Bye Coffee?

Options
I love coffee. Who doesn't? Rhetorical question :smile: Lol
I like my coffee sweet. International Delights French Vanilla creamer, like a lot of it, and 3 tsp sugar. My morning coffee devours my breakfast calories. But I still need to eat breakfast which has me starving myself until dinner to save those calories.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to cut my sugar and calorie intake with my morning coffee? I can't drink it black. I've tried. I've tried coconut creamer, its Ok but watery. I like my coffee more creamy, and I can't drink other nut milk/creamer (allergy)
Am I at a loss or what? Green Tea is too much for me.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Put milk in your coffee. Nearly every morning I drink 6-8 oz of Fairlife milk (2% or whole) in 24 oz of coffee. It's a good source of protein. I don't sweeten it but if you like it sweet, try a few different sweeteners like Splenda or Stevia if you don't want to spend many calories on it. Also, you can add a bit of actual vanilla extract to your coffee for flavoring.
  • SuperNerd42
    SuperNerd42 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It means buying a gadget, but if it's the creaminess that you like you can try frothing some regular milk instead of using cream or half-and-half. A quick google search had milk frothers at $10-20. I like a little frothed milk in my tea :)
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Try using sugar free vanilla syrup in place of the sugar. You can use the creamer, also available in sugar free.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I used fat-free, sugar-free creamer when I was drinking a lot of coffee. Now I just use one measured tablespoon of the regular stuff. If you want a lot of sugar in it, try switching to Splenda or Equal or whichever artificial sweetener you like best.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Sugar free creamer at 15cals per 15ml
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I've been adding a powdered fiber supplement to my coffee which helps me feel a little more full and it's only like 15 calories. and it doesn't effect the flavor at all.
  • alyangel123
    alyangel123 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I actually use a hills cappuccino mix with milk and sweetner as a treat which is probably less calories, about 130-150 depending on milk as I use fat free, not sure what yours works out as but might give you a better sweet/creamy hit than the sugar and cream.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I simply kept cutting back. I now drink a medium roast with 1 tsp of stevia, black. I use to drink a bold but really just lost the taste to french vanilla cream , and the stevia. I kept cutting back the FVC till I got to 1 tablespoon. But now I actually enjoy it black. I'm drinking donut blend or toffee. Like anything else you get use to it and your taste buds change.
  • LessofAJ
    LessofAJ Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Like most have said, gradually cutting back worked for me, and then I switched to a small amount of Sugar free torani syrup, and now I've just made enough room in my calories for two measured Tbsp of flavored creamer each morning with no sugar, etc.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I just use skim milk and splenda.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I love black coffee, But maybe try like vanilla almond milk? Get a bit of the milky sweet taste without the calories.