Postpartum Mommy Weight Loss(non mom's welcome too!)

Options

Replies

• stephaniemooney2016
    Options
    Is this a group? I'd love to join!
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Is this a group? I'd love to join!

It is a challenge. You can join by just saying you want to join then put your start weight current weight and goal for the new year and check in every week on weigh in day.
  • JuStDoIt87
    JuStDoIt87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Are people still keeping up on this group? I'm 4mo. pp also trying to get my old body back and thensome (if possible!). Anyone else out they're deliver in July? I started watching my calories and being mindful of what I ate 2 weeks ago. Just trying to get the motivation and umph to finally make a change! Right now I'm married, am a mama to my 4mo. Old, work 3 twelve night hour shifts a week, and am in graduate school. Eeek!

Good luck everyone! :)
  • Melionfire
    Options
    JuStDoIt87 wrote: »
    Are people still keeping up on this group? I'm 4mo. pp also trying to get my old body back and thensome (if possible!). Anyone else out they're deliver in July? I started watching my calories and being mindful of what I ate 2 weeks ago. Just trying to get the motivation and umph to finally make a change! Right now I'm married, am a mama to my 4mo. Old, work 3 twelve night hour shifts a week, and am in graduate school. Eeek!

Good luck everyone! :)

I delivered mid June by c section. Waited till September to start. Working on portion control and being mindful of.when I am actually hungry and full as well as aim for some form of exercise at least 4 times a week. So far 23 pounds down but have quite a ways to go. I still want to lose 47 pounds 14 of which are pregnancy pounds. You can do it.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Hi @JuStDoIt87 welcome and congratulations! My baby was born in February and I've just got down the weight I was when we started trying to conceive...which was overweight so I still have some way to go! Slow and steady.
  • britneyf07
    britneyf07 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I will join before i had my son i was 135 pounds then after i had him i was 165 now im at 183 i need help
  • JuStDoIt87
    Options
    am_change wrote: »
    Hi @JuStDoIt87 welcome and congratulations! My baby was born in February and I've just got down the weight I was when we started trying to conceive...which was overweight so I still have some way to go! Slow and steady.

That's my first goal! And my first goal is an overweight, weight but it's a good place to "starts that's awesome that it took u around 9mos to lose. Go figure! Whatya do to lose?
  • JuStDoIt87
    Options
    britneyf07 wrote: »
    I will join before i had my son i was 135 pounds then after i had him i was 165 now im at 183 i need help

Wow you're weight challenges sound similar to me. I always used to be around 135-140..then before I had my daughter I creeped up to 163..in pregnancy i got to 183..post pregnancy creeped up to 194.

What are ur thought about what u want to do to lose weight? How old is ur son?
  • am_change
    Options
    @JuStDoIt87 I log on here what I've eaten, every day. I try to stay under the calories I'm given by mfp but have occasional days where I go over. I try to walk every day and fit in work out dvds on the rare occasions I have the energy for them. But that's it. No quick fixes, just slow and steady aiming for a pound a week. Good luck!
  • angiejim0415
    angiejim0415 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    2 wks postpartum here. Had her at 180lbs. I'm now down to 160lbs. I'd like to be 135. I've started to exercise already and TRIED to maintain a 2000 cal diet while breastfeeding, but I'm still so used to giving into my cravings.
  • Swanwave
    Swanwave Posts: 12 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm in! It's been one month and I'm feeling motivated to look good in a sparkly New Year's eve dress. :) I don't normally weigh myself, just go by what I look and feel good at so I don't know my prepregnancy weight. I was a US size 4 though and sometimes a 2. Jeans were size 27.

My goal weight for the new year is my old size 4.

Eventually I'd like to fit size 26 jeans.

I'll buy a scale though I might only weigh myself every other week. Once a week is too soon. That leads to being all sad that you didn't lose weight when really you did lose fat, but you gained muscle and that's heavier, or you're retaining water, or you're constipated, etc etc...
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Another pound down this week
  • Melionfire
    Options
    Melionfire wrote: »
    So that makes 24 down and 6.8 to go to reach my New Years goal
  • am_change
    Options
    SW 2 weeks pp 241
    CW 198
    GW for starting the new year 190

Last week 197
    This week 195.2

Today: 194.4
    Slow and steady!

194 this week. Even slower!
  • Melionfire
    Options
    So that makes 24 down and 6.8 to go to reach my New Years goal

I am making today weigh in day. Decided to step on the scale and was down another 1.2 pounds so that is a 2.2 loss this week. I am now 205.6 so 5.6 pounds to goal. I can not wait for Onederland!!
  • asantoroski
    asantoroski Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Down 2lbs! Excited about this. I have been eating 1750 calories a day which is set at 1.5lb lose a week with light activity, my Fitbit steps are attached and I'm doing kickboxing twice a week. I can't wait to weigh in Thursday. I figured a day earlier since I'll cry Friday morning after all that good thanksgiving food if I weight in.

CW 228.8
    GW for December 31st 217

This is obviously a stretch but I'm willing to do the work.
  • maemommy813
    maemommy813 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Have an 8 month old and I need to get motivated!
    SW: 158
    CW: 154.4
    GW (by 12/31): 149
    Overall GW: 130

• Melionfire
    Options
    I guess I wasn't the only one who forgot to check in last week. On Saturday I was 204 which was a 1.6 loss that week. So now 4 pounds to goal. Will weigh in on Friday or Saturday again. I have a big staff party this weekend so hoping to have some self control there. I just want to aim for reasonable portion control. Even though it is a buffet I don't need to fill my plate to the brim. I can still enjoy the food I love but in moderate amounts which in the end is more enjoyable than the stuffed sickening feeling!
  • Myaaka
    Myaaka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! So sorry I haven't been on here the last few weeks. Had a family emergency and then went to a different state for 2 weeks and it's been crazy! Anyways, I'm fully back on track after all that horrible (and very delicious) thanksgiving feast full of calories and goodness!! As of today I'm down to 189.6!! My weigh in day is Saturday and I'm hoping I'll get to 188 or close!! Hope everyone is doing great!
  • VirtualMellie
    VirtualMellie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I have a 6 month old I'm just starting my journey dropping these LBS lol
    SW: 187
    CW: 183
    GW: 174 jan 1st

Also, what time of day do you ladies weigh yourself? I do it in the mornings before breakfast