NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• SONKISSED1
    SONKISSED1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I know I said this before (probably last week), I am starting over....again! This has been a crazy few months with 2 out-of-state family reunions, parents visiting from GA for a few weeks, kids and g-kids coming and going and also working most of the time. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining; I had a blast and am thankful for those precious moments. However, I am exhausted! Today is the first day in quite a while I could sleep until 7a instead of slapping the snooze button on the alarm clock at 4a :D Through it all, I lost .2 at weigh-in today. Not much, but I'll take it - especially since I haven't been trying. Although I've lost, my body does not feel to well - you know what I mean? bloated and sluggish. I miss working out due to a crazy fall I had on Father's Day (in front of IHOP, no less) and my dr. says not to walk (for exercise) or even use the eliptical (hope I'm spelling that right) until we figure out that there no torn ligaments. My plan for this weekend is to MAKE A PLAN!!! hahaha!!!

Dankas - So happy to hear about your positive results. Prayer works!

Miss you ladies and have a great day!!!
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Rainy day here so instead of sitting, I purged my kitchen, a bag of recycling, a bit of garbage and a whole lot to donate!
    It started with the pantry, couldn't find my brown sugar (forget I was out) So it got cleaned out and the I went nuts
    But the cupboard space is wonderful!
    And then cleaned a local church for a couple hrs
    And taco salad for dinner, lots of salad with some meat and tacos
    I think a pedicure is in order for this evening
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    cbabie glad you are back home Now back to your program Christmas practice already? Its not even Halloween.

lore enjoy your company and make good choices. I found I made good choices while mine was here but then this next week I seemed to quit white knuckling it and went too much on the opposite direction Plus I got sick so now I'm trying to get back into it.

jackie you changed your username. I thought that looks like Jackie. Being under calories is an accomplishment and tomorrow work on quality of food. yummm taco salad. Haven't had one of those in years.

danka I bet your mom's tea and flowing goodies would be wonderful. Sounds right up my alley.

sonkissed Everyday is a chance to start over . I especially need one after this week. congrats on your loss. when do you go back to dr for green light to exercise?

well I've done nothing since I've been feeling bad. At the very least I could have eaten well. but no, I want comfort foods. Then where is the line of needing to exercise but then prolonging illness if you do. I will see how tomorrow feels. Maybe just do some walking before heading back into weight lifting.

posted
    tracked food under calories over carbs by 10
    - for exercise cals at end of day
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    It's Sunday Morning:

I told myself last night, no matter who eats or doesn't eat in my house, I am cooking healthy again. My DH came home from Wisconsin (been gone almost 3 weeks) and was talking about what his nephew told him..LOL same things I have been telling him for years. So maybe he will jump on my band wagon of good food.

Lore: enjoy your company..glad you like to mow..it's nice to be outdoors sometimes.

Jackie: Sounds like you have a productive day! How did your pedicure go? LOL You can do this, you are on the right track.

dankas: oh I love the smell of clothes that have been hung outside. I should try to do that more..LOL

sonkissed: We used to tease my brother, he would tell us what his next step was by saying that's the plan...and then never get up..so it used to be a joke with us. LOL Hopefully you'll get to walk again real quick.

slightedge: glad all your company is gone, hope you feel better..yes start with the walk..that is my plan today, it's been a week.. :)

Okay gals Sunday is a busy day for me..enjoy yours!

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    No walk today but I think I can do one tomorrow. I'm starting to feel better. Busy reading my bookclub book for Wednesday. I'll catch up later
  • cbabie
    Options
    It's Monday Morning:

Well gals its time to get back to ME..I need to take care of ME. While my DH was out of town for 3 weeks, I didn't do so well taking care of ME....I didn't take my vitamins regularly and I am now feeling it. My HIP won't move well and hurts. So back to ME. It's important girls that we take care of "me/you". Yes our world seems in much of a mess these days and some will say, do I want to live for 20 or more years? Well here's the truth, you will most likely live that long or more. It's a matter of your quality of life. I don't want to not be able to breathe, to walk on my own, I want to make my own decisions and not have them made for me. There is a scripture that says...Joshua 24: CHOOSE THIS DAY, whom you will serve!. I choose to serve God, most important for me, but then next is I choose to serve health, not the other white substance or laziness, or chaos. I chose LIFE and HEALTH...whom do you bow to?

I am going to go make my salad..and my snacks for being out of the house, then on to my walk, even if I have to crawl...then the long drive into work with my audio book of unlimited Faith in my ears. Tomorrow it will be the Christmas pageant CD in my ears..God Speaking..I will alternate as I need both. LOL

Okay gals, it's time to come back and post and put routine of health back in your calendar. Can you post for 21 Days? Can you walk for 21 days? Can you?

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    Options
    21 days?
  • SONKISSED1
    Options
    Monday morning and a clean slate with new mercies! I am so thankful to see it! Cbabie thanks for the encouragement - I am motivated and I can do this! I can walk for 21 days and post for 21 days!
    Slightedge - Dr says when I'm through with the meds and if the swelling is still there to call and arrange for an mri. The swelling has gone down although towards the end of day It returns with a little pain. I think I am ok to walk maybe around the block at a slow pace or the walking dvd.

Btw, yesterday I made a plan for today - I made breakfast, lunch & snacks for today! My goal for today is to get in 8 glasses of water.

Ok ladies - have to go and start my day! You gave a great one
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    cbabie something to ponder you focused less on yourself when your dh was gone. Logically it could have went the other way since you had more time to yourself with him gone. So think about the reasons why. what if he suddenly wasn't there? I had a good friend that was two months away from retirement. Her husband already retired. They had made so many plans and he died suddenly. I hope your hip feels better. It's my ankle now. I walked this morning for a half hour Seems always to be something lately. Right now 21 days is too off in the future for me. I can commit to tomorrow though. I will post track exercise stay within my food budget.

posted
    tracked under cals over carbs by 57
    walked 30 min
    + for exercise at end of day
  • SONKISSED1
    Options
    Good morning ladies! We have grown in the habit of putting ourselves last and as Slightedge says, what if..... This past year has been a roller coaster for me, as well. My dh had been in the hospital for 20 weeks and the drs didn't think he would make it. I was so exhausted running back and forth to the hospital and I still feel like I'm trying to catch up. I ate fast food every day and I think I only worked out once (which helped the stress, so why didn't I continue?). My family would say "you need to take care of yourself or you won't be able to care for anyone else." I'm finally getting it. My dh is doing much better and is up and about. Thank God! But, I am left with old habits. Time to make a change, wouldn't you say. :) Cbabie I hope your hip feels better and Slightedge your ankle. Yesterday I walked for about 25 minutes at a slow pace and came home and iced my ankle. Have a great day ladies!!!!!

Day 1:
    Posted
    tracked
    walked
    8 glasses of water (yay!)
  • cbabie
    Options
    It's Tuesday: Well I blew my first day. I was great until I got home and a frosty in the freezer called my name..then another, then a cookie..but I did stop myself from eating the whole container.. :) So I had better get on my own 21 day. I promise to be honest with myself and with this board. My hip is still horrible. Not sure what I did, but it hurts when I move certain ways. I did get my walk in and hit my 10K steps. I am going to try to increase my walk today, I have been slacking and only doing 20 min on the treadmill. I have ALWAYS done min 30. So today I will shoot for 25 and try to get all my other things done. Yes I agree, I need to evaluate and I don't really know what I would do if I lost my DH..sometimes I want to shoot him and tell the Lord he died, but on the whole, we make a good team. :)

goals today: walk 10K
    goals today: stay on points/calories
    goals today: laugh and not cry

I had a manager that they let go, never sure what happened, but they had their reasons...but he ALWAYS encouraged me and was good for me. Yesterday, I went backwards with my temp manager as my old old manager who had me ready for the psych couch most of my time with her...told my current manager something that just wasn't true. He "accused" me and I lost it..I WILL NOT ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN AGAIN. I am going back to the happy me and reminding myself of what my good manager would have said to me and how to handle the situations at work. We have the most drama that I have ever been in..since we merged 8-9 years ago. So putting on my happy being and junking the manipulation ones. These are the things that caused me to lose focus...

How are you days going? We didn't hear from most of the group yesterday, but hopefully today will be a new day.

slightedge: hopefully your ankle will get better and you can get your routine back. I say your trying and that's the most important part.

sunkissed: So sorry to hear about your DH and all the stress you were under. I understand that life cycle. The good thing is you recognize what caused it and you are now working on make the changes needed to get you back to the you that you want. hang in there. I had to make sure I was writing the right thing..you and slightedge both have ankle issues..LOL ice is good, walk slow is good, taking care of yourself is good. :)

Okay gals have to go get ready for my day.

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning Health_guard! Good to see you. We can both do this!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    sonkissed glad to hear you are getting better. sorry to hear about your husband You've had some struggles lately. Yes lets change our habits. Which one are you going to work on first.

cbabie so what habit are you changing? It would be an interesting exercise to write down the thoughts that go through your head as you reached for a frosty, then another then a cookie. Thoughts as you drink them, etc. Our thoughts produce our actions. We should all probably do that.

health guard Drama....mine are my friends sometimes. Sheesh we are in our 50's lol I will have to try your salsa trick.

posted
    tracked over cals and carbs
    - for exercise at the end of day
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It's Wednesday , happy hump day!
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    Today I'm getting my hair coloured for the first time, I'm going darker!!
    Just spoiling my self a little today, nails, hair ad breakfast out with my 17 yr old!
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone a bit worried about weigh in tomorrow but hopefully have had a slight loss the weather has been unusually lovely the last few days so ive clocked up a few extra miles walking this week fingers crossed hope your all well kate xx
  • cbabie
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It's Wed morning! I am SLOWLY getting back to my routines...I did get my 10K in, but went over in my points/calories. But all in all I count it a good day. I have done my walk for today, my weights for my arms and made my food for the day except dinner. Not sure what I will eat tonight. I have to be at church at 5:30 and don't get home until 8:30 or so. Wed's are long days for me. I actually think tomorrow is the same..LOL

slightedge: I have found something I used to use and it's called the 5 min journal...what am I grateful for today. I am getting back to that it was good for me. Glad to see you tracked, that's how we get to our next journey.

Health_guard: Great job on the zumba and steps. Love my smoothies.!!! :)

dankas: I have always said fear is from the enemy...don't let it get a hold of you. It's just a number, not a definition of you. Yes we want that number to be lower and you will get there. You are working towards that goal..keep that in front of you. :0 talking to my self too..LOL

jackie: oh when I used to color my hair...I loved changing colors..that's why we love being a woman..it's our prerogative. Have fun with your 17 year old.

sunkissed: hope your day is the best!! Your ankle getting better?

We have lost a couple of our newbies..Karla, Peru,where are you two?

Okay gals gotta jump in my shower and start my day.

Cbabie
  • rhondamcdonald
    rhondamcdonald Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My last day of WW is 9/28/16 because of the cost. I decided I had rather spend my money on "Club Pilates". I knew I could tract on MFP, but I was going to miss their "connect" inspiration blog. Glad to have found this group. I don't have a lot more to loose, 15 pounds. I am hoping it will be gone by 12/27/16. My biggest problem is I like to EAT ALL THE TIME. I find tracking is the only thing that keeps me accountable.
  • SONKISSED1
    Options
    Hi Ladies.... A crazy day it was! Had a huge urge for Grandy's chicken nuggets, french fries and coleslaw for lunch. I could actually taste it. I convinced myself that if I didn't eat it now, I would do worse later, so it was okay for me to be satisfied. Well, the line was too long and I had to go to the next eatery and order a grilled chicken sandwich (and fries), but I had water to wash it all down. I felt better about my choice and kinda felt proud of myself. Kinda, because deep down I knew that the only reason I made the choice was because Grandy's line was too long. Ha! Anyway, I made it through another day and I am thankful.

Slightedge- I have a terrible habit of taking on more than I can chew. In my mind I say "Oh, I can do that, and that and that" and then when it's time do all of those things, I am so overwhelmed I just say forget it to the whole lot! So, I think I will tweak my goals for these next 21 days and post and track. Good idea.... the 5 minute journal - I have a lot to be grateful for.

Jackie- I bet you look absolutely gorgeous in your new color. It's great you are pampering yourself - you deserve it. I hope you had a great time with your 17 year old! :)

Danka- The scale is like a boogieman to me. No matter how hard I try, I feel like it is truly not my friend and adds pounds just because. Seriously, I bet you'll be just fine at weigh-in tomorrow ;)

Healthguard- As uncoordinated as I am, I can't wait until I am able to zumba! Glad you're enjoying it.

Cbabie- My ankle is on the mend. I think I over did it with the walk the other day even though it was at a slow pace. I think I will continue, but on an every other day basis and see what happens. Thinking about water aerobics. I need to do something! Glad you're getting back to your routines.

Rhonda- Welcome... I love this group and believe it or not, I find using MFP works better for me because it allows me to see where the nutrients are going, as well as how much I have to "spend" in each category. It takes some getting used to, though. In WW we're trained to look at the points.

Good night all - Sleep tight! If any of you have a favorite smoothie recipe, would you share? I love smoothies, but kind of tired of the green one.

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals, it's Thursday!

Well I did better yesterday, but I was hungry when I came home from church so I ate Jif and bread....oh well. I keep trying. I made my 10K steps and tracked every stinking bite. I was over, but I know and can see where I was over, so that will help me to keep making the changes in my food habits. Thing thing I crave every day is peanuts/peanut butter/any thing that has those ingredients. I guess I always have.

Sonkissed: great job on the chicken nuggets, it's those little things that keep us going forward. Glad to hear you are healing. My smoothie is boring, I eat the same every day. But I love it..Dole frozen wild mixed fruit, scoop of protein mix, 1 frozen banana. The banana has a lot of carbs, but I really need a banana a day for my body.

health_guard: glad you made it to zumba and had fun. The elliptical always puts my feet to sleep. I know it's just because I don't walk right on it. :(

Rhonda: So glad you found us!! We post here every day and we are trying something for 21 days. What would you like to do for a consistent 21 days? I am tracking for sure and my walk/exercise. I believe in starting small and then increasing as soon as that becomes a habit. I think most of us have been to WW. I am a lifetime, but I still have a little extra weight around my middle that has come back this year and I want it off. Of course I am almost 60 and I want the body of my younger self..LOL I look at it at least this way, if I keep trying I won't put back the 57lbs that I lost right?

I think I will always track my food, until it starts to go into a tube. :)

okay gals I know my sense of humor leaves a lot to be desired. So I hope you all have a great day.

Cbabie
  • SONKISSED1
    Options
    Happy Thursday Evening!

Thanks ladies for the smoothie recipes. This will work to get me out of the dulldrums. Today I had a pretty decent breakfast - an sunny side up egg (microwaved), toast and 3 slices of already cooked bacon. I usually eat oatmeal in the mornings. Didn't try to walk today although I can feel my ankle getting stronger. I tracked at work today. Afraid that if I waited it wouldn't get done. All I have to do is dinner.

Hope everyone had a great day today (Friday, Jr.). Pleasant dreams!!!!

Posted
    Tracked