10 Lbs in 5 weeks?

Options
2»

Replies

• szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    As many people have said, that is too aggressive of a goal for you. If I were you, I would concentrate on weight lifting and not so much the scale. After 5 weeks you will most likely look leaner and clothes will fit better, even though your weight may be close to the same. And since they are only going to see you and not your scale, I would think that is more important.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I wouldn't drastically cut calories. Instead I would focus on eating clean for the next 5 weeks and drink plenty of water. You may not lose 10 lbs but you will definitely look and feel so much better! Good luck!

Lol

OP, sorry, 2lbs a week at your weight is not healthy if possible at all. 2lbs a week = 7000cal. This is how much you have to make as a deficit. So that is 1000cal deficit per day. Your maintenance is around 1500 for sedentiary. So you need to eat 1000cal total a day and burn 500cal in exercise per day which is like 1.5 hours of cycling.
    Not doable and not healthy.

You can lose 1lbs a week which is 500cal deficit per day. This is doable if you do some exercise to increase your burn (including just walking). And makes 5lbs in 5 weeks. Better than nothing.

Edit: had wrong math
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    The "clean eating" naysayers are out in force. Yes, you can lose weight on an all-Twinkie nutrition plan but you will feel like crap. Real food without a ton of added sodium will help you feel more like moving around, and if you are more active during your day you'll burn a few more calories.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    maxit wrote: »
    The "clean eating" naysayers are out in force. Yes, you can lose weight on an all-Twinkie nutrition plan but you will feel like crap. Real food without a ton of added sodium will help you feel more like moving around, and if you are more active during your day you'll burn a few more calories.
    *groan*
    I feel perfectly fine. I move around. No one was saying "eat ALL THE CRAP" which 'clean eaters' (by the way, what IS the definition of clean eating?) think those who moderate all foods do.

I used to eat clean vegetarian.. was I healthy?
    NO.

I was at my heaviest with a plethora of health issues.

• maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    *groan*
    I feel perfectly fine. I move around. No one was saying "eat ALL THE CRAP" which 'clean eaters' (by the way, what IS the definition of clean eating?) think those who moderate all foods do.

NO.

yup cico still applies, and eating vegetarian means paying extra attention to protein as well as B12 and zinc. Peace.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options

Please point out who said the OP should eat an all twinkie nutrition plan?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    *groan*

NO.

yup cico still applies, and eating vegetarian means paying extra attention to protein as well as B12 and zinc. Peace.

I was on B12 and multi mineral and vitamin supplements, plus I had a carefully planned diet.. I wasn't absorbing non-heme iron due to my birth control and menorrhagia. All is well now.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    *groan*

NO.

Meh weight is about calories. I lost a *kitten* ton of weight on slimfast before, not healthy, but it worked while I was doing it.