NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    danka sorry about your friend I need to get on my treadmill too.

jackie One marshmallow is good. Life is to be enjoyed. I liked the days better when I was counting fat grams. More marshmallows that way. But that is not good for my sugar levels. lol

cbabie Good for you for sticking to your plan

sonkissed Yeah those videos are not fun. But a good dose of reality. I just take these events as learning opportunities. Next time I can do better

health_guard Some of those restaurants you wonder what do they put in the food to make one meal my whole day's budget. Again learning opportunity. Next time I eat half if I really enjoyed it the first time or I choose differently. Important thing was time spent with family.

peru First days are always hard. Then after that I'm dancing woohoo school is starting :) But now I have no one at home and I'm waiting for them to finish school and get a job I had to stop my hill program on the treadmill because it made my knee hurt. It wasn't that high of an incline.

I have my sil here for a week and so I'm dealing with distractions. Today didn't really go as planned. No exercise. Mostly cooking and sitting and talking with her. She is disabled so we can't go out and walk together. I told her I'm doing exercise in the morning then. I had half piece of the sweet I baked. I have a low calorie day on Tuesday and I thought it was Monday so went over my budget. :/

My plan is to stick to my exercise plan while she's here.

posted
    tracked over cals by 89 and carbs by 57
    60 days of consistent tracking woohoo
    + for exercise at the end of the day
  • bugmom92
    bugmom92 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I read quickly and wish I had time for personals...but it's midnight and I have to be up by 7, and I have a pile of clothes on my bed to deal with. My daughter needed something that looked like '60s fashion for school tomorrow...I found a few treasures in my closet that will work...and now I have a mess of dusty clothes I'll never wear from my closet, haha.
    @peruviansweetie - I can't believe your little girl is in kindergarten...I feel like a really really old "newbie auntie" now! I remember when all of us were so excited about becoming newbie aunties with your first pregnancy...was it really that long ago??? lol. That is funny about Plant Nanny...you don't need the app to remind you to drink your water, your daughter will!

So a quick check in from the weekend...which was long, tiring, and of course I got sick. Still sniffling my nose and a little sore throat and tiny coughs, but life must go on. I didn't track, and I made pretty much wise food decisions. Had one can of soda each day (that's very little for when I go to a convention), and of course I dove into the gluten free oatmeal cookies my friend makes for me there like they were gold. All in all, my bathroom scale says I maintained, and that is good enough for me. Of course the sugar didn't help (1) my cold, or (2) my pain/inflammation, but I asked myself "Do you want pain tomorrow morning? Do you want this cold to linger?" each morning, and each morning I answered "Yes, it's worth a can of soda and all those yummy cookies.". So, basically, I made my decision each day, so I'm good with it. Back on track now. Gotta freeze all the cookies and coffee cake she sent home with me! Fortunately I'm not the only gluten free eater in the house...my daughter will help eat them! As I was pulling clothes out of my closet, I saw a couple cute things that I want to wear again. I thought about hanging one top (it sure is a cute little top...and I was only down to about 165 when I wore it) on the fridge. Now that the roommate moved out, I'm not embarrassed to put sticky notes and reminders all over the house. I didn't do it before as she is quite heavy and had weight loss surgery, but is not slimming down very quickly (no real change in eating habits) and I didn't want to embarrass her with my notes. But my house is my own again. Today I realized that I really am good with "maintaining" over long weekend conventions, and vacations. If I lose because I planned carefully, great. But if I maintain, that's awesome too.

Off to bed...well, off to clear off my bed, haha. This weekend hubby and I are going away for our anniversary to a town north of San Diego by the beach. I told him how we can choose to hike either at a place that goes down to the beach or another place in the hills, and we can walk to the beach from our hotel, and we can go up to another busier city nearby that probably has lots of Pokestops...he was good with all that. And then I told him we're going to meet up with another couple at a game store for a couple hours to play a couple of games...I have to meet the guy to pick up a game I bought from him through a FB page. My hubby laughed and said I'm like one of those husbands who plans a nice vacation for his wife just because he really wants to go golfing on a particular golf course. But since he's a gamer too, he's just teasing. It will be fun, and he'll probably like playing games at the game store better than the "romantic evening stroll on the beach", lol.
    Until tomorrow,
    Karla :-)
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It's Wed Morning gals and our board was wonderfully busy with post! YEA, I LOVE hearing from everyone. It sounds like that we all had positive things to say about our weekend even if we didn't "do the plan" LOL

I am still doing my goals...I didn't get my weights in, got up late, per say. I was in and out of bed all night and really wasn't able to sleep, so when I did fall asleep it was for a couple of hours dead to the world. :)

I went out for lunch yesterday and had a pear salad...oh my that was good. So I had to make some good choices so as not to go way over...there were caramelized walnuts in it. :) I made me a protein shake for my sweet tooth and ice cream craving.

@SONKISSED1 : glad you enjoyed your family and you know it's okay...that's whats called living life and your journey is your life. If I stay to focused on my journey I forget to enjoy it. So I try to balance...

@health_guard: Don't you just love those little surprises? LOL I do. Enjoy your zumba

@bugmom92 so glad you came away with a positive from your convention. I can hear the excitement in your post. I hope you enjoy your gaming anniversary trip..LOL I think you did great and so glad you still asked the questions and you were honest with yourself.

@theslightedgeforever : Don't you just love those holidays and it messes up your whole week on what day it is? Sorry about the hill climbing...was it maybe too steep? I know mine hurts if I am doing a 10 and walking too fast. Enjoy your SIL, and try to stay true to your goals, but know it's only a week and slight overages as long as you are not giving up/in...

@peruviansweetie : yea I don't have to go get you! I knew you would find your way home. I am so happy to see you. When my girls were in 1st & 2nd grade they had to walk themselves to school and it was a hike and I HATED it..the world wasn't as bad as it is now, but I still hated that they were little and by themselves. I had to be at work at 7 and they left for school about 7:15, they had to call me every day at 3 when they got in. The old switchboard operator (before cell phones) would give me grieve about them calling and I would tell her too bad...so I am so happy you get to walk with her to school. Enjoy that time together...soon she will be driving..LOL

@jackie_van_d : Morning!

@dankas001 Morning!

Okay, I have to get my rear in gear to make my goals.

Have a great day

cbabie
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, off and running..
    Adjustment and then a 2+hr cleaning job and a bit of gardening and then errands with hubby and oldest daughter (I dislike errand day, all the driving around)
    Hope you all have a great hump day!
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    hi everyone had great day today signed up for zumba class with my sister OMG had so much fun i was shattered after 1st dance we are going to same class on saturday hope your all well have a good night kate x
  • peruviansweetie
    peruviansweetie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!
    Didn't do too good with the eating today. I need to get back to my smoothies in the mornings.
    Second day of K for my baby girl. For some reason she cried today, but when I picked her up she was fine and said she had fun. I can't believe she's in kindegarten!!!!

I will do personals later!! But I did walk my baby to school this morning, so I got a good work out with that. She loves walking to school and that motivates me to get my activities in.
    I'm drinking my water and tracking everything!!!

Ok I'll be back later
  • bugmom92
    bugmom92 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Peru, I need to get back to morning smoothies too. How are we going to make this a challenge?
    Dankas, I love zumba when I had a gym membership. I have 2 left feet, but it was still fun. I have a friend who teaches pilates, and she makes sure that everyone goes at their own pace and she can adapt for injuries and stuff. I just haven't gotten the motivation to get up early in the morning to go try it. I also forgot to go back to aqua aerobics, now that school is back in session. Aqua class would help me a lot.
    Didn't do so good on the whole choices thing today, but back on track tomorrow. I'm still sick and I tend to make the worst choices then...choices that don't help me get better, that's for sure. I'll go to WW tomorrow evening, since it's almost 5 am and we haven't gone to bed yet. We were watching shows on Amazon Prime, haha.
    I'll be back "today", lol.
    Karla :-)
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals: it's Thursday!! I am so glad I don't have anything after work to do but to come home. YEA. Okay yesterday I stayed on task. I stayed on my food program, did my weights and walk. I got my 10K steps in. I think I am headed in the right direction. I tried not doing the protein shake in the mornings, tried it without a banana, tried vegan protein..I still do better with this recipe...Whey Protein...I am using one now with 30 grams of protein, Dole wildly Nutritious frozen mixed fruit and (1) frozen banana add water and mix..I drink this on my drive to work. It has proven good for me. So I am going to stick to it.

@SONKISSED1 : hope all is well with you!!

@health_guard: I started to feel the scratchy throat come on after I sang with a microphone someone who had been sick for a week used prior to me...(even though she "sanitized" it) I came home and put my "EO Theives" on the bottom of my feet and all good!! I do not like to be sick...

@bugmom92 You have sleep habits like my family..LOL you are taking control of your journey..I see it in everyone of your posts..great job.

@theslightedgeforever : I see your company is keeping you from us. :)

@peruviansweetie : I just hated when my kids would cry...I am such a softie. okay you didn't make the best choices, but you made choices and you came back to post about it...I think that's progress!!! :)

@jackie_van_d : that's the reason I don't like Saturdays...errands. By the time I do my shopping, take my dad shopping, put everything away..I feel like the whole "rest" day is gone. LOL

@dankas001: glad you liked the ZUMBA...sounds like our crew is zumba happy. :)

@lore11a: how are things in your world??

okay I have to go attack this day...

Cbabie
  • jackie_van_d
    Options
    It's Thursday, drippy, soggy day, gonna try for a walk this afternoon. It may be short but better then a kick in the @$$!!
  • NicRiv26
    NicRiv26 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

Been a WW member for years and had great success. Recently moved, and start attending meetings in a new location , and did not enjoy them. I became discouraged and gained some weight back. I realize the meetings I attended in my old area were fun and some how kept me focus. So I decided to leave WW and now trying to track with MFP. I am having a little diffulity. I am so use the whole point system, I have friends tell me it's really not different but I am still trying to adjust. So right now I am really focusing on my eating habits again, kind of feel like child. It's like I teaching myself how to eat, lol.

I am very disappointed in myself. For a long time I had a healthy lifestyle and because of a little change, I went back into some bad habits. So I re- focus and getting MY LIFE BACK TOGETHER. Healthy Me Here I Come!!!!

I wish everyone best of luck in there JOURNEY!!
  • peruviansweetie
    Options
    uefyerr1azcu.jpeg

Hello ladies!!
    Made this for lunch, dinner and lunch tomorrow lol.
    Tofu stir fry!! Yummy!! Now gotta figure out the points lol lol
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Quick check in. Company distracting me. I will catch up though when I have time tomorrow. Yesterday I did weight lifting but then an extra 30 min walk. She was asleep. thank goodness cause no exercise today and don't see any in my future tonight.

Now to track my food

Welcome NicVic
  • peruviansweetie
    Options
    Hello ladies!!
    Ok, so I thought the stir fry was going to last me until tomorrow, but I had a good amount for lunch and a good amount for dinner. I think 2 servings is like 3 points. I broke it down. I tracked it as vegetable stir fry then I added the tofu and then I added the soy sauce for a total of 4 points on WW.

@cbabie I felt awful leaving my baby. She cried again today, but once she's inside she stops. I think she does it on purpose, so I could feel bad lol lol. Your smoothie sounds yummy. I need to try it out.
    @theslightedgeforever looks like you're a busy lady. Thanks for stopping by even though you're busy. Oh and thank for the recipe on the peach drink. I need to scroll back and save the link.
    @health_guard woohooo!!! I love Zumba!! It's a great workout, but I'm giving it a break. My exercise this week has been walking my daughter to school in the mornings lol lol. The stir fry was yummy and so easy to make.
    @bugmom92 and @health_guard : we should make drinking smoothies a challenge lol. Maybe we'll do what @cbabie did and write down the recipe (swap recipes) and write it down on our goals. Anyone interested can join in. I know not everyone is crazy about smoothies lol lol
    @dankas001 hope you had fun at Zumba!!!
    @jackie_van_d hope you were able to get your walk in. Any kind of activity is great. Since I can't do my Zumba I've been walking my daughter to school and it feels good to get that activity in!!!
    @NicRiv26 Welcome to our group. Sorry to hear about your new meeting. It's hard to adjust once to are used to something else. Not all meetings are the same. I love MFP and I recently joined WW, but only doing the online version. So since I don't attend meeting this forum has been so helpful. Some of us here go back years together. We started on the WW community boards, but since they took that away we made our move here and it's been great!!! We are here to support and encourage each other.

Ok ladies have a good night!!!!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals: it's Friday!! Wow yesterday was "cake" day at work. I had/have a emotional day for personal reasons, life is always full of LIFE...NORMALLY, I would have went over and had a piece of cheesecake, and the other cake and possibly went back for seconds on the cheesecake (if there was any left) Well I didn't, but I did take a huge piece home. I thought well if I feel like I "need" it, I will have it. Well when I got home I put it in the fridge, life blew up all over me...I cried so hard, my eyes hurt...I made my turkey burger, sat down kept thinking about the cheesecake, but looked it up and said NO, then I said well I want it...then I said NO, then again...etc. So I took one bite and put the rest in the fridge which is where it still is. I WANT to be healthy, will a piece of cheesecake hurt me? NO, but it will derail the progress I have right now. I am not willing to give that up. When I am stronger and have met my goals more than 4 days, I can have that piece of cheesecake because I will plan for it, I will enjoy it before, during and after. :) I got my walk in, but didn't do my arms...I am shooting for that today.

@NicRiv26: Welcome to this board, yes most of us do or did WW. I have a lifetime status, but I have 10 lbs that have to go and I have been struggling just like you. I am counting points online and doing the MFP only because I love the reports that MFP give me on my nutrition. I want to know how many carbs and sugars I am getting with not eating that cheesecake. I don't know that I can do both forever, but I had to get myself back on track. This board has always help me, it keeps me accountable. Even when I don't do so well I know to come here because at least one of us have been where I am that day. The most important thing is not to give up!!! So I am glad you are here. You will find something that works for you because it's important to you.

@health_guard: we all love visitors like yours..NOT...I am old now and she doesn't come to visit much anymore.

@bugmom92 Hope you got some sleep..
    @theslightedgeforever :Maybe you can give your guest some sleep aide and get your stuff done...KIDDING. Enjoy and know you will soon be back to your routine.

@peruviansweetie : I have never tried tofu...not sure I can. LOL it does look good though. I am so happy you are here with me..I love seeing your progress.

@jackie_van_d : it was muggy here yesterday too...I don't like that.

okay I hope I haven't missed anyone. I love seeing this board busy..it means you care enough about yourself to stop by!!!

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Still busy but I've been able to stay within calories last 3 days. Carbs I went over one day. I got in 15 min of walking fast for exercise. But I did something. Food could be better quality at times but I believe this is the first time ever I've tracked with company here. So I'm taking it as progress.

posted
    stayed within calories carbs over 51
    15 min exercise
    + for exercise at the end of the day
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Good morning girls have zumba at 11 changed wi to thursday so STS for this week
    Going to plan ahead for meals later. I signed up for 3 month plan so runs till dec hope your all well kate :*
  • SONKISSED1
    SONKISSED1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to say good morning. Lot's of things going on today so I'll come back later. Have a great day! :) PS. I have a personal challenge today. My parents are here from Atlanta. I haven't seen them in a few years. So it's all good. Well, my son, a chef is coming over today to prepare a special meal for his parents and grandparents. This meal is going to be pretty rich. My dilemma is I want to eat, but not go crazy, you know what I mean. I'll let you know later how I made out. ugh!
  • jackie_van_d
    Options
    @SONKISSED1 if your parents can, all go for a walk before dinner??

Quiet day here rain and sever thunderstorm warnings, the country music is cranked and I'm organizing my scrapbooking stuff in between load of laundry to be folded
    Scored at a garage sale, it was starting to rain so the lady wanted stuff gone, two new lamps she wanted 20 I paid 2 yup 2!!! My Momma taught me well! Offer a ridiculous price cause you never know !
    Have a great day all!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Happy Sunday Morning:

Wow I got derailed yesterday. I was with my granddaughter yesterday all day, taking off braces,taking her to work, picking her up, going to the mall, then pedicure/nails...exhausted. I managed to squeeze in time to take my dad grocery shopping and get some of mine and put them away..that's all, but after all that I ate anything I could find...sort of...looking for that "hit the spot" and didn't find it...I am so upset at myself. I lost a lb this week and feel like I just put it back on. I know I will just keep to my plan, but now I am trying to find the why to my stupid eating last night. Worst part with all that running, I didn't get my 10K, no weights, etc. So here is Sunday and now it will be another day no walk, no weights..too much stuff to do that didn't get done yesterday. So I know, it I own it, and I move on.

Jackie: sounds like you had a fun day.
    sunkissed: you should enjoy, I hope you did,
    dankas: good for you, I am sure you will be glad you did.
    slightedge: it's okay, company doesn't stay forever, (hopefully) LOL

Okay gotta run get ready for church. We are now doing 2 services and I have to be there for both, not even sure what I am wearing and I have to be there in a little over an hour..

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Company is leaving tomorrow. Insert happy dance. That's probably how people feel when I visit them