NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!
    It's good to see you all here checking in and telling us about your day!

I tracked, got my walk in, did my arms, but still went over my goals in food. However I feel better no sugar and I know what sent me over and today I get a little better at it. Yes my carbs are low, but I don't want to raise them..I will just keep going over, so set low and I might be normal.:)

Peru: glad to see you, wow it's been 5 years? it seems like yesterday! You can do this, just one meal at a time, keep resetting your goals the most important thing is not to give up. Then you are defeated, but always trying says I am more than a conqueror.

slightedge: great job, sounds like you found a winner. keep movin movin..

Jackie: morning: good to see you

Karla: keep asking questions, I am trying to learn from you. I feel bloated and not flowing...if that makes sense...I first have to track..I see that on Fridays I let go and eat what I want, I have to change my mindset. It just sets me up for failure.

dankas: I hear excitement in your post! :) We are all here supporting you!!

Okay have to go get my stuff done.

cbabie
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    thanks girls for all the encouragement xx good choices yesterday woke up famished this morning so im going to have a cut off time of 7pm try & have nothing to eat after this time which is tricky let you all know how it goes ive been off work since brain surgery in january first 5 months was complete recovery mainly sleeping a lot but i feel 100 percent now neuro surgeon gp & oncologist all agree that i can afford to withold on radiotherapy for now should have been doce months ago, but theyre all hopeful if residule tumour hasnt grown then i can delay radiotherapy fo 6/12 months start get on with life again heres hoping me n hubby live outside glasgow so were going to the beautiful highlands in october for a week & then hopefuly back to work there after everything crossed kate xx
  • peruviansweetie
    peruviansweetie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!
    So, I did pretty good yesterday. I have to work on making my meals more instead of eating out. I went to panera bread for lunch and had a salad.
    I don't really like to cook, but I need to cook more. When I make my own meals I feel better and eat healthier.
    I reached my goal of tracking and drinking my water yesterday.
    My goal today:
    Continue tracking
    Drink water
    Make a healthy meal.

@cbabie yes over 5 years.. Can you believe it??? My baby starts kindergarten next week already. I'm getting emotional. At least I still have my little one to keep me company while my baby girl is at school. I plan on walking her to school when the weather is nice. This will help me increase my activities. Walking there and back!! I should be able to get a lot of steps in.
    @bugmom92 you are too funny with all those cookbook levels. I definitely wouldn't get it. Great job on tracking everything!!!
    @dankas001 Hope all goes well!! Great job on staying on track and with your steps
    @theslightedgeforever Sounds like your summer party was a lot of fun!! And that drink sounds delicious. Can you tell me how you made it. I could also drink that instead of soda. I stopped drinking soda for 4 months and recently started again. I don't drink one everyday, but whenever I go out to eat I want something sweet and it's the only thing that's 0 points!!! I tried the unsweetened iced tea and don't like it at all!! You're doing a great job!!!
    @jackie_van_d Hope you're feeling better!! How are u doing with your goals???

Have a great day ladies!!!
  • peruviansweetie
    Options
    qokot8jb5d58.jpeg
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    hi health gaurd im very dissapointed with ww new look i loved message boards & group none of that there now x
  • peruviansweetie
    Options
    Hello @health_guard Welcome!! I miss the WW boards too. Now they have the connect thing. It looks like people like it and I see a lot of people posting on there. But I still like and miss the boards.
  • bugmom92
    bugmom92 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Went to WW today because I'll be too busy tomorrow. Weighed in a day early and still down 3.8. It's amazing how fast a body can reverse the damage done to it when you take care of it right! The topic was staying hydrated. A lady shared an app she uses on her phone called Plant Nanny. I downloaded it and it's a fun little game style way of tracking water. I named my plant George, and I don't want George to die, so he and I are drinking our water. lol. So, I thought more today about what that lady told me last week about asking myself one simple question in the morning, and make my food choices accordingly. I realize that making the one choice to eat better ends up snowballing into doing everything else that supports my goal. Eating right makes me want to exercise, makes me remember to not let my emotions sell me out, makes me want to drink my water. So basically, even though I have made one solid goal for myself (eating right), all the other things have just been coming along naturally. Kinda cool.
    Went to the dentist today...was numb for 4 hours after I got home. Finally could eat. Heated up some of those madras lentils in a pouch and steamed some broccoli. Ate 2 bites (slurped) of the lentils and the temporary crown fell off. So I had to slurp the rest of my food down on the other side of my mouth. I guess I get to see my dentist again tomorrow. I was hungry enough, I got my food eaten. I really like the ease of tracking on MFP site...really easier in some ways than WW (though I track there too). Came in 9 pts under today...probably not going to try to ingest those 9 points. In the past I'd say have a soda or ice cream. But I'm eating for my health, which means no sugar that will only feed the inflammation. I am short on protein by a bunch, but unless they sell pureed hamburgers somewhere I guess I'm out of luck!
    The next 2 days will be super crazy busy packing and stuff, and then I'm at the convention for 4 days. I'll try to check in on my phone or tablet. I get soooo busy there, I barely get a real sit-down break for meals.
    @dankas001 your holiday sounds wonderful!
    @health_guard welcome to the board! Some of us newbies go way (way way) back on the WW boards, but we love to make new friends! This is a very nice group of ladies. I think we try to stay pretty positive most of the time, but we keep it real too. Your struggles are our struggles. Hope to hear more from you. I'm actually loving posting here, it's so much easier for me. Glad you found us!
    Everyone else, I have to go get ready to walk with my friend who will be here any minute...but I loved reading and catching up!
    Karla :-)
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    carla Think of the exercise portion as activity points. Some people choose to eat those back some people not. I use mine as a way to determine my net calories for the week. I'll show a pic in a minute. Because I have a fitbit, and I've enabled negative adjustments if I'm not as active as I should be it will start deducting exercise points. For my calories, I just use the food total and try and stay under my goal. I don't eat all those calories left at the end of the day. I want those to go into my net calorie bank. woohoo on your loss.

jackie how is your day going?

cbabie yaaay on tracking doing your walk and your arms

danka great news from the doc. I want to go to the highlands someday. I saw a documentary about winter in the highlands two days ago. I'll go in summer. :) Good luck on your 7 pm deadline

peru I love Panera for breakfast. I'm with you on not liking to cook but I'm getting better at it. Tonight I spiralized butternut squash and threw in some parsley parmesan cheese and spices. On top of that some low carb chicken crunchy chicken breasts cut up. plus some fruit salad. Easy and tasted so good. Here's that recipe. This is for one quart. I made some tonight just for myself. But for my party, I doubled it and threw in a can of Canada Dry low sodium for some fizz. http://mamashire.com/peach-good-girl-moonshine/ I don't like unsweetened iced tea either.

healthguard Jump aboard. we always need an extra hand when one of us is too tired to row. Welcome

Finally the scale moved. I've been losing bodyfat but wanted that number to move. Now I'm officially under 200. negative thoughts just came my way but I had to squash them. I'm a different person now, I can keep moving forward. My period is 10 days late and I'm hoping a lb or so is hiding in bloat. Another NSV is I had another blood sugar reading under 100 this month One day I will no longer be prediabetic.

posted
    stayed OP under calories over carbs by 14
    exercised weight lifting 67 min
    + number at end of the night for exercise

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Carla this is my net calories chart. Supposedly if you get somewhere between 2000-5000 you will lose weight. oqv6tdbazse6.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    See underneath the chart it says net calories under weekly goal Mine was 2155. I lost weight too. Everyone has their own magic number. The trick is to finding yours I just like MFP because of the fun charts. Except in bright red when it showed I made bad choices. Lol. It's saying STOP
  • bugmom92
    edited August 2016
    Options
    you can make your fitbit info show up here, in MFP? do you have the premium account? Because my net calories chart doesn't look anything like yours.

edit: ok, that is how it looks on the phone, lol, not on the computer. So my goal was 1200, and my net was 1257. And I lost weight. Cool beans. lol.
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Morning all, it's a drippy day here, hoping it will clear up
    Not really liking today, a lot of waiting around and $ to spend in my poor old van today to keep it all legal and on the road,
    And I'm about to tackle 3 loads of laundry to fold ...
    So not a fun day ahead
  • cbabie
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Morning:

I stayed the course yesterday. I was only a few over, but instead of eating carbs last night I ate 4T of PB2. I went to bed a little hungry, but better than depressed or stuffed. I got my walk in, but not my weights. Woke up with a stiff neck. Still a little sore today. Sleeping wrong.

Well it's good to see all here and the good news everyone is bringing to the board! I am glad we started this, yes I miss the WW board, but this is easier an we can post pictures..LOL

Healthgaurd: Welcome!! We would love to have you on board.

Jackie: This too shall pass my mom used to say...LOL and I would say when. :) Hope you have a good day

Dankas: I am so excited for you, you are doing great!

Peru: happy to see my friend again. Love the hugs picture. My girls are 14 months apart....somedays I wish for the stay at home days again. :) You are doing this!!

slightedge: I found the chart you showed. wow I have a long way to go. Thanks for showing us your little tricks.

Karla: great job on the loss....now I have to join this crowd. :wink:

Okay gals gotta run...

Cbabie
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Miranda well said. Right now my journey seems long. I checked my stats and in the last 30 days I've had only 3 days above my calorie goal. Most above is 110 calories. While I have exercised more intensely the past week my stats show me with 2% less steps than month before. I have increased my water intake average from 6 to 15. But I will persist.

lore enjoy your grandkids. Did you do your treadmill

cbabie good for you for sitting on your hands. Have you considered sugar free ice cream?

danka Yaaaay your loss

sonkissed sometimes dh is dear husband then other times I've been known to use it as darn husband or worse ;) Thats great your husband is willing to help That's half the battle right there. You can't change everything at once. Pick one thing and commit to doing it every day. What will have the biggest impact on your health? Starr making you an excuse buster list. Write down why you didn't do something. Then you can start finding ways around it. I need to make my own list for exercise.

My current new strategy this week for exercise. On my MFP dashboard it shows my calorie goal - food +/- exercise
    When I see it go to a negative number I will work to make it positive.

goals met
    posted
    tracked but over carbs by 44 under calories by 95
    yogurt parfait

Yes, I walked on my treadmill. Yay!!
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!!! Well, it is hump day. I hope everyone's week is going well. I didn't meet my goal last week of exercising 5 to 6 days. It seems like there are always things getting in the way. Last Friday my two sisters and 3 of my nieces got together and exercised to a 3 mile walking tape and it was a lot of fun. That day I got in over 10,000 steps. I haven't been drinking as much water as I should either. I am hoping to do better this week. My main problem is: I do really good for breakfast and lunch, on my eating and most of the time I do good at dinner. For some reason I get the munchies between dinner and bedtime. Does anyone else have that problem? It is very flusterating and the scale is not moving. It's another day and I am going to try to do better!!!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    carla you can sync your fitbit and MFP. I sync through both sites. How do you edit on here?

jackie I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

cbabie yaaay for staying the course. Now repeat.

lore good job on tackling the treadmill

healthguard hooray on the weight loss. I finally got my scale moving. I've got about 60-65 more lbs to go. But just one step at a time. I'm counting inches if I'm headed in the right direction. I have planned snacks between dinner and bedtime. I built them into my overall day so if I wanted something I wouldn't feel guilty and I wouldn't go over my budget. Usually it is plain yogurt with some fruit thrown in Sometimes a cup of chocolate milk depending on how I'm feeling
  • bugmom92
    Options
    slightedge, you have an hour to edit. It will have a button in the top right corner of your message. After that, no editing. And I will wait to sync up my fitbit, but when I am ready I'll try it. I just don't like getting extra calories to burn for activity I feel is minimal. If I had the premium plan, I'd do it, then I could choose not to have activity count.

Yes, it's 4 am here in CA. No, I did not just get up, I am going to bed now. Got all our gaming stuff packed. Tomorrow will pack clothes and food. Games are more important haha.

Until later...
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Morning from my little corner in Canada!
    The sun is shining, I'm still wearing shorts, and my van is legal to drive!
    My plan is to go for a walk after my adjustment this morning (while the fam is still asleep)
    Hope you all have a great day!
  • cbabie
    Options
    It's Thursday!!

Morning gals, great check in. I did not keep to my plan. I however, have not had any sweets, I just ate too much of my nut mixture. I should have just went to bed. So keepin on moving in the right direction. I got my walk in..only needed 300 more for my 10K, but you know almost!! did my arms, but today I am running late and won't get arms in. I have to go out for lunch, but already checked the menu. Nothing too great and will have to not eat some of it, but I have a plan!!

Lore, yes I do good all day and kill it at night. I am working on saying NO. It's a hard word in every area of my life. :) If we keep trying we will eventually get it. Congrats on meeting your goal on exercise!!

jackie: Morning, glad the sun is shining, it's still dark here. Yea on your van.

Health guard, I have never done Zumba...I am not coordinated and well I can barely do step..LOL Keep doing it, I hear it' greats. We have a couple of people who like it. speaking of which peru...where are you?

slightedge: great job! I don't know about the chocolate milk..that would make me want something sweet with it..I am better with none that a little. :)

Karla: you are such a night owl. I hope you get some rest, get your stuff packed and have a great time at the convention. Stay to your plan, you can do this because it's about how you will feel when you come home. you will be great!!

dankas: wanted to say morning!!

Peru: I will come find you. LOL

Okay gals gotta run

Cbabie
  • bugmom92
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Checking in quick before bed, and my crazy upcoming weekend. Had to share this meme I saw today...with everyone saying "this too shall pass" lately....hope you get a chuckle like I did!
    Have a great long weekend (for the US...everyone else have a great regular weekend!)