NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Morning all, will be quick, on my way out the door. I ate a little better yesterday but still not good. I am trying again today. Had oatmeal! Haven't walked yet, but I have been doing well at my movement. (to stay warm). LOL.

@trooworld Great job on the water. I woke up dehydrated..still working on the water. only 20 oz yesterday. You got this..

@TeresaW1020 Yeah Chemo is no fun. My mom did it and it helped her. You know it has to be up to him and then I will pray that you have the strength to support him. (Not that you don't). It's just hard seeing our loved ones sick. So I will be praying for you both.

Cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hi all...another cold day here, below zero windchills, but supposed to be 30's by Saturday. What a heat wave, lol.

@TeresaW1020 Good luck with your hubby. Hope he can tolerate the chemo. Good job sticking to your eating plan & exercise. I don't even have that stress & yet I can't stay out of the junk, lol.

@trooworld Glad you were able to do some yoga with the Tonal. My BP was up a little last year at physical, then I got it down to where the Dr was satisfied with it. I need to be doing my yearly wellness check & it seems to be up again a little. I think I had lost a few pounds last year when it was better, and now have gained them back. Need to be working a little harder at it, I guess. Dh quit making peanut brittle & now has been making cinnamon sugar pecans. Hard to resist!

@cbabie I do think that tracking is important, I am good about it, just not good at staying in my limits. I have started trying to drink more water, and have been getting 64-72oz a day. Good job with the bike riding & walking. I am trying to get more fruits & vegetables, too, thinking maybe they will crowd out the junk, lol.

I am over Covid & feel good, so have been doing the treadmill, trying to get my steps back up to what I had been doing. Dd got better pretty quickly, too, but gd took a little longer. I think her immune system was just down from the hip surgery. She is doing well with her PT & her hip. She was able to participate in the Show Choir competition, not able to do all the dancing, but walked on & sang with the ballad. She was so happy about that.

Dd & gkids in OK are getting the snow & cold weather right now. She is hoping they don't have too many snow days, or it will mess with vacation that she has planned when school gets out in May. I guess gs went out & shoveled the driveway. (for pay of course, lol)

I am reading a book now, Disease Reversal Hope! The stories are of people on whole food plant based no oil eating, and it is amazing the recoveries people have made from all types of diseases. The health benefits of that way of eating are so intriguing to me, but not sure I could follow through. So still not sure what my eating plan is, other than trying to stay in my calorie limits.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Only 46 days til spring!! I am ready!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,915 Member
    Options
    @cbabie Oatmeal is a good way to start the day off. I'm glad you are staying warm lol. Thanks re: the water. I need to drink more. Yesterday was awful, only 25 oz. YOU'VE GOT THIS too! <3

@RetiredAndLovingIt Wow, I thought I was cold! LOL Did you go on blood pressure medication or were able to just get it down with weight loss? I don't know if I should tell my doctor about it and say that I want to try to get it down by losing some weight, or just accept my fate and get on meds? Oh gosh, your DH! Those sound amazing and hard to resist! I'm glad everyone is over COVID. That's good GD was about to do the competition. Yeah, I've heard so much about plant-based diets and I could do it but not forever. I've been a vegetarian in the past but it only lasted 10 months. Have a good weekend, too!

Hi all. It was absolutely freezing here yesterday (don't laugh): 39F in the morning! That's very cold for here. It got up to the mid-60s maybe but in the house, I froze all day. I'm home all day today and will likely freeze lol. We are having chicken and broccoli stir fry tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon, all, I have been on the go since 9 AM (driving) being uber to different family members today...worn out and grab food and go...not the best way to start over...( yes my dear sister I hear you in my head). LOL.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I am so glad you are over Covid..that is a nasty bear...it hangs around like a wet blanket. LOL. I just was so happy to hear GD got to be apart of the choir and walked around doing what she could do!!!

@trooworld Lol I didn't do much better on water yesterday either..only 16 oz. I am COLD in my house too..I just told my daughter that we should have put carpet in all the rooms and not tile and wood. LOL. HOWEVER, summer will be nice to walk on those floors.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie That's easily done when you are busy. Do you have some go-to restaurants that have healthier options that you can stop at? Oh gosh, 16 oz is not enough dear friend! Do you also drink coffee or tea? I drink coffee but don't include it in my numbers. Yeah, we have laminate wood flooring throughout the condo and my feet are freezing lol. But yes, summer they will be nice.

@theslightedgeforever What are you up to?

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning, I did better yesterday drinking because I took it with me, but eating was terrible. I ate something for dinner I thought was good for me (without checking) and realized it was not..so I had MANY fat grams. LOL. So starting again today..lesson learned..look before you eat it. I did go on a 10 min walk in the COLD WIND..it was so windy yesterday...UGH..

@trooworld I do drink about 4 cups of coffee in the morning and I don't track those since I know it really dehydrates me. LOL Great job on the WATER!!!

Water yesterday 38 oz

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    I'm here. I didn't realize it's been so long. Hmmmm. I hate when that happens. I feel like I've drank too much and blacked out. lol Probably cause my routine is off. I always post here when I sit with my mil. I haven't been sitting with my mil because my son found out he was covid positive on Thursday. I had been sitting with him on Wednesday night. So I've been sitting upstairs away from my mil. When I'm downstairs in the kitchen and cooking, I wear a mask and the caregiver stays away from me until I'm out and back upstairs. I'll do this another couple of days until I see if I develop symptoms. Ds is just sitting in his room all day long until he waits for me to knock on the door and say room service..... We played Parcheesi today over Zoom. He beat me twice. :s

I've kept up with my exercise this week. But went over on carbs yesterday.

199/150 Yellow
    Exercise rest day
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hi all..
    @cbabie…that is what I just told dh…I need to be tracking all day early, so I don’t end the day over when it’s too late to do anything about it, lol.

@theslightedgeforever Good luck, hope you don’t get sick. I didn’t isolate from Dh when I had it because we figured it was pointless by the time I knew I had it, & he never got it.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I'm here. I didn't realize it's been so long. Hmmmm. I hate when that happens. I feel like I've drank too much and blacked out. lol Probably cause my routine is off. I always post here when I sit with my mil. I haven't been sitting with my mil because my son found out he was covid positive on Thursday. I had been sitting with him on Wednesday night. So I've been sitting upstairs away from my mil. When I'm downstairs in the kitchen and cooking, I wear a mask and the caregiver stays away from me until I'm out and back upstairs. I'll do this another couple of days until I see if I develop symptoms. Ds is just sitting in his room all day long until he waits for me to knock on the door and say room service..... We played Parcheesi today over Zoom. He beat me twice. :s

I've kept up with my exercise this week. But went over on carbs yesterday.

199/150 Yellow
    Exercise rest day

Hope you don’t get it and that your son feels better soon! Might not get it. Friend of mine’s kid had it. She was obviously around her and never got it herself.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm jumping on because I realized I haven't in a few days and today will be busy. We are having our 3rd annual Chili Cook-Off at the church tonight and as you know these events fall to me to plan and execute. We should have at least 75 people there and 12 chili contestants. Including mom's chili. I hope she does well! :grin: My eating has been good this week but my weight was up 2 lbs this morning. This has to be because I've restarted LIIFT4 and the last two days have lifted much heavier than I have been. I know because my calves and butt are killing me!! :D It's cold here today again. When is spring coming!! :#
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie That was a good idea to take it with you. Yes, I've done that before too where I thought for sure something was healthy and then to find out it's not. That sucks. Good job with the walk!

@theslightedgeforever Good to see you again! ;) Oh gosh, I hope you don't develop symptoms. Sorry your son tested positive. Good job with the exercise!

@TeresaW1020 I wish I were there to taste the chilis! LOL Good luck to your mom. Good job with the exercise, it seems everyone is doing well with that this week!

Hi all. I'm going with one of my best friends to walk rescue dogs. They call it a hike, I don't know if it is more of a walk than a hike? We'll see. The point is to get them out of their kennels for a while and into the fresh air to see and smell new things. It's about an hour away from me. It should be fun.

• trooworld
    Options
    I forgot to say: I did a 15 minute Leslie Sansone walking video yesterday. I figure I'll start small and make it a habit.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I think it is helping to have to report my water, I'm doing better. I hope it's helping you, too. :)

Hi all. I did the hike with the rescue dogs yesterday, it was fun. Here is a picture of me with the rescue dog I walked, a little Chihuahua named Odin. We walked about 90 minutes at a slow pace. I plan on doing it again in 2 weeks. @cbabie, I did the same thing you did kind of: I went to El Pollo Loco and thought I was ordering something healthy, but I had looked it up in the WW app and tracked it before eating it. Then while I was eating I was thinking and realized I didn't get the right bowl and this one I was eating was 18 pts! I was so mad lol. But I did think of @cbabie. I have a major headache today. I took some Naproxen so hopefully that will help. I emailed my doctor about the blood pressure since it's continued to be high at times. She said let's keep an eye on it for the next two months. I have an appt with her in the end of March.

f2qbgnak8iid.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @retiredandlovingit I track early in the day and preplan and then hubby's choices sometimes makes me change my plans. I had a talk with him about that today. The joy's of living with a spontaneous creature. I'm glad you are okay now and that dh didn't get it. We're okay here so far but then we aren't around him. Two more days and then I'm back downstairs with mil. I'd probably be fine but then everytime I think that I hear a story of someone who got covid and had no symptoms at all and spread it. So I figure after 7 days, I think I tried my best.

@gemwolf110 Yeah I think everyone's immune system is different and some get it and some don't. So far I've had 2 kids with it. LOL I think I had it early 2020 but we'll never really know.

@teresaw1020 Don't let the scale get you down. It's probably just the new program or some weights as you said. One day you'll WHOOSH it right off. I hear you on springtime. Winter is depressing. How was the chili cook-off.

@trooworld Loved the pic of you and the doggy. That's a great idea for the dogs and it gets you some exercise. Yaaay on the LS video. I did one of hers on Saturday. I think it was 22 min. But then dh and I went to the mall and we did some walking there too. My bp is finally getting down into almost normal ranges. Even with meds it wasn't cooperating. I think just consistent exercise 5 times a week. I don't know if the stretching 20 min along with it is helping or not. I might be relaxing at that point. I just know that I was regularly 160-180 for a while and now I'm down in the 120-130 range. I even got a 112 /71 the other day. I'm at a 129 average right now. I've decided that when I hit 125, I will not take one of my bp pills for the day and see how that works. My ultimate goal is to never have to take them but control it via lifestyle and exercise. Some drs say that's not possible but I know 2 people who have completely been off for years.

I got a little bit extra exercise today in the form of demolishing my fireplace with a sledgehammer. I work on it an hour a day. 2 days so far. I told dh I just imagine his face when he makes me mad. :D

119/164 Yellow
    Exercise rest day
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I have half way tracked all week, but so mad yesterday at myself that I let my emotions get me and eat a cookie I really didn't want. I did lose .8 this past week, so no gain. That's a plus, but it should have been 2 lbs..that's what I am going for. Well I should be going for. I am getting better at "seeing" what I am doing and how to put a detour.LOL

@trooworld I didn't do well on the drinking yesterday..I forgot my water bottle and was gone most of the day. I am starting afresh today..so glad it is helping you. I think I am more aware now of drinking water..LOL. Looks like you had fun walking the dogs.. :)

@TeresaW1020 Hope your mom's chili won...I bet its yummy!! you go girl on your exercises..my treadmill died, so now I need to keep up the outdoor walking, etc.

@theslightedgeforever you probably did have it in the early days and now you are immune.. LOL. it's wise to stay away from MIL and then you will sleep better later. :). Can you imagine if Dad was alive rn? LOL. I can hear you having that conversation with DH.. :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt we will get better at tracking!!!

cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @cbabie Yes, my mom did win the chili cook-off and by a landslide! :grin: The picture is posted below. ;)

@theslightedegforever The chili cook-off was a lot of fun. I’ll post about it below. Ohhh how much fun was it to demolish your fireplace with a sledgehammer? I could totally get into that kind of destruction right now! :grin:

@trooworld Love the picture of you and the doggy! Sorry about your headache and I do hope that you can get your blood pressure down without having to take meds. I’m not a fan after dealing with DH and his blood pressure meds causing all that dizziness. :/

Hello! So, my weight was way up this morning from both the extra weightlifting and then the chili cook-off. Cornbread and pecan pie didn’t do me any favors. But it was good, and we all had a great time! We had 13 chilis entered and mom won by a landslide. She was embarrassed to come up to the front, but I also think she loved the attention. Here is a picture of her. I’ve been working today on getting my house as clean as possible and other stuff done before next week. Hubby is still having a lot of confusion at different times and I’m thinking of calling my children’s director and trying to get out of teaching Sunday school. I think I should be with DH so I can be a buffer and help when he needs it. I’m not looking forward to making that call but I do think it’s necessary and I have to choose my priorities right now. :/

i4hsrw28hhoi.jpg
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Yes, my ulterior motive was to get some exercise! :D That's good about the walking and yay for your bp getting down to almost normal. I'm hoping I can control my BP via lifestyle and exercise, too. Haha about your fireplace. Are you going to put a new one in once it is demolished? Go, girl!

@cbabie Congrats on the loss. That's good you are making progress on putting in a detour. That's what you need to do: start fresh. I know you'll do better today. I am more aware, too. I did have fun!

@TeresaW1020 Thanks, it was a lot of fun and great exercise! Gosh, I really hope I don't have to take bp meds. I bet the chili cook-off was fun. Yay for your mom! That's awesome. What a cute picture of your mom! I love the chili pepper lights! That makes total sense to cut out teaching Sunday school. I'm sure they will understand.

Hi all. I got mad yesterday because I thought I had chosen a leaner beef patty for our cheeseburgers for dinner only to find out that each patty (without any cheese or accompaniments or buns) was 15 pts! In case you are curious, they were Kobe beef patties. I am now -92 pts for the week. :( Luckily my week starts over tomorrow. I can't wait.

Water yesterday: 35 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @cbabie That's good that you are becoming aware of what you are doing instead of being on auto-pilot all the time.

@teresaw1020 Family comes first and right now your focus needs to be on hubby. But I'm sure you hate letting people down. It's only for a season as they say. Yaaay on your mom's chili. She looks so cute. Fireplace demo is fun but my shoulder is starting to hurt a bit. The first day I broke the hammer and the top came off and almost hit the window and broke it. It landed next to it and dented the wall. :D

@trooworld Think of all the lessons you are learning this week. You are finding out the point value of many items. I'm not replacing the fireplace. but going to make an accent wall out of it with cladding. I bought me a bigger TV and it won't fit above the fireplace.

137/100 Red
    54 min cardio

• trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever That's true. That's a more positive way to look at it. Thanks! Ah, well congrats on the new tv, and good luck with the project! :)

Hello all. Yesterday was a busy day, we had a water leak at the library which is a very bad thing considering our materials. Luckily, no materials got damaged. It was just a bit stressful and high energy. I came home exhausted but I did a 20-minute Leslie Sansone walking video even though I was tired. I lost 0.4 lbs this week, second week in a row that I've gone down instead of up. It's amazing because I ended the week -127 pts! I'm glad my points reset today. Tonight, we are getting takeout. I'm getting my food from a salad restaurant and my husband is getting his from Rubio's (Mexican). Water wasn't so good yesterday, I have to work on that.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I thought I responded yesterday, but I see that I did not. I am tracking, yesterday food wise was not good. I met a dear friend yesterday at Chili's and she brought sugar cookies frosted (homemade) LOL. I had not seen her in about a year and half...we worked together for 30 years, went to the gym together, then when she retired, we used to meet for lunch each month...Covid hit and well the rest is history. LOL. It was good and you know today is another day to eat well. I walked and rode bikes yesterday too. Still trying to make good habits.

@trooworld Yes a water leak is probably not good, LOL..I have so many OLD books of my dads, we are talking some are 100 years old and I have them in a glass door bookcase. Yea on losing weight..you are back ! Sounds like you are doing great, with DH ordering from one restaurant and you from another.!! :)

@theslightedgeforever I don't think I could ever get rid of my fireplace. But then we aren't identical twins...LOL good job on keeping up with your health in spite of covid and all that is going on..

@TeresaW1020 I love the picture of your mom...yea for her. Yes you should not feel guilty about not teaching...I used to do the same thing and I NOW look back with regrets..you don't have to always be like me LOL

Cbabie