Replies

• bugmom92
    bugmom92 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,219 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    First off I need to report my goals met for Wednesday, I got interrupted before I could do that.

posted
    tracked under cals and carbs
    treadmill warm up 5 min weight lifting 57 min
    yogurt parfait

karla I hope you have a good weekend. They are my laziest so I'm working on increasing my steps from last week The meme didn't show

jackie Hope you had a good walk. Glad you still have good weather

cbabie yaaay on no sweets. The chocolate milk is my sweet. Today I threw a sugar free cookie crumpled up in my yogurt and fruit. I need to buy some bananas so I can pretend its banana pudding. Hmmmm maybe some banana extract

healthguard I'm the same way, if I'm eating a cake or cookies, I need plain milk

posted
    tracked under cals and over carbs by 8 (sugar free cookie)
    aerobics 15 min
    yogurt parfait

see you tomorrow
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all my weight loss buddies hope you have great weekend planned my DH danny isoff this weekend so ive talked him into going to a few carboot sales not wanting anything but you can soon clock up the steps wi today 1lb off so happy hope your all well & thanks for the company kate x
  • dankas001
    Options
    great workout slightedge well done x
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Morning gals:

Well I blew it, been seeking why I can't do this. I lost all the weight before eating normal foods, fruit, meat, even Ice cream. Now that I am trying to limit carbs, I do well for 3 days then say NOT....so I don't know what or how I am going to eat today...I start to think more exercise then I can eat what I want, then I say no my grandson is skinny and he sits in front of his computer all day and night...he can't eat any normal food tho, he is allergic to dairy, corn, gluten...then I say..no carbs...then I say...what do I say today!!?????

Great job Karla, dankas, slightedge, healthguard!! you guys are rockin it!!!

healthguard, look through the post, there is a link to the meeting that someone does. Slightedge posted it. Maybe that will help you not spend the extra money for the meetings. Not sure if that works for you, but wanted you to have the choice.

Okay gals I am late..

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    danka Yeah your plan is working

cbabie I think your answer is right there in front of you I lost all the weight before eating normal foods, fruit, meat, even Ice cream. Now that I am trying to limit carbs, I do well for 3 days then say NOT. I see two options Go back and eat like you used to because that worked for you or a do 3 days of low carb and one day of normal foods

posted
    tracked under cals and over carbs by 2
    - for exercise at the end of the day

• jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Morning all, it's Saturday and that's all I got right now
    8:20 am and just getting going
  • cbabie
    Options
    Evening sorry been a crazy day. I have done good so far. I have eaten what I was hungry for but making educated choices.
    I hit my 10k steps. Worked out my arms set up my DVDs player so now maybe more cardio.

Slightedgeforever i think ur right
    Health_guard glad u found it. Great job on ur loss I have stayed the same. But I haven't been eating right ..
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    jackie Did you have a good OP Saturday

healthguard Yaaaay on your loss. Your program is working for you

cbabie If only more people listened to me ;) At least you didn't gain so now work on losing this week

posted
    tracked under cals and carbs
    - for exercise at the end of the day

I need to get my butt back to exercising I took two days off

• jackie_van_d
    Options
    Sunday Bonfire tonight with family and some cold beverages
    Have a good day further!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    jackie I wish I was closer to you. That bonfire sounds fun.

Where is the rest of our gang?

I did some jumping on my trampoline some walking on my treadmill and some weight lifting today.

posted
    tracked over cals by 142 and carbs by 34
    + for exercise at the end of the day
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning gals:

Sorry my Sundays are always full. I had this plan in my mind about my food to eat yesterday and decided instead to go out to eat with my girlfriend so we could catch up. I thought I am about to sabotage myself. But you know what? I was under my goals. I was thinking that I was like my sister and I needed to not eat things high in carbs, like fruits, etc. Then something yesterday told me, what if I am not like my sister, we have different body shapes and are not the same in our personalities...so what makes me think I need to eat like her....I thought I am a different build, so why not use the tools that got me to lose 57 lbs earlier...so that's the route I am headed. I do have to watch my sugars and carbs as I know how they react to my body...but carbs in fruit are good for me. Carbs in pancakes make me tired and lethargic. Both parents were/are diabetics with heart issues, etc...so yes I have to watch, but I have to know what works for me not my siblings or parents.

So I just did my weights, not on to my treadmill. I still need to walk for my bones. I have per-osteoporosis. Which is why I have to be careful...my grandmother had this..I don't get in the sun, I just figured out that I have not been taking enough vitamin D..so see still working on ME.

slightedge: great job on the trampoline..is it just a little one? I am proud of you for tracking..it's what is teaching me what I need and I am sure it's doing the same for you.

Jackie: glad you enjoyed your bonfire, we can't have fires so much here..too dry. :)

Okay gals, hope to see the rest of our gang here today

Cbabie
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for those of you that met your goals and the ones that lost weight. That is awesome!!! I will lose a pound or two then I stay at the same weight it seems forever. I am going to have to do better with portion control, snacking at night and incorporating more exercise. Those are my goals this week. We will see. Lol. Now off to mow my lawn! Not my favorite thing to do by the way!!! Hey, but it is good exercise.
  • jackie_van_d
    Options
    wtdbapkji610.jpeg
    Good time was had!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    cbabie yes it's a mini one. I bought it for circulation problems in my legs. but good exercise too. I don't know how those low carbers do it. My friend's dd is doing it and she's doing 20-40 a day. I could never give up my popcorn for that. lol But everyone has their own path. You said you lost weight before so use that. I'm prediabetic and I follow a modified carbohydrate diet. I aim for 157 carbs 4 days a week 169 2 days a week then go a bit lower with 135 for one day. Since I've been consistently tracking for two months I've been able to drop my blood sugar by 19 points. Its been hovering right over the borderline mark all week. So if I keep this up, I will be back in normal land. Yaaaay Everyone I know has a vitamin D deficiency it seems. How about get out and ride your bike in the sun on the weekends..

lore I'm like you in losing weight. This month especially. But I'm losing inches and that will have to do for now. So many NSV this month. But I still want to see that scale move a bit faster. 1 lb a week is my goal. That's not asking much.

jackie I would dance around that fire That would be the first thing. Then I would roast marshmallows and hotdogs.

well off I go. My sil came in tonight. She will be with us for a week. So lots of cooking and baking in my immediate future. The trick is to find time to exercise and not eat too much of the food

posted
    tracked over cals by 62 and carbs by 45
    7 min trampoline
    + for exercise at the end of the day
  • dankas001
    Options
    wow bonfire looked great i cant light anything at mo raining bad in glasgow lol hope your all well im going to friends funeral this morning 47 yo mum of 2 she was diagnosed 3 years ago & told back then she would pobably only have a few months to live & got another 3 years what an amazing girl xx hope your all well going on treadmill tonight to push my steps up take care kate xx
  • jackie_van_d
    Options
    Morning, it's Tuesday back to work
    I can honestly tell you I only had one (huge) marshmallow. I found it to sweet with my cooler
    Hope you all have a great day!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning:

Okay I stuck to my plan yesterday and I was home all day. I did my workout, my walk and stayed on my plan. YEA

Today is back to work day..busy all week, but that will keep me on track..at least it had better. LOL

Jackie...I LOVE marshmallows...I can eat a whole bag nothing flat...hence I don't have any in the house. :)

slightedge, I might have to look into a mini trampoline. Sounds like fun.

dankas: I am sorry for your loss. My mom lived 8 years after being diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. God kept her until it was time for her to go home.

Okay gals gotta get my stuff done before work.

Cbabie
  • SONKISSED1
    SONKISSED1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I've been away for awhile vacationing and enjoying family I haven't seen in years. Good food and good company. Needless to say, I've been very lax in keeping it all together. Yesterday, I watched a video of the events of the family reunion and saw just how "wide" I really was. An eye opener to say the least. I am starting over again and trying not to feel bummed out. I should have kept in touch with you all. You know what they say, "hindsight is the best teacher." I missed you ladies!
  • peruviansweetie
    peruviansweetie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies
    Sorry I haven't been around. My baby girl started kindergarten today and I've been feeling a bit emotional. Funny thing is that all of last week I was sad and wanting to cry, thinking I would sob like a baby on the actual day and I didn't even cry lol. I was sad though. My baby is growing up!!!
    My little man did cry when he saw his sister walk away towards her classroom.
    Ok, so today I start again. Been having problems with my teeth. Went to the dentist and the news wasn't good, but I'm a woman of faith and will pray for healing!!!
    I walked my baby to school this morning, so that was a good workout. I'm hoping to walk her to school at least 3 times a week. She loved walking to school lol.
    I tracked all of my food and ate pretty good. Need to get more water in.

@cbabie I'm here!! No need to come get me lol. I hope you're well.
    @bugmom92 I downloaded the plant nanny app. I love it and so does my daughter. She waters the plant every morning and I don't even have a chance to get my water in before getting to the plant. She gets all excited when she sees the plant grow, but because she gives it all my water I don't get reminders throughout the day lol lol lol.
    @health_guard Welcome!! I'm an old newbie lol. I see that you like Zumba. I love it. I had to stop because every time I start I get injured. First my knee really starts hurting and last time it was my hip. So, I'm giving it a break lol. Congrats on the weight loss.
    @dankas001 I'm so sorry for you loss :(
    @jackie_van_d that bonfire looked awesome!!!
    @SONKISSED1 welcome back. I just got back myself lol. I agree with you and need to stop by here more than I do.
    @theslightedgeforever Waving hello. You are doing such a great job and always encouraging us!!

If I missed you I'm sorry!! (Hugs)

Have a good night ladies!!!