll have to go to the mall and try them on. I looked at their size chart. I think I'd be either a 0 or 2 there.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

I'll probably never fit into H&M since they cut straight and I'm built curvy. They just wouldn't fit properly.

But I think I could wear Abercrombie. I'll have to go to the mall and try them on. I looked at their size chart. I think I'd be either a 0 or 2 there.

In the US I wear a size 0 or 3. So naturally I assumed since my waist is about 24 inches I'd wear a size 24.

LOL

Not only does the h&m near me NOT carry anything above a 24, the cut is straight up and down. I can even get them over my thighs let alone my butt. But then again most women I've seen that can wear them are what I'd call "waifish" and have stick/model legs.

:neutral:

P.s. I think there's something wrong with the sizing at Abercrombie because last I went in I fit into a double 00. And yet I was wearing a size 6 at New York and Co at the time.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

In the US I wear a size 0 or 3. So naturally I assumed since my waist is about 24 inches I'd wear a size 24.

LOL

Not only does the h&m near me NOT carry anything above a 24, the cut is straight up and down. I can even get them over my thighs let alone my butt. But then again most women I've seen that can wear them are what I'd call "waifish" and have stick/model legs.

:neutral:

P.s. I think there's something wrong with the sizing at Abercrombie because last I went in I fit into a double 00. And yet I was wearing a size 6 at New York and Co at the time.

Confirmed to stay away from H&M then! I've had some recent muscle growth in my calves from running and I'm having trouble peeling all my skinny jeans off my legs as it is. I just bought these pants too. This happened in the past three weeks or so.
  • sinbos
    sinbos Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    One Day, most likly just after you bought new fitting clothes you will see your reflektion in a window and you will think 'dang, im hot'. But then the next morning you look into your bathroom mirror and you go all arghh im stil as fat as ever :-(
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Took this picture last night, and yeap, still fat. Nowhere near enough vascularity or definition. I'd wager I'm probably around 14-15% these days, which is still about 5% too high. I suspect that I'm about another three years out from my body and lift numbers conspiring to make me passable.
    hl4ymcl0ixak.jpeg
    Never stop pushing yourself. It's now almost hilarious for me to look at pictures of myself when I was 25, and 100 lbs. more foul.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Took this picture last night, and yeap, still fat. Nowhere near enough vascularity or definition. I'd wager I'm probably around 14-15% these days, which is still about 5% too high. I suspect that I'm about another three years out from my body and lift numbers conspiring to make me passable.
    hl4ymcl0ixak.jpeg
    Never stop pushing yourself. It's now almost hilarious for me to look at pictures of myself when I was 25, and 100 lbs. more foul.

You seem to have some loose skin too though. That definitely makes things more difficult.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    hl4ymcl0ixak.jpeg

You seem to have some loose skin too though. That definitely makes things more difficult.

The back is notably worse than the front too. I am hesitant to deal with the removal process though. Besides, I think I'd rather keep all of the skin and stretch marks around to remind me of why I should never let food and laziness get the better of me again.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I haven't yet. I'm down 85 lb, in the middle of the "overweight" BMI, and still have Dunlap's Disease.