Postpartum Mommy Weight Loss(non mom's welcome too!)

Options

Replies

• asantoroski
    asantoroski Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    keelzamy wrote: »
    I'm four months postpartum and have been stagnant the last month or so.

I want to start a challenge for me and whoever else to motivate each other until the new year. Let's set a goal for December 31st!

SW: 247
    CW: 227
    GW: 215

Were pretty close in sw and cw got me thinking my gw id too ambitious??
    I'm four months postpartum and have been stagnant the last month or so.

I want to start a challenge for me and whoever else to motivate each other until the new year. Let's set a goal for December 31st!

SW: 247
    CW: 227
    GW: 215

Were pretty close in sw and cw got me thinking my gw id too ambitious??

No, I mean if you work hard you can achieve it just don't beat yourself if you don't! You got this girl.
  • suzdhliwayo
    suzdhliwayo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh wow this is perfect
  • asantoroski
    Options
    So I'm still up some weight from my gain but my period is late by four days. I'm down 2lbs from last Friday but I'm definitely pmsing. I hate how much our periods are screwy after having a baby.

SW(day of labor) 247
    CW 230.2
    GW 215 by January 1st.

I started kickboxing this week. I haven't worked out like that since a month before I got pregnant with Addy, so we're talking a year and two months. Haha. The sit-ups killed me since I had a csection and have no strength there. But I'm going to do the 45 minute class twice a week. Plus plan to hit 10,000 steps on my Fitbit at least five days a week. I better see some damn results this Friday. I feel so bloated.

If anyone wants to add me, feel free.
  • Myaaka
    Myaaka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. So Saturday's are my weigh-ins. I was 196 last Saturday and was 194.6 today. I am really depressed though because yesterday I was 192.6. I'm having a really hard time today because of that. I actually ate under my calories yesterday, probably by too much. I didn't work out yesterday which was the first day in a week that I didn't due to being out all day and then exhausted. Then again today I couldn't workout and I'm even more depressed. Just need to get myself in gear abs know it's just normal fluctuations that the scale does and move on. But after the last few weeks of eating healthy and working out I just didn't want to see a 2 lb spike so soon in the game. I'll move on though. Just wanted to vent. Thanks
  • keelzamy
    keelzamy Posts: 32 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Melionfire wrote: »
    I use Hershey's 70% dark chocolate chipits but you can go darker if you like.

Can you taste the avocado? im not a huge fan but fancy giving these a go.
  • keelzamy
    keelzamy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Do monday im starting 30day shred....my other half is foing it with me although he has no weight to lose and is miles fitter than me so we struck up a deal....he does 30ds with me.we take a few days break then i do insanity with him. i watched indanity last night amd cant imagine EVER being in shape enough to do it.hmmm....oh well we shall see lol.nervous to weigh mon just reslly want to have dropped 4lb.
  • zgolub
    zgolub Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    SW: 165
    CW: 162
    GW: 140

I plan on eating "mindfully." I find that I am always reading or watching TV or chasing after my toddler when I eat. I plan on just sitting down and eating when I can and focusing on my meal. I hope to learn to control my portions that way and not let my snacking get a way from me.
  • asantoroski
    Options
    Myaaka wrote: »
    Hey everyone. So Saturday's are my weigh-ins. I was 196 last Saturday and was 194.6 today. I am really depressed though because yesterday I was 192.6. I'm having a really hard time today because of that. I actually ate under my calories yesterday, probably by too much. I didn't work out yesterday which was the first day in a week that I didn't due to being out all day and then exhausted. Then again today I couldn't workout and I'm even more depressed. Just need to get myself in gear abs know it's just normal fluctuations that the scale does and move on. But after the last few weeks of eating healthy and working out I just didn't want to see a 2 lb spike so soon in the game. I'll move on though. Just wanted to vent. Thanks

2.6 lbs is still really impressive for one week! Don't beat yourself up. Maybe you had too much sodium yesterday and you're retaining water. It's hard when you see a spike but by tracking you can go by trends and overall you're going down so that's awesome.
  • annied000
    annied000 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I had my 5th child in Sept. 2015. I still have about 20lbs to lose!

Starting weight 139
    Goal weight 120
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I use Hershey's 70% dark chocolate chipits but you can go darker if you like.

Can you taste the avocado? im not a huge fan but fancy giving these a go.

I find the chocolate and the cinnamon are the flavour I pick up on. The avocado makes them that creamy truffle texture. I enjoy avocado but find it blends well in desserts and makes them more moist especially if you are not using the usual butter or oil. But everyone has their preferences so I can't guarantee it. If you add a bit more dark chocolate it would probably completely cancel the avocado flavour out. The ones I made were around 80 cals each but I only made 10 and the recipe said to make at least 12 small truffles so they would be less calories each then.
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Myaaka wrote: »

It is always discouraging to see the number go up on the scale but it is just a number. I can guarantee that you did not gain 2 pounds in fat unless you somehow ate 7000 calories above maintenance in one day. Just give it a few days and usually that number will drop. On Friday I was 209.4 and on Sunday it said 210.8. Of course I swore at the scale but knew what would happen. This morning I stepped on and it was down to 209. If you put the effort in you will see results. The important part is to not give up because that is how no progress is made and often you end up gaining everything back. This is my motto. Time passes regardless of what you are doing. You might as well take steps to live a healthier life and to reach your goals while the clock ticks on.
  • NicoleMarie2486
    NicoleMarie2486 Posts: 30 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm in! Had a baby boy July 26th...this is my 3rd kid and I'm so ready to get back in shape!
    Sw: 133
    Cw: 128
    Gw: 110
  • ChelseaSM
    ChelseaSM Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I really need to join this challenge! I had two back to back pregnancies leading up to the birth of my LO (the first ended in a loss late second tri, then I was pregnant again within a few months.

Starting starting weight was 145.

Starting weight for second pregnancy was 175, 217 at birth.

Currently 215 and really needing to feel like myself again. I don't even recognize this body and feel so tired all the time. I was at the gym lifting weights and running at 5 am every day before baby.

Right now just aiming to get under 200, then I will take it from there.
  • juliasmith3
    juliasmith3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to participate! I have three kids my oldest being 5.
    SW-180
    CW-230
    GW-215

UGW-175

• stephi9
    stephi9 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm in I had my second child 5the of august and with this pregnancy I put on alot of weight!!!! I was 80kg (176lb) when I got pregnant (still had some baby weight from my first pregnancy) and I got to 110kg (262lb) why pregnant I'm now 99kg (218lb) and his 9 weeks old my goal weight is 70-75kg (154-165lb) good luck mums!!!
  • stephi9
    stephi9 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My goal for the end of December is less then my over all goal tho lol I would like to get under 90kg (198lb) by end of December
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Last week I was 209.4 and on this week's weigh in I am 207.8 which makes another 1.6 pounds lost. I am now 7.8 pounds from my New Years goal
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Last week I was 209.4 and on this week's weigh in I am 207.8 which makes another 1.6 pounds lost. I am now 7.8 pounds from my New Years goal

Hope everyone had a great week
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Not sure why but my posts keep getting cut short.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    am_change wrote: »
    am_change wrote: »
    SW 2 weeks pp 241
    CW 198
    GW for starting the new year 190

Last week 197
    This week 195.2

Today: 194.4
    Slow and steady!