NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• SONKISSED1
    SONKISSED1 Posts: 48 Member
    Good morning! - Thank you Dankas and Theslightedge for listening - it's good to know I am not alone. It's kind of hard when the truth stares you in the face and you have to point your finger at yourself. Yesterday was a better day. It was also a weigh-in day and although I know I should have gained, I had a small loss :) . Biggest challenge for me is writing down goals, so here goes:

Tracking
    Plan & Prepare meals in advance
    8-10 glasses of water
    Posting

Have a great day! :)
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Morning gals:

I wish I could come here and say I did it, but I ultimately failed this week. b Yesterday was all good, but last night I was so hungry and we are limited on food budget this week and I gave in to cookies and ice cream..I feel disgusted with myself and really frustrated. I feel like I KNOW better than this. I didn't get to lifetime on WW by not eating right. So I am getting up off my face and starting again.

slightedge: I should look at my history. I forget we can do that. Grate job!!
    sonkissed: Yea a goal list, you did it. :) I think you and I have the same night time issues. We can do this together.
    dankis: I am so excited for you!! Your are right about the cold turkey, but sometimes I think I do better, but I know eventually I will fall just like I just did!!

Okay gals today goals:

64 oz water
    track all
    exercise increase by 10 min (LOL on Sundays that would mean 10 min of exercise) somehow I will get 40 in
    keep on the carb watch

cbabie
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Hi girls youre all doing great keep positive & if we have a hiccup so what were only human i go meet with my neurosurgeon on tuesday & get mri scan nxt week please pray there is no growth as i would like to put radiotherapy on hold till nxt year think my brain needs a rest after the year its had ill keep you posted kate :* xx
  • MirandaAB
    MirandaAB Posts: 9 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi Group ; i weighed in and am down... but... i had a bit of a ' 24hour Tummy bug' so don't consider that to be a True result? but oh well.... jot down the numbers and carry on...
    feeling ok now today so one of Life's blips..
    Start of a new week.
    I got an email offer of a Reduced 6 month plan for going back to Weight Watcher meetings? and yes I admit i did debate and toss it around.. But then i decided no...... why spend $240 when I can come here for Free... share with the Group ( for Support ) and use the Fitness Pal counter to keep track of my Foods..
    I do miss the members at the meetings for sure ... but I just don't want to spend the $$$ ....

Sonkissed1: How great that is for you to have your Hubby offer his Support for you... that's a big Positive!.. It's so difficult to really face the facts about our need to lose weight... especially if it's a large number of pounds. Personally I have 100 pounds to lose and never feel I am " That Bad" until or unless I see pictures of myself and think Holy SMokes! do I REALLY look that bad! EEEEK..
    Your Hubby spoke with you in such a loving way and that says so much about his sincere intentions........ not being critical...... not being mean.... as some fellows might? but showing his love and kindness with his words.
  • cbabie
    Miranda: I know I feel the same about WW, but I think someone on here posted where we can get the things that were talked about in the meeting. It may have been slightedge or Bugmom/Karla. I say take the loss no matter how we got it..LOL I am proud of you!!! Keep going, one foot in front of the other.

dankas: Yes I will pray they find no growth...your body needs a rest, sometimes that is just good healing when our body rests.

Okay gals keep holding on to the vision of your future!!

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,214 Member
    sonkissed I take all losses small and large :) At this point I would take a 0.1 But I did have a non scale victory this a.m. which makes all the hard work I have been doing worth it. I finally got a blood sugar reading that was out of the prediabetic stage. I haven't had one of those since October . Here's to many more.

cbabie what is your definition of failure? Last I checked you had 4-5 days of success. I think you want to be perfect and if not then the whole week was a wash. but look at how much you did right this week. Celebrate that. You said Your are right about the cold turkey, but sometimes I think I do better, but I know eventually I will fall just like I just did!! Look at the italicized part. We are what we think. If you know you are going to do it, why not give yourself permission in advance. Takes away the guilt, the frustration, all of it. Like someone said if we do 80/20 that's a good thing.Life is too short. How about 10 min of Wii each day Hula hoop or whatever.

danka Praying you can rest from treatments.

Miranda we could have our own meeting here once a week. I've only done online. What things did you like about the meetings you attended? We could choose topics. This is the link Cbabie mentioned.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itCjLSbumzQ

goals met

posted
    stayed OP under carbs and calories
    30 min walk/jog intervals
    + number at end of the night for exercise
  • cbabie
    Monday Morning!

Okay gals, some of you have not seen us over the weekend. I hope that means you were relaxing and enjoying your family or life. (or both) :)

slightedge: yes I try with the 80/20, it's hard for me as I am an all or nothing. LOL I am a perfectionist and live with one. I read some things today on carbs, fruit, etc. I even got my oil book down. So I am giving it the college try again this week. I think my goals are as follows:

limit carb intake
    exercise 30-40 min a day
    drink 64 oz of water (with grapefruit/lemon/orange/peppermint oil)
    print a report on Sat to see what I did, which means
    TRACK EVERYTHING!

Miranda, Dankas, Morning!

Lore, Peru, Karla, Jackie, I know I am missing someone, sorry.....come back!!! MORNING TO YOU ALL

PS thanks for the link..slightedge

Cbabie
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Good morning to all. Well, this is the start of a brand new week. cbabie, I really enjoyed watching the weight watcher video. That is so nice that someone would do that for others to watch. My goals for this week are:
    1. drink a little less coffee and tea and up my water. 2. Try to stay within my calorie goal. Exercise at least 30 minutes 5 or 6 days this week. 3. Control my snacking in the evenings. I do pretty well most of the time for breakfast, lunch and dinner but then I don't do so well with snacking in the evening. I seem to have a sweet tooth at times. The weather is a little cooler today in Oklahoma so I think I am going to go tackle the grass in one of my flower beds. Not my favorite thing to do. Lol. Everyone have a good day!
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    hi everyone lovely sunny evening tonight caught up with loads of ironing today hate it !!!! wrote up some sensible ideas for meals hopefully i can stick to it goals for week1. 2 litre of water i dringk with sugarfree squash2. try n eat all 5 f&v every day3. aim for 11000 steps a day heres hoping take it easy kate xxx
  • bugmom92
    bugmom92 Posts: 74 Member
    Hi Ladies! Sorry I've been missing. Just tired all the time, and this weekend I was dealing with a pinched nerve in my back, but it's better now. I've been walking, and I start each day making good choices for food, and then by the evening it goes to heck. I just read through the last few days here. I shouldn't stay away...I realize we're all going through the same stuff with trying to stay on track. I saw a thing on Facebook the other day "I don't need a personal trainer. I need someone to follow me around and smack food out of my hand." Ha ha, that's me. I can get out there and walk and be active, it's the food part of it. And the food part is the part we need to deal with, as it pretty much keeps us alive and we need it. I'm going to start tracking on this app, as soon as I figure out how. If it works for me, I might save my $42 a month for WW. I'm just in a bit of a funk right now...this too shall pass.
    With it being "back to school" time, it's time for me to start planning and scheduling better. Maybe I'll spend some time doing that tomorrow afternoon.
    Until later,
    Karla :-)
  • theslightedgeforever
    cbabie you may be a perfectionist but you don't have to stay one. Just like being fat or eating too much sugar we can change that. we just do it a little at a time. When you say limit carb intake what is your maximum? what's the number to not go above?

lore good goals I like my snacks in the evening so I plan for them. I'm learning what I can have for my 100 calories if you are doing smartpoints, figure out how many points. Then start making a list. For instance, I eat plain yogurt, strawberries, stevia for my creamy craving. snack bag of doritos for my munchies, skim milk with sugar free chocolate syrup for my choc cravings 2 fig newtons for my sweets after a while I get bored and change things up. I have been known to prepackage 2 cookies so I don't sit there with the whole package of cookies. That's a recipe for disaster.

danka I see you have some good goals too. did you get in all your f&v

karla does Cbabie or I need to come give you the boot? We all struggle. Despite me tracking everything, measuring, etc. I'm not losing any weight. I have lost 3/4 in off both waist and hips but darn it I want that scale to move. I've seriously considered putting it into the closet but then have the fear what if I just think I'm doing good and I gain weight. Yesterday I remembered another time I had my gallbladder out and was perfect for 6 weeks. No sweets, almost no fat. I gave up oil, cheese, everything I could think of. Dr said I had too for 6 weeks post-op. I had visions of me losing 10 lbs or more. I was perfect in my eating never strayed once. I lost 1.4 lbs in 6 weeks. I honestly think I lose better when I cheat and don't care half the time. That is my struggle right now. How to keep going despite me still hovering above that 200 lb mark no matter how many little changes I do. But it will come.

goals met

posted
    stayed OP under carbs and over calories by 102

• cbabie
    Happy Tuesday Morning!!

Well imagine how happy I was when I saw all my friends this morning!!
    I almost stayed in my carb range, but didn't. However, I knew what I wanted so I drank it. I put a banana in my protein shake for my meal last night and bananas are high in carbs. But I didn't care. But I feel good, as I drank my protein shake and didn't eat anything else before bed. Now I was up and down out of the bed last night, got up late and am crazy now..LOL but this had nothing to do with food...FAMILY... :) Did my walk, but not as long as normal, ran out of time. I did do my weights..so all in all a good day.

Lore: glad to see you and yes I started to watch that video, but my sound was too low. I plan on listening on my phone today. LOL you have grass in with flowers, we have rocks.. :) I was in an older part of my area over the weekend and saw horses, grass, yards...it was so NICE. You can do this, we all find that one thing that helps the sweet tooth. I lost lbs by eating cantaloupe instead of something sweet.

dankas:I have to iron every day...my closet is so packed with garbage, it all wrinkles..so I totally understand. I found a great recipe and made it yesterday morning...everyone loved it....However, I got home late, so they just ate it as chicken and not fajitas..LOL
    http://thehumbledhomemaker.com/2015/04/freezer-crockpot-chicken-fajitas

Karla: I like the tracking in here as I get to see how much of sodium, fat, carbs, ets that I am eating and the data based is great and guess what the scanner works unlike the WW one does. Yes you need to be here, but as the old saying says you can lead a horse to water (not calling you a horse LOL) but you can't make him drink. So find something in you that says this is as much a priority for me as planning my next lesson. I will pray that desire and the distractions of life will be removed for you. I want you healthy and achieving your goals. I miss you when you are not here.

slightedge: Yes I know I can change some of me..LOL I work hard at letting things go. How is your exercise? I know way back when I stayed OP never exercised and lost weight...now that I am older..I have to move, but I like you am not seeing the scale move, but I am not giving up. That's why I am trying to find the carb balance. I also think my sleep habits play into that. It should be as simple as use more than we eat and the weight should come off. I also remember people at WW not losing and then after a month, they dropped like 5 lbs all of a sudden. Just keep trying..

Okay gals gotta go.

cbabie
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Hey, it's been a crazy few days, and now a total upheaval to my work schedule makes life interesting I guess
    Haven't been super active but doing what I can to track every thing though.
    Hope you all have a great day!!
  • SONKISSED1
    SONKISSED1 Posts: 48 Member
    Hey Ladies! So far so good this week. Left my pity party and started making changes. Did not meet but one of my goals for Monday and that was tracking a FULL day. It was pretty difficult, but easier today. I noticed that all though I am within my caloric allowance, the choices I made were not so good. Gotta get better. Still working on that water tho - I only had 4 glasses of water yesterday and today so far it's been 4. Not bad, could be better. Still a crazy work week and I am tired! I am determined to make this work.

Dankas: thanks for the link. I hope I can find some great crockpot dishes. It'll save time. Also, please know that you are continuously in my prayers.

Karla: I agree with cbabie - I like the tracking here better than WW (although, I'm trying to track in both places and it's not working). Tracking here allows me to see the nutrition so I can make adjustments if need be, especially if you're dealing with physical challenges like, diabetes, heart disease, etc. My problem is tracking... period. After tracking these 2 days, it's already telling me a story about my choices and that changes need to be made.

Have a blessed night! :)

• theslightedgeforever
    cbabie i lifted weights yesterday for almost an hour so thats something I will check out your link you check out mine http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/conquering-plateau-mfp-users-resolutionreset-journey/

jackie you hang in there. Be diligent with food if the movement is not as much as before. when the waters get choppy, we have to paddle a bit harder.

sonkissed Baby steps.. celebrate what you did right and then build on it. what I like most about MFP is that it shows me which foods I ate that were highest in carbs since I'm a prediabetic. Then I can choose to have them less often or smaller portions. I think that is what has kept me tracking consistently right now. I've never been consistent on anything but I can change that. tracking is at 45 days or something like that now. next working on my exercise consistency.

goals met

posted
    stayed OP under carbs and calories
    exercised weight training 54 min
    jumped on mini trampoline 3 min

• cbabie
    Morning, It's Wednesday!!!

How are all my friends? Well I hope.

I didn't do to good, but made some other choices. I didn't get to walk, crazy morning. I was late for my 8:30 appt, but I did get my arms in and lunch made. However, it was "health company" day...but health to them was good old church fellowship food I call it. Peanut things that tasted like a payday candy bar, oatmeal raisin cookies, candy that tasted like TWIX, "light" strawberry truffle...LOL Did I taste, yes I did, but I took bites instead servings, except for the oatmeal raisin cookie, I had 2...but they were from sprouts..LOL So I was over in my food choices...but today is a day to keep moving. When I came home from church I wanted a JIF sandwich..(which is about 3 T of JIF and bread in my book, However, I decided to eat nuts instead..So that's my story and I am sticking to it.

slightedge: looked at the link, so today I am going to try to move more. I work for an Office Furniture company, so I sit/stand at a height adjustable desk, but yesterday I SAT all day, so going to move more..drink more water.
    I liked your trampoline...I need one of those, but it would have to be in the middle of the POOL..LOL

Jackie: so proud of you. You are trying and you haven't given up...GREAT

sunkissed: Glad to see you posting. We are all in the very same boat...I want a canoe and not an ocean liner..LOL Keep doing what you are doing. Try Try Try and you will Succeed.

Lore, Dankas, Bugmom, Miranda, Peru...hope to see you today. When I log on here, it's like going to my mailbox at my house. Do I have bills only or something fun. It's fun coming to this mailbox and seeing letters from my friends.

Cbabie

goals
    move more
    drink more
    track
  • bugmom92
    bugmom92 Posts: 74 Member
    cbabie, were the peanut treats that were like a payday bar made by someone who follow THM (Trim Healthy Mama)? Because if they were, they are definitely healthy!
    sonkissed, tracking can be a beast sometimes...but after 2 days you already see what changes you need to make...that's the point. I like going back to my really successful weeks to see what I ate, also...so I can go back to eating that way if I get in a slump.
    cbabie, thanks for the prayers...exactly what I need (and I didn't even know it). A lady at WW this morning spoke to me. We'd spoken before and she has good insight. She told me to get up in the morning and ask myself "Do I want to hurt tomorrow morning?"...if the answer is "no", then I've made my decision and I will eat right. If the answer is "yes", then go ahead and eat whatever I want...super size that coke! Because of the inflammation being made worse by sugar, eating "right" for me will not only help with the pain, but will help with the weight.
    Today I had a little tiff with hubby at a fast food place (Wendy's). I planned ahead and got a salad and iced tea, unsweetened. Hubby ordered the "#8, go large". I was a little ticked, after the discussion he and I had 5 minutes earlier about him wanting to eat healthier. By the time we walked to where the drinks were I couldn't talk because I would have started crying. They have those freestyle machines...the kind with my favorite, cherry vanilla Dr Pepper. I was so emotional, it would have been so easy to fill my cup with that. But I stuck with the tea and sat down. I didn't even take one of his fries...in fact, instead of letting my being upset lead me to bad decisions, it strengthened my resolve. Apparently the lady at WW this morning had an effect on me. He ended up drinking half of his large soda, then rinsing the cup, putting in unsweetened tea for me, taking my small cup and putting root beer in it. Took it home and he only drank half of it anyway. And I have extra iced tea for tomorrow. If I feed him at home, that will be half the battle won. And since I'm dead broke...I guess we better start eating at home!
    I tracked 100% today and ate exactly all my daily points. Need to work on water consumption a little better.
    Well, I'm off to bed, but I couldn't go to sleep without posting here. Need to work on that better too.
    Until tomorrow,
    Karla :-)
  • Breeeisamaziing
    Breeeisamaziing Posts: 5 Member
    Not really new, just looking for some friends to help stay motivated... feel free to add me. Nothingbut positive vibes accepted. Steppin' to success, who's with me?
  • theslightedgeforever
    cbabie I didn't use my trampoline today. I did use weights though. I have to figure out a way to do this each day.

karla That is a good question I was having leg pain at night and insomnia. Pain killers weren't helping and then I happened to stumble onto some info about my heart meds and bp meds. A simple switch in timing from before bed to wake up has eliminated both. I've been on these meds since 2009. For some reason my body just started to react this way. I thought it was just aging and Diet Coke. ;) My friend has faced a similar problem as you with her dh. Both diabetics. She is going ahead with her plan. So how about changing the question, Do you like being broke? If the answer is yes, keep eating out. If the answer is no, then make a plan to eat at home. Make a list and keep answering it. For instance, I can't cook at home because......there isn't the right foods I need. There isn't the right foods I need because.....I haven't done a full grocery shopping in a while. I haven't done a full grocery shopping because...I haven't planned my meals. I haven't planned my meals because.....
    eventually you get to the bottom and can start with that baby step.

bree welcome to the group. I'm ready for success.

posted
    over carbs by 4 and under calories
    exercised weight training 65 min
    - number at end of the night for exercise :(