NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,230 Member
    Options
    gemwolf Maybe ask your aunt if you and your mom could come over and help her with the dinner prep. win-win You get good food and cooking time with mom Your aunt gets the blessing of hostessing and less stress.
    Yaaay on getting the candy out of your house. I had picked up a piece of candy and then said You don't need this today You had some yesterday and put it back. Baby steps for me.

trooworld I need to get my flushot. I forgot. I'm hoping my new timeslot for exercise will be good for me. Today was good I walked for 40 min. A stray dog kept following me and jumped up on me twice. Scared me to death. White german shepherd. I used to have one of those years ago and think it was the ghost of Novembers past. lol

lore I have a new head of cauliflower I need to make something with. I'm leaning towards the tater tots

mysticlizard yikes on the wedding menu I wonder why we can't go back to the old days of just natural food that everyone eats. Enjoy your family. Make some good memories. Wow on the 669 day streak. Awesome

I made eggplant lasagna tonight. Trying out new recipes.

posted
    tracked; under cals and carbs
    Goals tracked dinner on time Met exercised Met
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Morning:
    I had an emotional melt down yesterday morning and new I couldn't write on here and sound sane..by the time I got myself together, it was time for work. I didn't get home from church until 9 and didn't sleep real well, but today is another day!!

I have tracked and stayed the course so far, I am not getting my 10K steps in, but I did walk 30 min yesterday on my treadmill. I am working from home this week, so not as much movement. We were supposed to move into our new building on Monday, but the TI work wasn't done..so we all work from home or our warehouse or something. I chose home. :)

It's good to see everyone posting. I will try to catch up today, but no promises. I love the new ideas on food and new recipes. Let's keep sharing those. I am not cooking for me this week, so no new ones from me this week. You guys seem to be the good cooks. :)

Believe# I am so happy to see you here, I know you have a new name, but you will always be Believe to me!! :)

@mysticlizard Enjoy your trip. My mom used to say..let's make an adventure..and she would take my sister.LOL I am not the adventurous type. :)
    @gemwolf110 LOL right after church all the guys were trying to get the game on the screens at church, me I waited till this morning and checked the headlines. :)
    @theslightedgeforever great job on your exercise. Keep sharing those recipes
    @lore11a Morning!
    @trooworld I hope you are feeling better. I won't get the flu shot, I know it will make me sick. Maybe someday I will change my mind.
    @stephanieoney21 Oh my so glad you found us!! Don't be a stranger, I miss you!!
    @bugmom92 Thanks for sending our friend this way..I hope you get rid of the cough.
    @dawnemjh Morning!
    @vingogly Morning!
    @peruviansweetie Morning!

Okay I am sure I missed someone, :(

Gotta run get ready for the day!

Cbabie

Goals:

Track!
    Exercise 30 min
    Vitamins (been forgetting lately) :)

• stephanieoney21
    stephanieoney21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
    cbabie I have been missing you and everyone else.
  • stephanieoney21
    Options
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    gemwolf Now the Christmas cookies and candy starts. So we all need a plan for that. Great game 7.

cbabie Maybe step out of your comfort zone. Go wild and be adventurous. Then when you come back to your current life, it will appear bland. lol Last year was the first year I got the flu shot. Keep walking and tracking. Have you figured out a way to put on the brakes yet? How about one hour? Just concentrate on you

stephanieo what exercise are you doing today?

Hello to the rest of you

posted
    tracked under cals and carbs
    Goals exercise Met strength training tracked dinner after eating Met

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    apq988jr1dun.jpg

So does anyone want to join me in sharing good bean or lentil recipes? I need more fiber and protein. Plus alot of good health benefits.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning! Wow where is everyone?

I tracked and was under yea
    I walked 30 min yea
    I didn't get my 10K steps in... :( in fact my sister is ahead of me. LOL

I don't have any good bean or lentil recipes. I love beans, but not everyone in my family does. I grew up
    on navy beans..I might be going to back to that. LOL

@theslightedgeforever LOL I did the wild thing in my mid 20's don't want to go there again.

Okay I hope my friends stop by and say Hi.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    cbabie How is your nighttime eating? When I meant go wild I was thinking about you choosing a different ice cream flavor lol I can see how your all or nothing thoughts trip you up. If the family doesn't like the beans or lentils then they can eat something else. Since you have never made the recipe yet, they just might like it. Go to Pinterest and search. Choose the first one that comes up. Add the ingredients to your next shopping list. Plan a time/day for you to cook.30-45 min out of your 24 hr day. You are doing it for your health.

gemwolf Good for you on consistent tracking. Yum beanies and weinies. Can you find a healthier recipe?

I walked today for 38 min. So that's out of the way.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I've been busy and tired and now I'm finally feeling well again.

A bean recipe...NOTE: I bake these at 350 for 20-30 minutes (flip halfway through). They are really good!

Homemade Black Bean Burgers:
    16 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
    1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
    1/2 onion, cut into wedges
    3 cloves garlic, peeled
    1 1/2 egg, or as needed
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1/2 tablespoon cumin
    1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce, or hot sauce
    1/2 cup bread crumbs
    1 small corn, canned, drained
    1 whole tomato, sliced
    1 whole avocado, sliced
    4 whole lettuce leaves
    4 whole hamburger buns, mixed grain

If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.

In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.

In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Press through a sieve to remove all extra moisture. Put mixture into a bowl then stir into mashed beans. Add corn and stir.

In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce.

Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties. Freeze formed patties for 15 minutes before cooking.

If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.\
    Assemble with tomato, avocado, lettuce on top of hamburger bun.
  • peruviansweetie
    peruviansweetie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!!
    Missing you!
  • peruviansweetie
    edited November 2016
    Options
    What!!! I just wrote a whole blog type post and all that showed was "Good evening ladies. Missing you" So annoyed right now!!!
    I'll come back tomorrow. Sorry
    Have a good night!! So angry
  • peruviansweetie
    edited November 2016
    Options
  • stephanieoney21
    Options
    Good evening everyone.

Peru hi long time see you. Been missing you all!
  • stephanieoney21
    Options
    theslightedgeforever- hello. Today I helped my hubby unload the trailer and then we went and starte trading stuff out of a shed that was given to us by a friend.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals: I stayed within goals as much as possible. I had a pj & pie night at church last night. I took 1/4 servings of several things...it was good and I don't have any regrets. I think I am finding my balance.

didn't walk, couldn't get on the treadmill today, I have to be at church in 30 min and my DH just got up. :)
    But I have been cleaning all morning, so burned up some energy there.

Stephanie, hope you did well with your trailer stuff!!
    Peru: so sorry about your post. Come back today and share again.. :)
    @trooworld love the recipe. I should share with my daughter. She love blackbeans!!
    @theslightedgeforever I actually have been only drinking protein shakes all week, so it was good. I didn't even crave night eating. So I need to go and look at my protein, fat, etc and see why I didn't crave sweets.
    @gemwolf110 Glad you are getting back to your old self!!

okay gals gotta run.

cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @cbabie great job on the balance!

Hi all. I just got back from BodyPump and it went really well. I've been there in the past, but not for a long time. My hubby went with me and even he admitted it was a good workout. I'm getting ready to go grocery shopping to stock my cupboards with healthy foods for the week. I've got a meal plan already made and ready to conquer! Have a great day everyone.
  • kims19622016
    kims19622016 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find this as easy as WW, same info and great support and no cost
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld That recipe sounds good. I will add the ingredients to my shopping list. Thank you for sharing.

peru I hate when I lose a post. Hope all is well for you.

stephanieo Sounds like you really used those muscles.

cbabie Yaaaay on finding your balance. How about on Sundays while your dh sleeps you could do a Leslie Sansone's Walk away the Pounds video on youtube. You could view that on your laptop or Ipad type tablet if you have one. There are 15, 30, and 45 min ones depending how much time you have. You don't need a lot of space.

gemwolf I love chili in cold weather. I like to make mine in my crockpot. yum with some cornbread. Although that gets me in trouble. Its hard to just eat one piece. Look at those steps. wow

kim Welcome to the group

I exercised 4 days this week which was better than last week. So shooting for five this week.
    Calories and carbs much better this week but I need more vegetables.

posted
    tracked under cals and carbs
    Goals exercise Not met Track dinner on time Met

• stephanieoney21
    Options
    Hello everyone. I had started writing a post but then I lost it, so just going to say hello and goodnight. I am so tired, been a busy day
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals: Running late...have to be at church in 45 min and I am still sitting here.

I read the post, glad to hear from everyone. I don't have time to reply and will be gone for almost the entire day...this time of year is so crazy busy...enjoy your Sunday. I will be spending mine in the time of the Lord, friends and my own mind..LOL

cbabie